Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re Social Space Thread

Options
  • 10-09-2009 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭

Hey guys (mods), just wondering why the fundraiser for the social space thread here was closed? Is it to prevent bumping or wha? Figured it was very specific to Galway thread as it is a community fundraiser.. It's tomorrow.
    Was going to add more info.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, it was locked to prevent bumpage but left so people can still view it - it's because this is a discussion forum, not a "post an event" forum.
    There are many many worthwhile causes out there in Galway, we don't allow any of them to post flyers/notices here for the above reason. See po0ks post in charter from 2006.

Similar locks
    you get the idea

Gigs/Events forum do allow "flyer threads" if you wanna try there. Read their charter first though.
    Hope this answers your question? I suggest you use Gigs/Events and also put a link in your signature, that way it'll get some exposure.

Feel free to PM me and po0k if you like, I'm locking this now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement