Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator Question?

Options
  • 10-09-2009 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

I have had a nightmare with my heating system. I recently had a guy in who was highly recommended and after talking to him I think he knows what he is on about. One thing concerned me a little.

He reckons that the flow on my raditors is not ideal. The flow is comming in at the top of the rad and exiting at the bottom. He was unsure if this is the cause of the problem but reckons that changing the flow of the pump should solve the problem. Does anyone know if this would have any adverse effects on any other part of the system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

azzeretti wrote: »
    I have had a nightmare with my heating system. I recently had a guy in who was highly recommended and after talking to him I think he knows what he is on about. One thing concerned me a little.

He reckons that the flow on my raditors is not ideal. The flow is comming in at the top of the rad and exiting at the bottom. He was unsure if this is the cause of the problem but reckons that changing the flow of the pump should solve the problem. Does anyone know if this would have any adverse effects on any other part of the system?

It sounds to me like the flow is going the correct direction to me!

The water coming in at the top will be warmer, warm things expand, hence are less dense. As the water cools in the radiator it will get more dense and fall to the bottom where its removed from the radiator...

If you look at any car the top hose going to the radiator is the hottest one, this takes the hot water from the engine. The bottom hose is always much cooler as this takes the cooler water back to the engine...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Google balancing your radiators.

Advertisement