Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FORM MED 1 Revenue

• 10-09-2009 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

I am applying for, or in the process of applying for tax refund, how does this work? you get tax back on what exactly.?

i have a receipt for almost 5,000e but says tax is 0%?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

I am applying for, or in the process of applying for tax refund, how does this work? you get tax back on what exactly.?

What exactly is the receipt for? Is it for qualify medical/dental expenses?

If so, provided you are a PAYE employee you can fill in the Med1 and send it to your local tax office. For all years up to 2008 relief will be given at your highest rate of tax.

All the info you need can be found at the below link;

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/credits/health-expenses.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

it's a refund against PAYE paid- no PAYE no refund

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Tax is 0% is probably a reference to VAT - the services provided are probably zero-rated, in which case you have not been charged VAT. This has no impact on your PAYE position/refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Beasty wrote: »
    Tax is 0% is probably a reference to VAT - the services provided are probably zero-rated, in which case you have not been charged VAT. This has no impact on your PAYE position/refund.

Hearing Aids I got back in 2008, cost was circa 5,000e

I was told by the benefits section of the HSE to claim tax back on them as when I bought them I had not enough contributions to avail of HSE scheme to pay some of the cost of them.

I have been paying PAYE etc, so can I fill in this form and drop it into my revenue? what year do I put down for claim year, 2008 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

it is the year you actually paid for them that you put down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 jesusofnaz

im going to be using this form against laser eye treatment, when should i expect the tax back, is it in the form of a cheque - is it issued at the end of the year or during it? any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

jesusofnaz wrote: »
    im going to be using this form against laser eye treatment, when should i expect the tax back, is it in the form of a cheque - is it issued at the end of the year or during it? any advice appreciated.

Health Expenses are dealt with on a review only basis, so your claim can only be processed once the current year is over (31/12/2009). You'll get a cheque or lodgment to your bank a/c, and relief will be at the standard rate of tax (20%).:eek:

Advertisement