Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

copying my C: drive onto a new HDD

• 10-09-2009 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hello,
    I installed a 1TB HDD in my machine and im trying to put my OS on it. I have norton ghost 12 already installed and i tried to use it to ghost the C: drive ont the new HDD. the old drive is approx 200G and is split into 54.8GB (C:) and 148GB (storage). When i go into ghost i choose "copy my drive" from the tools tab and go through the wizard to copy the disk and then click on copy but after a very short time it reurns the following error "Error EC8F17B3: Cannot complete copying of (C:\) drive.
    --Cannot copy source drive to destination location.
    ---Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. PRECONDITION failed, WinNtDevice::Read: .\WinNtDevice.cpp(1947): ! IsSystemAccessRestricted().
    ---Cannot copy source drive to destination location.
    ----Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. PRECONDITION failed, WinNtDevice::Read: .\WinNtDevice.cpp(1947): ! IsSystemAccessRestricted()."
    I tried reformatting the new disk but no change. Anyone know why this is happening? I thought od doing a recover disk (image) but i have lost the original disk that i need to setup the image. Any thoughts?
    THANKS

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i had many problems with norton ghost, you could give clonezilla a go, best of all its free :D

http://www.clonezilla.org/

its a lot easier to ghost multiple areas and the UI is fairly simple

Advertisement