Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No I.d.

• 10-09-2009 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, probably not the most suitable thread for this section anyways but here goes.. What's it like in Sligo on a night out, do the bouncers ask for Id in every place or are they fairy lax about this stuff. I start next week, will be going out but will be 17 for the whole year :(
    gimme any experiences ye had if you weren't 18 in your first year :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Hey, probably not the most suitable thread for this section anyways but here goes.. What's it like in Sligo on a night out, do the bouncers ask for Id in every place or are they fairy lax about this stuff. I start next week, will be going out but will be 17 for the whole year :(
    gimme any experiences ye had if you weren't 18 in your first year :P

I can sort of relate to your question. I was 17 for my whole 1st year in Galway and it was quite difficult, was asked for ID everywhere but luckily I had one. I turned 18 on the last day of college:rolleyes:

I then started in Sligo last September and I was 19 for the whole year and then turned 20 in May during the exams. I was more often than not asked for ID during a student night because I guess the bouncers realise there would be a lot of 17 year old students around town. My advice would be to get a good ID if you want to get in everywhere because more often than not you will be ID'd:(

There is a sign on the door of the Brewery (pub beside college) that they only accept your College ID but infact they rarely even ask for ID unless there is something on in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dabbido

i was 17 for most of my first year in sligo and was ID'd pretty much everywhere,except for kilgallons (the off licence on the mall, fair play to them!). lucky for me though, i had my bothers old galway student card which was accepted everywhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭john__long

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I can sort of relate to your question. I was 17 for my whole 1st year in Galway and it was quite difficult, was asked for ID everywhere but luckily I had one. I turned 18 on the last day of college:rolleyes:

Exact same as me. I got by using a photocopier, photo paper, green card, and some laminate though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

-Sigh- I really wish I was 18 now.. Looks like I'll
    john__long wrote: »
    using a photocopier, photo paper, green card, and some laminate though!

Another thing, what id did you change John?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

The easiest one I think is a Driving License, I have never done it and don't need to do it but I have heard it's fairly easy to do it if you have a scanner.

No relations or older brother that you might look like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Ask someone you know who has a licence and is over 18, then get them to say they lost it they can then get a new one, You can then take out their picture, replace it with your own, bitta lamination over it and bobs your uncle :D works best if you have a licence yourself and take the pic out of your licence as it will have the small green lines on it.

Advertisement