Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

from rock bottom

Options
  • 10-09-2009 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

names ed and i have started this thread and a blog to help with my motivation and to use some of the (some times frightning amount of) knowledge and help i see handed out on here everyday!

Back Story: Have played basketball all my life but have never been near my proper BMI or ideal weight. ( i know these are not the most accurate things when it comes to weight and ur body compisition) A multitude of set backs and injuries have since halted my playing and i now want to get back to playing next year which is exactly a year from now. I am a great cook and know how to cook healthy. I also at least know about different types of training and excersises so have a solid base of knowledge to work from.

State im in: I right now am at the heaviest i have ever been and also the most unfit. Have not done excersise in many months so literally starting from the bottom up. Though for the last 2 weeks i have been out for hour walks at night to just try get into the mind set of excersise again. I have figured out my diet and will post it if anyone would like to look at it and help which i know i probably need.

What i want from this thread: To just keep this and my blog going, i have bought a tape to measure body size and i want to know how to or where to go to get a body fat measurement. I am basically new to excersise again and im finding it tough to write a simple gym plan even tho i have been going to the gym since i was 15, its a mental block and if anyone has been in this position or helped someone similar to start again i would love any basic plans to follow.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or i have broken any rules. im new to creating threads.

Thanks,

Ed

Advertisement