Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

native italian in sligo?

Options
  • 10-09-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

My friend is looking for a native italian speaker for some small translation for a possible tattoo. Does anyone know of anyone in the sligo region that could help out here?

frAg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Try the Secondary schools, surely one of them teach Italian at Leaving Cert level or you could try the I.T although I'm not sure if they offer Italian but I'm sure they could point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

what do you want translated? I know a Italian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

google translator ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

There's quite a few around. There's a guy who works in Connolly's pub who is Italian. Wears glasses. Stick your head in some evening. He's dead on. I think that chipper on Market Street (Roberto's?) is ran by Italian's. And there's a guy who works in the Business Inovation Center who is Italian. Runs a newspaper of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

my friend is looking to translate " A BEAUTIFUL LIFE" OR " A BEAUTIFUL LOVE"

She has researched it and found that sometimes the online translators translate directly and the grammar is wrong. Prob safer to talk to an italian as once its on the skin there is no going back. Will go for some chips later and ask the guys in robertoes and then a pint in Connolies for good measure!

Thanx for the help folks,

frAg

• Advertisement

frag420 wrote: »

She has researched it and found that sometimes the online translators translate directly and the grammar is wrong. Prob safer to talk to an italian as once its on the skin there is no going back. Will go for some chips later and ask the guys in robertoes and then a pint in Connolies for good measure!

frAg

I know "Life is Beautiful" translates to "La vita è bella". It's the name of that Roberto Benigni movie from a few years back. Almost what you're looking for:)

Speaking of which, "La Dolce Vita" (another movie) means "The Sweet life". Fellini directed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

frag420 wrote: »

frAg

"A beautiful life" in Italian translates as "una bella vita", whilst " a beautiful love" is "un bello amore". However, there are different ways of saying the same thing, depending on how you want to emphasise the meaning of the nouance.

Advertisement