Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGCE Primary Advice Please

• 10-09-2009 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I have been looking at posts on here trying to find out more info on the PGCE.

I want to apply this year for the PGCE primary in either the university of Brighton or the University of Chichester.

I have a C3 in Ordinary level Maths, a C3 in Hons English and a B3 in Hons Biology.

My degree is a 2.2 in Business Studies which I'm peeved about as I got a 61% average but the average for a 2.1 in my college was 63%.

At the moment I have no classroom experience but have 2 weeks observation in November lined up and hope to have 2 weeks after xmas. I have a tiny bit of facilitation experience but it is with adults. The main experience I have with children is that I have a 8 year old daughter (which I'm wondering should I put in my application). I'm afraid the lack of previous classroom experience will hurt my application and wonder how to get around that.

Any advice on the application (especially the personal statement and what they might be looking for) and what anyone who has knowledge on this thinks my chances are would be greatly appreciated as I don't know anyone who did the PGCE.

Thank you.

Comments

Advertisement