Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Have your back to UCD rant" thread

Options
  • 10-09-2009 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

With the highs and lows everyone goes through, in the back to college fiasco. I'm sure plenty of you could do with having a good rant... I know I could!
    Please use this thread to funnel and shout about those things that make you say and think "Those pr*cks", "What a joke UCD is", "I wish they'd fup off" and other such misgivings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

After walking down into the basement area of the UCD restaurant, for a quick bit of food in between lectures on Tuesday, I was greeted by the sight of 5 tables, nobody sitting at them but each with quite an extensive layer of trash and lunch leftovers. All the while, a half empty stood directly to the side, seemingly gathering a layer of dust while continued basic human manners.

First thought: "Those dirty f*cking First Years"

On reflection it may not have been first years at all. However, I don't remember it being like that at any stage last year....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Did my first labs today, it was a bit of a joke to be honest and that three hour lab actually contributed to a precentage of my end of semester grade. I mean, us first years are only in the college four days and there already doing this. We never did the stuff they were doing with us in the labs, they hadn't even gone through it with us in the lectures, were we just expected to understand a damn formula we had never seen in our lives just by looking at it. Plus, they only told us like five minutes beforehand that we needed lab manuels that costed €8 and that we really needed it for the lab to write answers and such. A lot of us don't have a tree that grows money in our back gardens, they should have told us about these requirements days ago when they were running through administrative stuff at the beginning of our first lectures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    Did my first labs today, it was a bit of a joke to be honest and that three hour lab actually contributed to a precentage of my end of semester grade. I mean, us first years are only in the college four days and there already doing this. We never did the stuff they were doing with us in the labs, they hadn't even gone true it with us in the lectures, were we just expected to understand a damn formula we had never seen in our lives just by looking at it. Plus, they only told us like five minutes beforehand that we needed lab manuels that costed €8 and that we really needed for the lab where we right answers and such. A lot of us don't have a tree that grows money in our back gardens, they should have told us about these requirements days ago when they were running through administrative stuff at the beginning of our first lectures.

Presuming this is Physics, there were signs outside the door of the lecture Theatre mentioning them.

I dropped Physics today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Fad wrote: »
    Presuming this is Physics, there were signs outside the door of the lecture Theatre mentioning them.

Which lecture theatre? Do you mean 129 in the Physics building, I didn't see any signs.
    Fad wrote: »
    I dropped Physics today :D

No wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    Which lecture theatre? Do you mean 129 in the Physics building, I didn't see any signs.

No wonder

Yep, just across from the office and on the notice board outside the office.

That lab was just a glimpse of what I assume is to come :pac: (Yes I know it was just an intro-y one, but it scared me off).

The lecture today didnt exactly help tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement