Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest a puppy breed please

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭dmy1001

not sure who you are referring to here but my post was not a criticism but meant as a help only. we don't all do things or think of things the same and a forum is useful to find other methods and opinions i think.
    the only reason i posted this is that i remember the utter devestaion in my pups eyes as i tried the put her nose in it method. she had no clue what i was doing!! i compare this in my head to her delight and bounding around once she figured what the hell i was looking for through the other method.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

I am learning that my methods of training arent right and I am looking in the forum here to see a solution to my training methots. Most of my training methods are ok but some need adjusting. I just got a bit ratty because I am getting fedup of the criticisim I am getting from a few people here. Its like I am not human and I am not allowed to make silly mistakes or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭dmy1001

i think that anything to do with animal welfare/training has become such an emotive issue in recent years. Criticism i find makes me go the opposite way or dig my heels in depending on the tone used. there are methods of giving people information without criticising them, so i understand your feeling.
    a few years ago you could leave you dog to a trainer who would use far different and more agressive methods to those being shown to us these days. it is all i learning curve i guess.
    i found a really good magazine online from the US about positive training for dogs which to be honest made me very sad that i had not found this information prior to getting my dog. however all i can do is use the info now going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Sweetie79

http://www.justdogbreeds.com/beagle.html they're so cool,i want one myself :) small enough and easy to train.

Advertisement