Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house - can I keep my phone number?

Options
  • 10-09-2009 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

hi
    am moving house soon. actually, will be renting while house is being built. can i move my existing phone account to the rented house and eventually new house? that is eircom phone and broadband. also what about my sky? can i move that ok too?
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yep you should be able to, just give them a ring and tell them you're moving house and want to keep your number. Ring sky also with the same info.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its mostly down to whether you are changing telephone exchange or not.

Ensure the account is in your name if you want to keep the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ashmac

thanks guys. will give them a call!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

will you be in the same area code?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

As victor says, you may keep your phone number aslong as you are in the same exchange footprint, if you move outside this then you will have to get a new number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

As victor says, you may keep your phone number aslong as you are in the same exchange footprint, if you move outside this then you will have to get a new number.
    Not absolutely. If your number isn't from the exchange's base set of numbers, you might be able to keep it. For example, by default, most numbers in Dublin begin with 2, 4, 6 or 8 (0 and 1 are reserved), so if you have a number that begins with 3, 5, 7 or 9, they should be able to tranfers it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Its been quite a while since i laid eyes on a dublin number that started with 3,4,7 or 9 :)

Advertisement