Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mozilla problems

• 10-09-2009 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Is anyone else having problems with firefox... I was recieving an update and it just froze I have rebooted and still no joy..Im just getting a blank page

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

jazoo wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with firefox... I was recieving an update and it just froze I have rebooted and still no joy..Im just getting a blank page
    Any issues connecting with another browser?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

uninstall and download the latest version. had the same problem this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

Internet explorer is working fine................... i will try to deleting it and downloading the latest version cheers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try going into the start menu>all programs>Mozilla Firefox>click the icon "Firefox (safe mode)". If it does there could be a incompatible plugin/addon which stalled the update

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

Mozilla has been crashing on me every night for the last 9 or 10 days. I am usually in Facebook and it crashes and I get the "Ooops, Firefox appears to have crashed" etc. I then submit a report on what I was doing prior to the crash and click "Restore". But it happens every night. Anyone else having the same problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 HandsomePete

uninstall skype plugin

uninstall skype plugin

:rolleyes: I would if I had it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Can you tells us which add-ons you have then :) here is anonther thread about slow firefox http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055672904&page=2 you might pick up some ideas from there

The Add-ons I have are:

AVG Safe Search
    Colourful Tabs
    Download Helper
    Facebook Toolbar
    Fast Dial
    Google Toolbar for Firefox
    Java Quick Starter
    Microsoft.Net Framework Assistant
    MultirowBookmarks Toolbar
    PC Sync to Synchronisation Extension
    StumbleUpon
    Vacuum Spaces Improved 1
    Wizz RSS News Reader

It looks like a lot, and I don't know how some of them got there, but others I installed myself. I'm afraid to get rid of any incase they are running something vital in the background :rolleyes:. I'm not very techie!

I've looked at he website povided above and did go into Safe Mode a few days ago but didn't notice any real difference. My problem is not really slowness, but the fact that it keeps crashing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 HandsomePete

disable all plugins and check if its working, then turn them on one by one to determine which one is causing the problem

• Advertisement

OK, I will try that, thanks:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

cardol wrote: »
    The Add-ons I have are:

AVG Safe Search
    Colourful Tabs
    Download Helper
    Facebook Toolbar
    Fast Dial
    Google Toolbar for Firefox
    Java Quick Starter
    Microsoft.Net Framework Assistant
    MultirowBookmarks Toolbar
    PC Sync to Synchronisation Extension
    StumbleUpon
    Vacuum Spaces Improved 1
    Wizz RSS News Reader

It looks like a lot, and I don't know how some of them got there, but others I installed myself. I'm afraid to get rid of any incase they are running something vital in the background :rolleyes:. I'm not very techie!

I've looked at he website povided above and did go into Safe Mode a few days ago but didn't notice any real difference. My problem is not really slowness, but the fact that it keeps crashing. :)

What version of Firefox are you using the newest is 3.5.3 ? find it this way Click Help> About

Add-ons are always save to get rid of they won't do anything vital in the background. Even "Microsoft.Net Framework Assistant" isn't necessary.

If the safe mode didn't work the disabling the plugins won't work either because in safe mode it disables the plug-ins too. Sounds like a re-install of the software is required.

Advertisement