Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Queues for registering today absolute b0llix

• 10-09-2009 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Stuck in a line for about 2 hours, shifting left to right - imo it should have been dealt with properly

What ya think?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i was in last thursday registering as an old git, was there for around 2.5-3 hours all in all. There were 3 women working on the main line, they brought in an extra two people for about 20 minutes which sped things up no end.. moved up around 2 rows of seats in half an hour but then two of them left and we were back to 3.. and then another one left for a half hour or more and there were only two people dealing with the entire queue.

could have been deal with a little better I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

agreed it could have been planned out a tad better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Possibly, but don't be so harsh. What would you have done in place of queuing? - been in the pub? I'd rather be queuing... ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Kevster wrote: »
    Possibly, but don't be so harsh. What would you have done in place of queuing? - been in the pub? I'd rather be queuing... ...

Just bring a few beers with ya and those queues will fly by.

Some sort of number ticket system would have been nice but meh, its just 4 days or so of registeration.

Pro tip, bring a newspaper with you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

three or four newspapers oughta see you through the whole thing, maybe five or six if you're a quick reader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

The college is severely understaffed due to the moratorium on public sector recruitment.

You need to complain to the college about your experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

LOL, welcome to IT carlow,

--things that never change...

-for registration be first in line or wait until the end to save time waiting,

-bring your own lunches, canteen will always be a rip

-your course will have between 1 and 2 subjects completly irrelivant to the area you are studying, simply learn off the notes and regurgitate for assessments and final exams, concentrate your efforts on the proper/intresting subjects.

-join compsoc/netsoc - loads of fun hacking file copying and playing games. if there is no compsoc, create one, people will come.

-tag along with folks in other socs, see if you are into it, some fun extra stuff always going on, no reason to be bored

-students union are for wannabe young fine gael politicians trying to get a foot on the ladder to the dail. they are as much use as a marzipan dildo.

-your class will either be like in secondary school, where people quickly form bitchy little cliques OR will learn to work together and help/share info with anyone falling behind. this atmosphere depends heavily on the first few days and the class rep you choose, so choose well. if you find yourself in a bad atmosphere, transfer to a similar course in the IT as soon as possible. it makes the difference between being miserable for the next 3-5 years and having the time of your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Spacedog wrote: »
    LOL, welcome to IT carlow,

--things that never change...

-for registration be first in line or wait until the end to save time waiting,

-bring your own lunches, canteen will always be a rip

-your course will have between 1 and 2 subjects completly irrelivant to the area you are studying, simply learn off the notes and regurgitate for assessments and final exams, concentrate your efforts on the proper/intresting subjects.

-join compsoc/netsoc - loads of fun hacking file copying and playing games. if there is no compsoc, create one, people will come.

-tag along with folks in other socs, see if you are into it, some fun extra stuff always going on, no reason to be bored

-students union are for wannabe young fine gael politicians trying to get a foot on the ladder to the dail. they are as much use as a marzipan dildo.

-your class will either be like in secondary school, where people quickly form bitchy little cliques OR will learn to work together and help/share info with anyone falling behind. this atmosphere depends heavily on the first few days and the class rep you choose, so choose well. if you find yourself in a bad atmosphere, transfer to a similar course in the IT as soon as possible. it makes the difference between being miserable for the next 3-5 years and having the time of your life.

lolz so true , tis me 3rd year tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Spacedog wrote: »
    they are as much use as a marzipan dildo.

Nice, I lol'd.

Even better idea would be to turn up 2 hours late for registration. That's what I did and hey presto I was done in 10 minutes flat :cool:

Advertisement