Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup Quarter Finals

• 10-09-2009 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Friday:
    Live: TG4
    Bohs vs Sligo-2-1 Bohs

Saturday:
    Longford Town vs Bray Wanderers- 0-1
    Sporting Fingal vs Shamrock Rovers(Also live@7.30 on Saturday) 1-0 Fingal
    Waterford United vs St.Pat's-Pat's 2-1

As a Bohs fan I'd love to beat Rovers in the final at Tallaght but I can see Fingal dumping them out as they return to Morton.

Waterford might be able to pull of a shock against Pat's but I see them coming out on top....just.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

ANTIFA! wrote: »

Waterford might be able to pull of a shock against Pat's but I see them coming out on top....just.

Hopefully Waterford do get through, wear them out a bit more for the title run-in and it would probably mean our match down in Waterford would be moved from this Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Hopefully Waterford do get through, wear them out a bit more for the title run-in and it would probably mean our match down in Waterford would be moved from this Tuesday.

Thinking the same about Bray and Sligo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It'll only be moved if it's a draw tomorrow night.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'll take any win at all for Bohs. A scrappy 1-0 win from an unfair penalty the bounces off the post and in off the arse of the keeper, as long as it gets us back to winning ways.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

SantryRed wrote: »
    It'll only be moved if it's a draw tomorrow night.

Mis-wrote that, meant to add the draw part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I'm heading to the Waterford game tomorrow night, if i'm in the humour when I get home, i'll throw up a review of the match if anyone's interested.

I'm heading to the Waterford game tomorrow night, if i'm in the humour when I get home, i'll throw up a review of the match if anyone's interested.

Yes please. Monaghan should have beat pats twice so i'd be surprised if you didn't at least give them a bit of a scare. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

woeful first half performance, if any of our great boards.ie soccer forum members who unfortuntalely were unable to attend a live match this evening due to whatever reason watched this on tg4 they wouldn't have switched over for a 2nd half and i wouldn't blame them. second half we improved greatly and do not know how we didn't score a few goals, the sligo keeper brush was like a superhuman and peers was very good as well.

sligo had one nice little bit of play in second half when boco playing right back(was it boco?) made a great attacking run and just pulled his shot wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

when do u ever get a good eircom league game? its as bad as d spl :D cant stand it

but1er wrote: »
    when do u ever get a good eircom league game? its as bad as d spl :D cant stand it

what would you know about 'good football'!!!! if it was a person from barcelona who goes to the camp nou every week said that to me i might call him a tosser but i'd have to say fair enough but you probably don't even know what a live football match looks like let alone be able to judge the quality of it.

• Advertisement

forget to end that my opion dont start crying with all ur facts just saying

and what football team do you support? i take it you don't support ireland national team either and perhaps instead follow england because we're crap and they have world class players?

ok so were going there, ive been to plenty of match in this league i just cant stand it get very bored and not entertain. i support coventry in the championship all my life and only 17 you will reply going on about how muck coventry are.......

but1er, why are you asking that? If you have a point to make then start a new thread otherwise, GTFO:p

ANTIFA!, don't indulge this troll please.

From what I caught on the tv, Bohs looked far the better side. Huffed and puffed but no killer punch. Will be a tough time for them in Sligo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

but1er wrote: »

When Pats are playing its hilarity factor is awesome.

Seriously learn to use your keyboard its not a phone it has buttons for each letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

Friday:
    Live: TG4
    Bohs vs Sligo-2-1 Bohs

Saturday:
    Longford Town vs Bray Wanderers- 0-1
    Waterford United vs St.Pat's-Pat's 2-1

As a Bohs fan I'd love to beat Rovers in the final at Tallaght but I can see Fingal dumping them out as they return to Morton.

Bohs are playin ****e lately, must be due to the moral being very low in the club with the financial situation they are currently in and the threat of relegation looming, the players dont even know where their next pay cheque is coming from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭horsebokks

Danny,Waterford will be the team wearing blue:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Saturday:

Not a bad result for Fingal. They should have won really. But, I think Rovers were a little stunned in the 2nd half.

Looks like there will be a few replays this week now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Brutal second-half display from Rovers. Fungal were well worth the draw, even more, in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

All replays...jees that's just great. Doesn't anybody want to win this thing?

I hope to God we beat Longford on Tuesday, it'd be pretty pathetic if we don't.

• Advertisement

Odds on 4 draws was 18 to 1 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Odds on 4 draws was 18 to 1 :eek:

are you sure?

That seems extremly skinny to me

Should have been closer to 118/1

Draw in the bohs game should have been at least 3/1ish for a start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

stovelid wrote: »
    Brutal second-half display from Rovers. Fungal were well worth the draw, even more, in the end.

What about that conan strike that hit the outside of the net. We thought it was 3-2:o.

What about that conan strike that hit the outside of the net. We thought it was 3-2:o.

A lot of people (both stands) thought it was in. So did I initially, and I was only a few feet away. He also ripped the net with his shot, which took a while to repair.

All these replays are a nice revenue generator, but make the schedule very tight.

You all did. The cheer must have lasted a few seconds.

Have to admit: thought it was a nice touch (seriously) when you sung Who are you? (that is what I heard?) at an away support three times the size of the home support.

Made me laugh anyway.

so the franchise were unlucky? was out so missed the match last night, any where i could see highlights/goals?

so the franchise were unlucky? was out so missed the match last night, any where i could see highlights/goals?

Very unlucky.

The game can be seen on the TG4 website.

thanks, great pass by chisolm for bakers goal and his goal...cracker!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

we were playing last night , not in the cup but didnt wanna start a new thread. Great result for us . WHat i will say i never seen a team come to oriel park and play such a negative brand of football like cork

• Advertisement

What was the attendence? From what I saw of the last 10 mins it didn't look as big as when Shels play there unless Fungus had a big home crowd.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DU.LLAHAN

elshambo wrote: »
    are you sure?

That seems extremly skinny to me

Should have been closer to 118/1

Draw in the bohs game should have been at least 3/1ish for a start

Draw in the sligo rovers bohs game 13/2

What was the attendence? From what I saw of the last 10 mins it didn't look as big as when Shels play there unless Fungus had a big home crowd.:pac:

They said 1600 plus.

From the terrace, it looked like about 400 of that was Fingal.

You all did. The cheer must have lasted a few seconds.

Have to admit: thought it was a nice touch (seriously) when you sung Who are you? (that is what I heard?) at an away support three times the size of the home support.

Made me laugh anyway.

Done with a bit of tongue n cheek to be honest.

Done with a bit of tongue n cheek to be honest.

Aye, wasn't poking fun. I thought it was funny.

They said 1600 plus.

From the terrace, it looked like about 400 of that was Fingal.

I have a funny feeling that 1,600 was not correct.

Yous had a lot more than shels had when we last played them and that crowd was around the 1,400. With about 7 to 750 shels (I know shels lads are going to jump in saying thats not true, but it is the truth) Hey Gavin;).

Our crowd was around the 650 mark for the cup game. I was a little disapointed with that to be honest. I think the all ticket thingy back fired a little. I also think we let people into our area who paid on the night. Which is why the official crowd is actually down on what I thought it actually was. Just my honest opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

1200 on the Rovers terrace and 400 in the Fingal stand. That was more or less the official count. It looked like about 500 in the stand, so perhaps Fingal were trying to cheat us out of a few bob. My estimation of the crowd was 1700.

1200 on the Rovers terrace and 400 in the Fingal stand. That was more or less the official count. It looked like about 500 in the stand, so perhaps Fingal were trying to cheat us out of a few bob. My estimation of the crowd was 1700.

Id say we didnt mention the people who came in for cash instead of tickets alright. Which is not on in fairness. Iv seen our stand a lot over the last year and a half and there was definitely more than 400 or 500 but lets not argue over a few fans. Is there an official count of how many tickets Shamrock Rovers sold.

Yous had a lot more than shels had when we last played them and that crowd was around the 1,400. With about 7 to 750 shels (I know shels lads are going to jump in saying thats not true, but it is the truth) Hey Gavin;).

Go ask my swiss on your 650 - 700 attendence against us.:D Don't forget Lamper, yous count 4 people when buying a Family Ticket even if it's only 2 people buying one.;)

but lets not argue over a few fans.

Bring it over to foot.ie attendences thread, they'd jizz themselves at the thought of antoher arguement over attendences.:D

Bring it over to foot.ie attendences thread, they'd jizz themselves at the thought of antoher arguement over attendences.:D

:)

The phrase two sad, bitter, bald men fighting over a comb springs to mind when you think about fool.ie

Only in the League of Ireland would supporters of clubs with attedances ranging from a few hundred to 2,000 spend all their time obsessively arguing about whether their rivals have sold more than 3,000 seats or not.

• Advertisement

Go ask my swiss on your 650 - 700 attendence against us.:D Don't forget Lamper, yous count 4 people when buying a Family Ticket even if it's only 2 people buying one.;)

We dont actually. Its clickers, its clickers its clickeeeeeeeeeeers. See what you have done. God dammit:D

We dont actually. Its clickers, its clickers its clickeeeeeeeeeeers. See what you have done. God dammit:D

According to a Shels fan you do, and he'd be somewhat an official of Shels.;) BTW I've never seen anyone with clickers going into your ground and I've been there everytime we've played up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The phrase two sad, bitter, bald men fighting over a comb springs to mind when you think about fool.ie

Less of the baldism please.
    :mad:

Des wrote: »
    Less of the baldism please.
    :mad:

...more of the beardism!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Sligo are going to be deserving winners if they go on and win.

Cork, Derry and Bohs have fallen at the Showgrounds so far.

If Shamrock Rovers fail to get through its theirs for the taking.

Fingal have gone 2-1 up on Shamrock Rovers 7 mins left in extra time.

Hold the back page.....Pen to Rovers last minute of inj. time in extra time.

And Bradley misses....:eek:

Sligo
    Fingal
    Waterford
    Bray

in the semi's

fair play waterford :(

Tbh Kenna should relegate us just for the crack.

Pats team are just a disgrace to their club and fans.

How many wakeup calls does a team need?

Sluggish agasint Monoghan. lucky to get a draw at the weekend and then they still manage to show another inept performance.

Glen Fitz should just retire. He had it for a while a few years ago but its gone now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement