Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup Quarter Finals

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

ANTIFA! wrote: »
    Friday:
    Live: TG4
    Bohs vs Sligo-2-1 Bohs

As a Bohs fan I'd love to beat Rovers in the final at Tallaght but I can see Fingal dumping them out as they return to Morton.

:D:D:D:D:D
    OOH the Irish Man U, such modesty:rolleyes:

Have wan of these

:D
    Sligo are going to be deserving winners if they go on and win.

Cork, Derry and Bohs have fallen at the Showgrounds so far.

If Shamrock Rovers fail to get through its theirs for the taking.

GO AWAY YA HEX:rolleyes:
    Do you not understand us at all, course we will lose, and it will be a glorious failure:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

dreamers75 wrote: »
    fair play waterford :(

Tbh Kenna should relegate us just for the crack.

49 years now?:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Bray have a chance! Hope its on at a barstool near me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

G'wan Waterford! Final of the League Cup, semi's of the FAI Cup and still in contention for promotion. Henderson's done a fantastic job given what he inherited at the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Waterford and Fingal with at least one extra game now, hopefully going to start taking its toll.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

According to a Shels fan you do, and he'd be somewhat an official of Shels.;) BTW I've never seen anyone with clickers going into your ground and I've been there everytime we've played up there.

Shocking. I dont believe it. Do you mean the people with clickers where not holding them aloft and shouting these are the clickers when you walked by. I will look into this immediately. Dont worry Gav im on the case:p

PS

I think we won some silly little game tonight. Cant quite remember what it was. Im sure it will come back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Waterford and Fingal with at least one extra game now, hopefully going to start taking its toll.:cool:

Extra time and extra games may take their toll, but at the same time, Fingal now have every chance of actually winning the cup. They played well and were constructive. Rovers were poor, to say the least, and didn't deserve to win.

This is going to be an interesting cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

Wouldn't be too worried from wat I saw tonight, about Fingal, they were very lucky against a poor well under strenght rover's who would have hammered them in tallaght if they had a full strenght squad to choose from, don't think they'll be much of a threat to shels league hopes

Fingal's pen never a pen...Rover's pen in last minute never a pen either, anyway they scored ... we missed.......

Lesson learned... LEARN HOW TO TAKE FRIGGIN PENALTIES ROVER'S

6 PENS INTO THE SAME GOAL THIS SEASON AND MISSED THEM ALL BUT ONE ... who took that one ??? GARY TWIGG, where was he tonight O'Neill ?

The Al Lad wrote: »
    Wouldn't be too worried from wat I saw tonight, about Fingal, they were very lucky against a poor well under strenght rover's who would have hammered them in tallaght if they had a full strenght squad to choose from, don't think they'll be much of a threat to shels league hopes

Fingal's pen never a pen...Rover's pen in last minute never a pen either, anyway they scored ... we missed.......

Lesson learned... LEARN HOW TO TAKE FRIGGIN PENALTIES ROVER'S

6 PENS INTO THE SAME GOAL THIS SEASON AND MISSED THEM ALL BUT ONE ... who took that one ??? GARY TWIGG, where was he tonight O'Neill ?

But didnt:p bye bye now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Congratulations, fair cop..thought it was an awful game settled by three penalties and one team who had Alan Kirby playing against Rovers..

Rovers can't complain, 0-2 up, at home, given two penalties...no excuses. Even had the last penalty went in I wouldn't back Rovers at penalties in Tallaght :(

Absolutely no consolation that Bohs are out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kirby oh how we miss you , Paisley, Frost and O Neill :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

FAI must be dlighted at the possibilty of a final with Fingal in it. At least it will give the pitch in Tallaght a rest if it's moved to the corpo pitches in Pearse Park. :)

Seriously though: utterly guuted but no complaints about last night. If you can't accept the boon of two penos with any kind of certainty....

Grudging praise to Fungal. They looked very good and played good football. They looked another level to UCD. Maybe just the cup-tie. Haven't seen them this season before the last two games.

Hopefully a wake-up call for our squad, who I think, deep-down, don't currently have the experience or nerve to do it this season. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

SantryRed wrote: »
    49 years now?:p
    :D lulz
    I think we won some silly little game tonight. Cant quite remember what it was. Im sure it will come back to me.

Were you at the match?

Des wrote: »
    Were you at the match?

I was. :D

Liam Buckley was a happy man in the end.

3925011399_421da06124_m.jpg

It should make for some interesting semi-finals now.

I didn't think either of the Rovers penalties were valid, but then again, I didn't have the best view.

Here's the tackle on Doyle which the ref gave the penalty for. The defender wasn't near the ball.

Click on the image for a larger size.
    3925128465_022ba5169e_m.jpg

I'm only now going through the photos taken at the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Must be the weakest looking semi finals in many years

The fungals all insisted on congregating in the away section too. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I think they had more players and coaches than fans last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

When's the draw for the semis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

We snuck through last night. Longford did really well in the second half and they had dozens of chances to get back into the tie. If they'd scored any earlier, it would have been really uncomfortable for us.

Besides that, I'm delighted to be into te semis. Sligo will be favourites as I think they've underperformed in the league this year but Fingal and Waterford will both be tough ones. I actually think we'll be least favourites. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

stovelid wrote: »
    The fungals all insisted on congregating in the away section too. :pac:
    I think they had more players and coaches than fans last night.

Anymore than 30?

Anymore than 30?

Between 50-100?

Somebody else can confirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yawn.

Who cares. We've been there. They go there every day on fool.ie

Old news.

Fingal have shít crowds.

Move on.

Des wrote: »
    Yawn.

Who cares. We've been there. They go there every day on fool.ie

Old news.

Fingal have shít crowds.

Move on.

We'll not mention crowds again if you don't give us detention this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

But didnt:p bye bye now

Ah sure enjoy it while it lasts...

oh btw, Boots have 3 for 2 on tampons just in case you get a nose bleed from being in a semi final and the top 3 in the table :p

Fungal are probably the weakest team left in the competition IMO and won't win it, they won't get promoted either but still a successful season for a club like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Just want to congratulate the blues on a superb performance last night hopefully it will get more supporters behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Congratulations to the four winners. Keeps the compettion open.
    Especially a brilliant win by Sporting Fingal. Good luck in the semis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

what a terrible few weeks to be a bohs fan.

ANTIFA! wrote: »
    what a terrible few weeks to be a bohs fan.

There there..

Ah sure enjoy it while it lasts...

oh btw, Boots have 3 for 2 on tampons just in case you get a nose bleed from being in a semi final and the top 3 in the table :p

Fungal are probably the weakest team left in the competition IMO and won't win it, they won't get promoted either but still a successful season for a club like that

;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement