Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy from Communist Party of Ireland on Vincent Browne. WTF?

Options
  • 10-09-2009 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Watching Vincent Browne tonight and a guy from the Communist Party of Ireland is on.
    WTF, i didn't even know there was such a thing.

Just wondering why he was on.
    VB seemed to be getting some crack out of it anyway.

But is there an increased sympathy to communist ideas now.
    :p

Just a curiosity.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Yes comrade. The commies will soon be running the country, then it'll be off to the gulag with the likes of you. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

He had Richard Green on from Coir on a while back. Might as well give the left extremists a shot at it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

because lenny, clowen and co are to scared to go on and get a good bollocking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

no vb just finds it amusing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

brown said himself he wants more diverse people on. i thought he was good personally, brought a different view to the show as opposed to the normal one sided arguments you get form the media (and most of the panel). nothing wrong with having varying opinions imo.

eg: last night brown asks about the public sector pay, the indo guy say oh yeah they get too much, then the small firms rep says oh yeah they get too much. great debate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

tech77 wrote: »
    Hi.
    Watching Vincent Browne tonight and a guy from the Communist Party of Ireland is on.
    WTF, i didn't even know there was such a thing.

Just wondering why he was on.
    VB seemed to be getting some crack out of it anyway.

But is there an increased sympathy to communist ideas now.
    :p

Just a curiosity.

proof if ever any was needed that our media is overwhelmingly left wing , giving a platform to someone who,s views represent less than a tenth of one % of the population , still , at least the mc cartan guy is a likeable enough man , the odious ciaran allen was on with vincent ( why cant we all earn the same ) browne as few months back and though the man has never been elected to any kind of office , made an on air call to bolshevism from the irish people

bigstar wrote: »
    brown said himself he wants more diverse people on. i thought he was good personally, brought a different view to the show as opposed to the normal one sided arguments you get form the media (and most of the panel). nothing wrong with having varying opinions imo.

eg: last night brown asks about the public sector pay, the indo guy say oh yeah they get too much, then the small firms rep says oh yeah they get too much. great debate.

alan ruddock answered the question perfectly when asked by browne whether the sunday indo was in favour of pay cuts in the ps ruddock answered , most people outside the public sector would like to see cuts in wages to the public sector

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

http://www.communistpartyofireland.ie/

i like the new flag :D

CPI.png

oh and they are also against Lisbon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Well when you have idiots like Joe Higgins getting a job in Europe I suppose anything is possable.

Any time I hear him drone on about his conspiracy theories on the radio or the TV I have to switch over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Firefox10 wrote: »
    Any time I hear him drone on about his conspiracy theories on the radio or the TV I have to switch over.

I've no allegiance whatsoever to Joe Higgins or his party, but I'd sooner listen to him any day than to listen to Bertie Ahern or John O' Donoghue (or Liam Lawlor and Charles Haughey before them), knowing that they were only ever in it firstly for what they could get out of it themselves.

• Advertisement

eigrod wrote: »
    I've no allegiance whatsoever to Joe Higgins or his party, but I'd sooner listen to him any day than to listen to Bertie Ahern or John O' Donoghue (or Liam Lawlor and Charles Haughey before them), knowing that they were only ever in it firstly for what they could get out of it themselves.

and communists are above corruption

righhhhtt....

points at cuba and north korean "elite"s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Well when you have idiots like Joe Higgins getting a job in Europe I suppose anything is possable.

Just because you do not agree with his political philosophy, does not make him an idiot. He is an intelligent man, who has worked hard on behalf of the working class - and that is why he was elected with 82,000+ votes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Also interesting, the Communist Party's website (although slightly 1980's) - is the only website for any Irish political party that's in Irish & English.

eoghan harris for once got it right , joe higgins is the most boring man in ireland

dlofnep wrote: »
    Just because you do not agree with his political philosophy, does not make him an idiot. He is an intelligent man, who has worked hard on behalf of the working class - and that is why he was elected with 82,000+ votes.

he sure did get elected and fairplay for that! thats one better than Declan Ganley

and he also may or may not be intelligent, not that matters anyhow

but he surely is smart enough to peddle his own lies

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055677394

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

irish_bob wrote: »
    eoghan harris for once got it right , joe higgins is the most boring man in ireland

Harris getting something right? That will never happen.
    There is alot of things you can say about Higgins but boring isnt one of them.

Fair play to VB for having a Commie on the show,something different. Better than the usual suspects Norris, Dunphy, Neil, O'Toole etc.
    The same sorry faces do the rounds on all the current affair shows. They are the same blend faces from the 80's.

Dob74 wrote: »
    Harris getting something right? That will never happen.
    There is alot of things you can say about Higgins but boring isnt one of them.

Fair play to VB for having a Commie on the show,something different. Better than the usual suspects Norris, Dunphy, Neil, O'Toole etc.
    The same sorry faces do the rounds on all the current affair shows. They are the same blend faces from the 80's.

why not have a panel beater on the panel , he or she would have more in common with the rest of the population , what purpose did it serve having him , he was on before so the novelty is gone , its not like hes a particulary interesting charechter , seems like a thoroughly nice man , politics aside but i saw nothing that would make me want to see him on again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

irish_bob wrote: »
    why not have a panel beater on the panel , he or she would have more in common with the rest of the population , what purpose did it serve having him , he was on before so the novelty is gone , its not like hes a particulary interesting charechter , seems like a thoroughly nice man , politics aside but i saw nothing that would make me want to see him on again

A panel beater would be better than the incompetent economists that are constantly being thrown out there by the banks and different business interests.
    Although some have gone to ground since the property collaspe.( Dan Mac springs to mind)
    A different point of view is needed, rather than the neo-liberal everything would be great is people stopped talking down the economy point of view.
    So its time to bring out the commie's, religous types, etc

Advertisement