Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sniper School

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

ok first of all let me say sorry for not getting on to this earlier. i am one of the persons that will be running the airsoft sniper school. the idea behind this is to try and make airsoft more fun for those who use sniper airsoft rifles. i have over the last year seen many persons going into shops and buying sniper rifles then going to a site and not enjoying the game as many of the games are not based around snipers, and for this reason many don't come back to play.
    so the aim of the school or club is to get persons interested in sniping and to bring there experence and to teach it to other persons who may be just beginning to play or have played for a long time.
    we are hoping to create games that challange snipers, and to teach the basics of hiding and moving and working in with a team.
    nothing has yet been set and the purpose of this tread is to find out if there is any interest in the idea. as i say earlier i will be running the classes but that does'nt make think that i know everything about sniping as i want this to run as a teacher/leaner envoiriment, so that everybody has there say. you can not teach military sniping as this would breach the current laws of the land. i just want to make the game more fun for those of us who wish to snipe. i hope this helps to clear things up.
    ah your a contractor? why didnt u say so earlier, best of luck with your school........ oh we have a sniper that has yet to be beaten :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

yeah he's a contractor :P but its a joint venture as in everyone involved has agreed that theres not going to be any politics between teams and its not going to be biased in any way shape or form

andy_g wrote: »
    yeah he's a contractor :P but its a joint venture as in everyone involved has agreed that theres not going to be any politics between teams and its not going to be biased in any way shape or form
    Best way to have it, the politics r the root of all evil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

Stone.cold wrote: »
    the root of all evil

thought that was you :D
    best of luck with this

David

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

any word when this may be up and running?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭Sperminator

thermo wrote: »

we are hoping to get started towards the end of this month. we just have to work out days and times that are suitable for all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

ah your a contractor? why didnt u say so earlier, best of luck with your school........ oh we have a sniper that has yet to be beaten :D

I shot him last time we were there :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

people that know me dont like me, d

i like you th_big-cheesy-grin.jpg

didnt think ya would be into sniping laurence but as spermy said when we have definate numbers times and days sorted ill give ya a call and all info will be here too. Andy

• Advertisement

didnt think ya would be into sniping laurence but as spermy said when we have definate numbers times and days sorted ill give ya a call and all info will be here too. Andy

do you not thimk im sneaky enough??
    am curious was all thought my bro might be interested, he thinks my training methods are mad,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I shot him last time we were there :p

he gives everyone 1, its called ....... a false sense of security thats it :D

moggser wrote: »
    i like you th_big-cheesy-grin.jpg

Mogs you the man :)

do you not thimk im sneaky enough??
    am curious was all thought my bro might be interested, he thinks my training methods are mad,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

but your methods are a little mad but madness sometimes works :P

sure give us a shout when your up and running,,,,,,,
    ps are you doing weekend days too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rickrolla

hey im looking to be a sniper, im buying a sniper rifle and would love to learn all the tricks of the trade,:D
    when are you guys enrolling?

rickrolla wrote: »
    hey im looking to be a sniper, im buying a sniper rifle and would love to learn all the tricks of the trade,:D
    when are you guys enrolling?

as i said earlier we hope to set up by the end of the month. i am hoping to set up a web page for enrollment or just look out for when we start and come along

• Advertisement

as i said earlier we hope to set up by the end of the month. i am hoping to set up a web page for enrollment or just look out for when we start and come along

as spermy has said nearer the end of the month. have to talk with him during the week to finalise our days and times. but watch this space for updates and we will keep you all informed.

Andy :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

iceage wrote: »
    Hmmm, could rake this over and over really, its a case of read the OP's posts isn't it. Anyway, Trevor lets bury this hachet shall we...I've met you.

Mike offers a handshake.

So.....still waiting.

iceage wrote: »
    So.....still waiting.
    You'll be left waiting ice u may have a short memory i dont

You'll be left waiting ice u may have a short memory i dont

info out this week. and on that note back on topic woohoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Your decision Stone.cold, It can't be said I didn't offer.

Agreed Andy G back on topic.

• Advertisement

ok guys heres an update for ya you can contact myself and sperminator here on boards via pm or ya can now do it via email.

airsoftsniperclub@gmail.com

Andy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

sounds good count me in as to when it starts
    ok guys heres an update for ya you can contact myself and sperminator here on boards via pm or ya can now do it via email.

airsoftsniperclub@gmail.com

Andy

Im a bit confused here really, are you joining up to this like everyone else andy, or are ya running it?

Just a few Q's if ya don't mind,
    whens it due to get up and running?
    Is this going to be weekday/weekend evening? bright/dark etc etc.,
    What have ya got in mind for the training roster? ie, what to bring and what to expect.,
    how many of ya are there and do ya have an expected turnout figure?

thats pretty much it. :)

Masada wrote: »
    Just a few Q's if ya don't mind,
    whens it due to get up and running?
    Is this going to be weekday/weekend evening? bright/dark etc etc.,
    What have ya got in mind for the training roster? ie, what to bring and what to expect.,
    how many of ya are there and do ya have an expected turnout figure?

thats pretty much it. :)

hopefully by the end of the month, there are a few things we still need to sort which includes the training rosta
    most likely to be a weekday evening so in the dusk. most likely to be every second wednesday (not comfirmed yet) so as not to interfere with the milsim
    any form of aeg too within reason (no SAWs LOL), pistol and yourself
    there seems to be a lot of interest both on the ground and on this site, but as to how many will turn up is impossible to say.

hope that answers you questions
    Spermy

ok just got the web page up and running so heres the address

http://airsoftsniperclub.webs.com/

don't mind the spelling mistakes i'll try to fix them later :D

ya got to it before me spermy ok as ya can see website is now live thanks to spermy also email is live as of this afternoon. And richie to answer the question for ya yes im involved.

Email: airsoftsniperclub@gmail.com

. Andy

ok guys places starting to fill up fast so if you ar still interested say it here and by the website. Andy g

hi andy you doing anything with this on sat??

hi andy you doing anything with this on sat??

hey laurence iwe'll have info for everyone on the weekend. also we have ran some test training and new games tonight we should have all training and games up and running by thursday two weeks 1st of oct. also guys places filling up fast please get enrolled now as places will be limited soon.

Andy

ok guys as i mentioned we had a test game and training last night would like to say a big thanks to Eric from the ghosts (hawkeye) and ayrton.

any game we run must teach you something, last nights thought sniping, stealth, countersniping and working in the dark. great fun lads.

so it looks like we will be starting the club in 2 weeks time on thursday 1st October at 6pm - 9pm

Andy G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 irishdude007

Hi Guys,Im new to airsoft and in the process of getting all my gear at the moment. Andy G, i came across your website and find it great that all the training you need to be a good sniper is a great idea and i have registered on your site so i can read the forums.. i hope when im ready i can join in and have fun and play with you guys. As i said i am new to airsoft and have no experience in the field. :):)

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,Im new to airsoft and in the process of getting all my gear at the moment. Andy G, i came across your website and find it great that all the training you need to be a good sniper is a great idea and i have registered on your site so i can read the forums.. i hope when im ready i can join in and have fun and play with you guys. As i said i am new to airsoft and have no experience in the field. :):)

thanks dude but if you want to come along to the training just drop by, you wont need to much stuff at the moment and it you need something i'm sure me or andy g can loan it to you

Thanks sperminator... well i have my g36c and i got a glock23f pistol this morning..also have a panter 20" free float heavy barrel sniper rifle.. ye that sounds great.Thanks for getting back to me. sorry for the late reply was out for awhile.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Any from the Lucan area going to this?
    I can't go unless I can get a lift from someone :(

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Any from the Lucan area going to this?
    I can't go unless I can get a lift from someone :(

will try organise something for ya. Andy

will try organise something for ya. Andy

Thanks Andy!

Alright lads... What do you think about the new 50 cal M99 Sniper Rifle??
    Do you think its worth buying?? :)

Alright lads... What do you think about the new 50 cal M99 Sniper Rifle??
    Do you think its worth buying?? :)

You're going to be lugging around roughly 7.5 kg, I know being a sniper means staying put for long periods, but having to carry that much weight is really going to slow down a retreat or relocation.

i have to agree on some pints its a hefty piece to drag around although its sexy looking :P and scary looking but a sniper can be used for area denial,recon etc it could be used but i think a little heavy although i do want one:rolleyes:

Andy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Personally, (dont want to step on you guys toes) It depends largely on the job... I'll be using my m95 at Sweden next year... due to the fact its intimidating, 3j of 8mm fun will terrify anyone that dares to attack the nato compound... one benefit. However Andy is right... It weighs a ton, its a static weapon, and in the real world used for anti material roles. In airsoft, its all 6/8mm... and relatively pointless when the bar10 at 3kg can shoot the same as the m99 or m82/m95s...

How GOOD is it? quite good... its based on the aps2 system, which is sound and proven. Very upgradable, but as i said... for 328... its almost a pity to have to do that to a barret, and a bar10 will outshoot it at that power too...

If you want to use one later, learn with something light and managable... Even militery snipers dont start training with a .50... they do that after they learn the basics...

• Advertisement

Ye it looks scary and powerfull lads lol. yep firekitten i agree with you that there are other rifles out there that can do a great job. What a waste but again looks great. i always welcome your opinion as you know alot about airsoft rifles..:)

ok guys its fast approaching the test game thursday can anyone wishing to attend the test game please let myself or sperminator know here or via the sniper clubs website. Andy

hey all dont forget the test game tomorrow from 1900-2200.
    Andy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I wish I could make it, but I'll be heading to England tomorrow. I'll be back for next week though.

no worries dread see ya next week :) enjoy england bring me back something nice hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If you need a hand in maybe static targets or enemy forces sure drop me a line I could pop out maybe if youd like.

Having someone walk patrols and be basically cannon fodder.

Also I seem to have a nack at spotting snipers good or bad, and provide some pointers from the opposite spectrum, how a rifleman on point or in formation would look for you, the pitfalls and mistakes from snipers and the likes.

Shout if you need the hand.

(and that rare rare time i tried me hand at sniping i wasnt half bad)

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    If you need a hand in maybe static targets or enemy forces sure drop me a line I could pop out maybe if youd like.

Having someone walk patrols and be basically cannon fodder.

Also I seem to have a nack at spotting snipers good or bad, and provide some pointers from the opposite spectrum, how a rifleman on point or in formation would look for you, the pitfalls and mistakes from snipers and the likes.

Shout if you need the hand.

(and that rare rare time i tried me hand at sniping i wasnt half bad)

as we said earlier all are welcome. you don't have train as a sniper but i think you would make a good scout. thanks for the offer and if you want to drop by please will free to do so

thank DOC
    spermy:D

thanks doc :)

oh guys heads up myself and spermy are running 30mins late tonight and shall be on site from half seven at hrta see you all then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 tmason

unfortunately i'm working late shift these weeks... :(

tmason wrote: »
    unfortunately i'm working late shift these weeks... :(

when you get back to day shifts or shifts that suit your more than welcome to come along.

Andy :)

good games and turn out tonight official opening night next thursday gunna be a great turn out. Andy

• Advertisement
Advertisement