Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sniper School

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭Sperminator

hrta has kindly allowed us to use the top part of the lane for sniper training, where we can set up targets, this will be done on saturdays from 3pm till 5pm. prices and rules have still to be confirmed. i will let you all know when we are ready to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I'll have to start going on Saturdays's again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Is there many there on a saturday?

There's usually good numbers skirmishing on a Saturday, but as far as I know this will be the first time the Sniper Club will be operating on a Saturday, I'll be there though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

hey all just remember we will confirm price for ya this is just to cover the site owners cost also for someone that is going to be going for the regular saturday skirmish the site prices apply for those in the club in the club club price (cover the site expences will apply but a smaller price than skirmish price) the club will then be covering all the basics to the serious stuff you may choose to use for your sniping.

Andy.
    A.S.C

howdy all just want to let ya know we have updated our website

ok hoping to get the sniper club up and running again by saturday the 12th of dec this is due to the fact that i will not be availible for training next weekend as i am gaming in MAC with my team. we also have to block off part of the lane so that we do not interfere with other games going on there. i would also like to note to anyone that may only be attending the ASC on saturdays, you will be charged €5 for the use of the area, but unless otherwise told you cannot take part in any of the games going on in the rest of the field. as we are using the top part of the lane (near the safe zone) this should provide use with a good shooting range and pactice area.

ok guys reminder that our meeting has started and to take part all of our details have been placed on our webpage and sent to ya via email come along and see whats going on in the club and add your ideas.

Andy
    A.S.C

ok all just to keep ya updated we are opening back up this saturday the 12th of december from 1500-1700 in HRTA cost five euro to attend the club.the club will be using the top part of the lane closest to the car park and will not interfere with the days gaming all information is at our website. http://airsoftsniperclub.webs.com/

and you can contact us via email at airsoftsniperclub@gmail.com

see you all then. Andy G, Andy K and Andy P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I'll see you all this afternoon.

dont forget guys we are back we're better than before and open to everyone.

every saturday 1500-1700 see ya all next week

There will be no Sniper club over the next two saturdays (26th Dec & 2nd Jan)

just to let you know that the photos from the HRTA round up comp are on our website until friday 1st jan, after that they will be removed and the galleries made private again.
    Thank you

hey all meant to do this a week ago just been busy with work.

A.S.C will be back open on the 9th of jan from 1500-1700 hope to see ya all then. hope you all had a good christmas and happy new year.

Andy G
    A.S.C Board

I'll try make it up when the weather improves and when my M4 is finished.

• Advertisement

Just wanted to know if any teams, shops or sites wish to advertise on our site please contact us at airsoftsniperclub@gmail.com with your details and web link.

Remember at the club training days we do not allow team recruiting.

Thank you

training for tomorrow the 9th Jan has been cancelled due to the bad weather. i will let everyone know when we resume.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jesse shortall

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I might do it...
    could you please tell me if that sniper school is still on in HRTA:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

andy would you be able to email me the pics from the round up comp as im not able to download them, could just be my laptop.

hey jesse yeah we still run the club every saturday 1500-1700 keep an eye out here for the details of the next day as i dont have any of my info here as im not in the country im back next week spermy will fill this in for ya :)

• Advertisement

i don't know if there will be a training session this weekend (16th Jan) as i was in a crash this week. i am hoping to get there and bring people through the training but i won't know for sure until friday. so check back again or check the website

thermo wrote: »
    andy would you be able to email me the pics from the round up comp as im not able to download them, could just be my laptop.

i'll through them over to a cd for you and leave it at the HRTA so the next time your over you can get it. it's normally free but for you its a special offer of €200, i'll take cash please LOL :D

ok the sniper club will be reopened this coming saturday from 3pm-5pm. we will be following the new sniper training program which is availible to read in our forums. hope to see members there.

see you all tomorrow new people welcome

Sorry I couldn't make it out today. I was offered a days work and I can't really pass that up at the moment.

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Sorry I couldn't make it out today. I was offered a days work and I can't really pass that up at the moment.

that ok we just expect your head on a stick for next weeks target practise LOL

Sniper training will take place this weekend, saturday the 30th at 3pm-5pm

yes its that time of the week where i remind anyone interestes in the sniper club that training takes place tomorrow 6th Feb at 3pm @ the HRTA

Taken from Airsoft Sniper Club.

hi all, just to keep you all informed the sniper club will be restarting at the end of april. the sudden closesure is due to 2 reasons. as some of you may know, my eldest son was envolved in a car crash awhile ago and as you can guess this has become my top priority. he is recovering well and making more progress as each days passes. the other reason is between myself and hrta which may or may not be changing locations. but we will keep you informed as to what is happening.

a few things i want to arrange this summer are a few field trips to other locations around ireland, plus i want to set up the countries first sniper compition.

so i hope to see you all in the near future.

if you have any questions or ideas please feel free to post them here or PM myself or email us @ airsoftsniperclub@gmail.com

just an update for ya all lads. hope to see you all april.

Andy G
    Airsoft Sniper club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

>spam snip<

• Advertisement

>spam quote snip<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

andy_g wrote: »
    not a problem man i have the pics in my kit bag always for ya :P ill try get down for it really depends on work been really busy lately and ill stick a notice on the website to see if ia can get ya a few of us :) Andy

Thats great Andy, its a Saturday and the more there are the more there is to kill ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭cpt slippyfist

Hold on a minute.... i've been holding my tongue on this for months now, but i just can't have it anymore..... why are all you people even entertaining these bunch of armchair commandos?? Not one of the people running this so called "sniper school" are actual snipers; one of them actually (and falsely) claims that he is a pilot... so people, don't let them try fill your head with absolute trash that you could very easily learn yourself from some american lunatic on youtube or from a book, which, (and lets be honest) is more than likely where your so called "instructors" are getting it from
    KILLING "NOOBS" IN CALL OF DUTY DOES NOT ****ING QUALIFY YOU AS A SNIPING INSTRUCTOR!!!!!

*DISCLAIMER; This rant is ONLY aimed at those who are running this so called "school" in some kind of attempt to stroke their own egos, please, the rest of you, do not take any offence to what i have written, as it is not in any way aimed at you, i'm just sick of people trying to pass on dud information in the vain hope of making themselves seem like John ****ing Rambo (praise his name) *

i'm very likely going to get banned for this, but i just wanted to get that off my chest, bye bye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Well at least they're trying, which is more than you're doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hold on a minute.... i've been holding my tongue on this for months now, but i just can't have it anymore..... why are all you people even entertaining these bunch of armchair commandos?? Not one of the people running this so called "sniper school" are actual snipers; one of them actually (and falsely) claims that he is a pilot... so people, don't let them try fill your head with absolute trash that you could very easily learn yourself from some american lunatic on youtube or from a book, which, (and lets be honest) is more than likely where your so called "instructors" are getting it from
    KILLING "NOOBS" IN CALL OF DUTY DOES NOT ****ING QUALIFY YOU AS A SNIPING INSTRUCTOR!!!!!

*DISCLAIMER; This rant is ONLY aimed at those who are running this so called "school" in some kind of attempt to stroke their own egos, please, the rest of you, do not take any offence to what i have written, as it is not in any way aimed at you, i'm just sick of people trying to pass on dud information in the vain hope of making themselves seem like John ****ing Rambo (praise his name) *

i'm very likely going to get banned for this, but i just wanted to get that off my chest, bye bye

Wait a minute, you're freaking out about people being armchair commandos...in an airsoft forum? The mind boggles. There's a military forum over here for all your ultra realistic needs ->

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=659

Anyway, banned for personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

hello all. i was interested by that little rant by whats his name about the instructors at the club and was wondering what the feasibility of a sniper in airsoft is. i recently traded some kit for a sniper rifle a bit of a fixer upper but it added to my collection nicely. However. i fail to see how a sniper can truly be effective in a skirmish. i do not wish to be drawn into a heated debate so this is probably just me. i feel that no person i have come across on the skirmish field is that good at sniper tradecraft otherwise known as stalkng:D:D so as not to be seen heard or at least be spotted by someone who gets shot only to run back after respawning and riddle him. i much prefer the compitition side of thinks and if so i would defo enter as i feel this will at least demand some discipline and skill.
    i don't want to ramble, but in the case of the marine sniper school in Quantico Virginia they have stalks in which ten points are awarded for a perfect stalk. they must enter the *AO, stalk to within 100 yards o their target and take a shot without an instructor sitting on a high chair with a zoom lens looking for them actually seeing them then an instructor stands within four foot of them while they take a second shot blanks obviously and if the instructor still can't see the shooter then the instructor has to put a finger on the highest part of him and if the target instructor still can;t see him he passes. Now this shows skill. A competition like that for airsoft snipers would be worth a try.:D:D

sorry forgot to add my proper question. what are the credentials of the instructors. just asking as a potential customer

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭combat5

wounld you ever come up around galway as me and a friend wounld love to do something like that if you are in galway please let me know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

>spam snip<

I warned you.

You posted it again.

I warned you again.

You posted it again.

I banned you for a week.

You posted it again.

Now I am banning you for two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

SNAKEDOC wrote: »
    sorry forgot to add my proper question. what are the credentials of the instructors. just asking as a potential customer

'Customer'? I didn't know they charged money. Shouldn't they be in the retailers section, then?

gerrowadat wrote: »
    'Customer'? I didn't know they charged money. Shouldn't they be in the retailers section, then?

we dont charge money as its a non profit club. if ya read thru the thread.

basically as we have said from the start of the thread in which we got slated for our ideas and techniques used.

if you want to slate the club as in the past please dont post if its a genuine question ask away.

people that have attended the club have even said they have learnt alot from it and have improved on their skills from working in a sniper sqaud (groups of three) and as the lone sniper in reality not a great way to work as you should have a sniper scout with you to cover your back. in relation to (snipers dont work in airsoft) myself and the other member running the club sperminator (spermy) here off boards have proven their worth we have let players come within a few feet of us and pass not as been seen.
    wounld you ever come up around galway as me and a friend wounld love to do something like that if you are in galway please let me know

yes we hope to travel to more sites in the not so distant future i would say for and future trips (IE) MAC is our next trip away from dublin. I would suggest to register on our own website http://airsoftsniperclub.webs.com/

Hope this helps.
    Andy G

A.S.C
    Airsoft Sniper Club

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

In fairness though, you open yourself to it, as you advertise "Coach Certification" and "Coach Training", implying people are going to come out of your school with some sort of a useful qualification. People are naturally going to question your qualification if you are claiming to offer a certificate in something.

anyone here on boards can tag threads when we opened the thread we never tagged it unless one of the other members of the club has that i am unknown about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Not even the tags specifically, but you said further back that you are issuing qualifications/certs etc etc

Personally, I don't care either way, I'm just saying, you have to expect a certain amount of question when you seem to be offering training with no actual qualification to do so. thats how people are reading into it. :)

Masada wrote: »
    Not even the tags specifically, but you said further back that you are issuing qualifications/certs etc etc

Yeah, they are meant for fun....You know kinda what airsoft is supposed to be about.... I don't think anyone one is going to try and apply to the Navy Seals after getting these certs.

And I am open to correction on this but I believe training people in military tactics that aren't in the public domain is illegal.

• Advertisement

first off sorry i didn't know that you didn't charge thats great. second i wasn't slating you my post and subsequent question was genuine. i was just speaking my mind when i was talking about sniping not been feasible in airsoft. so i was obviously wrong. thats great too. i didn't read all the thread so sorry i am not aware of everything that everybody said. i kinda see where the guys were coming from though when they said that you were issuing instructor certs.you should try and make that clear when you say it is for fun as i am sure you are aware that not all people will think like you, there are people that read too much into things. people like that will think there is a trained instructor giving actual classes and we know now that isn't the case. so clarity can save a huge amount of agro:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AirsoftForAll

Hey Guys,

We had the pleasure to meet few of you last Saturday at the HRTA games! Was great to see you guys with your cool guns.

I have to say that some of you really impressed me ! They re definitely not blind when it's question of aiming ! :)

Hope to do that again soon :cool:

Hey Guys,

We had the pleasure to meet few of you last Saturday at the HRTA games! Was great to see you guys with your cool guns.

I have to say that some of you really impressed me ! They re definitely not blind when it's question of aiming ! :)

Hope to do that again soon :cool:

thanks mate.
    i hope to have that link up and working soon.

SNAKEDOC wrote: »
    first off sorry i didn't know that you didn't charge thats great. second i wasn't slating you my post and subsequent question was genuine. i was just speaking my mind when i was talking about sniping not been feasible in airsoft. so i was obviously wrong. thats great too. i didn't read all the thread so sorry i am not aware of everything that everybody said. i kinda see where the guys were coming from though when they said that you were issuing instructor certs.you should try and make that clear when you say it is for fun as i am sure you are aware that not all people will think like you, there are people that read too much into things. people like that will think there is a trained instructor giving actual classes and we know now that isn't the case. so clarity can save a huge amount of agro:D

its a fair enough question and i'm sorry that i have'nt been able to answer this over the last few months (due to family problems).i hope you find the following points helpful and not directed at youself snakedoc

1 this club issues a cert for fun, but you need to past a test first. all the instructors need to do this too.
    2 this is for people who want to be or are interested in airsoft sniping.
    3 all members have an input to what goes on at the club
    4 we are a club, this was something that i addressed some time ago and as you can see by our web address.
    5 yes there is a €5 charge for the use of the club, but we do not get a cent out of it. it goes directly to the land/site owner. if fact i'm personally out of pocket on this.
    6 if you are not interested in airsoft sniping then why oh why are people slating this? why are they going through this thred.
    7 some people with multiple usernames to boards some really change their IP addresses before logging in. they are easy to trace. you be surprised by the results i got.
    8 if someone has an issue with a member, please feel free to confront me personally, instead of using boards. you know where i am on a saturday.
    9 we can not use real military sniping tactics, reasons been that (1) it's illeagal and (2) most don't work when it comes to airsoft.
    10 how does anyone know what anybodies qualifications are? (papers and certs can be forged) have you personally known me for the last 39 years? chances are no.
    11 you can learn from books. howelse did you learn to read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭jesse shortall1

what kind of things do you do?tactics, any games?

• Advertisement
Advertisement