Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sniper School

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

hey jesse gunna qoute spermy from the early part of the thread.
    ok first of all let me say sorry for not getting on to this earlier. i am one of the persons that will be running the airsoft sniper school. the idea behind this is to try and make airsoft more fun for those who use sniper airsoft rifles. i have over the last year seen many persons going into shops and buying sniper rifles then going to a site and not enjoying the game as many of the games are not based around snipers, and for this reason many don't come back to play.
    so the aim of the school or club is to get persons interested in sniping and to bring there experence and to teach it to other persons who may be just beginning to play or have played for a long time.
    we are hoping to create games that challange snipers, and to teach the basics of hiding and moving and working in with a team.
    nothing has yet been set and the purpose of this tread is to find out if there is any interest in the idea. as i say earlier i will be running the classes but that does'nt make think that i know everything about sniping as i want this to run as a teacher/leaner envoiriment, so that everybody has there say. you can not teach military sniping as this would breach the current laws of the land. i just want to make the game more fun for those of us who wish to snipe. i hope this helps to clear things up.

as in games we are currently writing more games for snipers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭jesse shortall1

k thanks and it sounds interesting as i love sniping and was in the knew hrta site using the sniper with no scope:)ha that was fun,im sure me and 1 or 2 of my friends would be interested :D

come along see how ya get on and the most important thing is to enjoy it. the new range should be up in the next few weeks at the site. and also the top part of the site will be used for the club lots of nice litte spots for hides and the like to be set up

ha sounds good and my knew m700 should do the job:Ddo you play games as in finding eachother?

no we also hae the shooter competition to get certs and the likes. some of our game setup is based around how snipers can be used for milsim based games for intel gathering and recon type roles normally in a 2/3man squad s(sniper spotter roles)

Dont forget guys we're back the 8th of may at hrta 3.

For info take a look at the website or ask questions here.
    Looking forward to seeing you all then new comers welcome.

ill hopefully be up wit my m700:Di love sniping:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

ill hopefully be up wit my m700:Di love sniping:)

Yet i seem to remember you missing me all those times in Ambush even when i was letting you shoot me ;)

Hopefully get to you guys this Summer sounds great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Ok guys let me introduce ourselves we are Airsoft Sniper. We are a non profit small group setup to help new and existing players hone their sniper skills in many ways both as a lone sniper and as a sniper team consisting of sniper and two sniper scouts. We are based at H.R.T.A in Ballyboughal.
    We plan on teaching from the basics of camouflage,concealment,comms,hand signals for use with a sniper teams and much more. Before we give dates and days we need to see how many people would be interested. If this in the wrong area can the mods please move to the right area.

Kind Regards from all involved in Airsoft Sniper

Thats very nice of you biggles (andy)

Big Steve wrote: »
    Thats very nice of you biggles (andy)

hey gingey ya know that we aim to please :P when you getting your ass up to the new hrta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

andy_g wrote: »
    hey gingey ya know that we aim to please :P when you getting your ass up to the new hrta

Wrong person andrew

Big Steve wrote: »
    Wrong person andrew

its either liam or someone using your account

is it defo on the 8th? and what time does it start and finish?:D

is it defo on the 8th? and what time does it start and finish?:D

sperminator from here on boards will be running the club on the 8th as i cant get out of work. if we have to cancell the training it will be mentioned here.

Andy

would you know what time it would start and finish at?

would you know what time it would start and finish at?

normally starts at 1500 finishes at 1700 although we are in talks with the site owner to open midweek for us too

Here is a link to a series of videos of how to make fairly good ghillies in full step by step instructions.
    Thought it would be most appropriate to post it here, Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fchxuYczK_o

have to say great find silent :)

have to say great find silent :)

Your welcome Andy, its a really detailed vid. Hope you guys find some use for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

normally starts at 1500 finishes at 1700 although we are in talks with the site owner to open midweek for us too

oh midweek opening would be great. a long and tedious rebuild of my vsr puts me back in the sniping game...

would love to join in the fun......

oh midweek opening would be great. a long and tedious rebuild of my vsr puts me back in the sniping game...

would love to join in the fun......

keith ya know your always welcome to drop out. andy

when the next day of schoolage???

hey keith ill be up saturday and also myself and spermy will prob be up next wensday evening to continue setting up the range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Bemused

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get into the bolt action side of things, starting with a rifle that shoots reasonably precisely. I have a Well L96 which I have recently upgraded with a TK hop twist barrel, a PDI hop up chamber and a Prometheus rubber. I am having a couple of problems.

In the first place, if you are familiar with the adjustment screws on the PDI hop up, they are blocking the cylinder head as I try to increase hop for 0.25s before I reach maximum range in level flight. If I switch to 0.2s then I can get to that point of maximum level flight without blocking the cylinder head.

In the second place, I have no consistency - bb's shoot left, right and sometimes dead-on. This is with the rifle well braced and the sights vertical. Precision is worse than some of my AEGs.

I really want to get this working and so would really appreciate it if someone could take a look at my L96 and try to tune it to best performance. Preferably someone with experience with the PDI hop-up. I am in Galway but will be happy to travel if anyone can help me out.

Thanks.

Bemused wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm trying to get into the bolt action side of things, starting with a rifle that shoots reasonably precisely. I have a Well L96 which I have recently upgraded with a TK hop twist barrel, a PDI hop up chamber and a Prometheus rubber. I am having a couple of problems.
    Thanks.

Hi Bemused,

Not sure if this is in the right thread, i would have put it in the airsoft questions.........anyway...

My understanding of the TK twist barrel was you didnt need to use a hop up at all, of course the hop up unit would be installed as its part of the sniper rifle that hold s the barrel.

Im sure some one will correct me....

• Advertisement

Hey Flash,

I asked the question here because I figured I would hit upon people who use bolt action regularly and might have experience with my setup.

I know AirsoftEire note that the hop up should be off but other opinion differs e.g.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?action=printpage;topic=10954.0

I'll have more time to experiment with this later in the week - in the meantime I'm hoping to find someone with direct experience.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

always used mine with the hop on, the twist in the barrel is not like rifiling it is meant to allow air to basically cushion on the bb and keep it in the center as it travels down the barrel ( in normal barrel even a tight bore barrel the bb will bounce its way down the barrel as it where ) in theory the hop up on a device with a twist barrel should be more effective as the bb is not meant to touch the balls therefore no friction effecting the spin the hop imparts

but no one can agree on these things, personal had great results with stringers using hop on

got no benefit from having one in an aeg

but that is my personal experience

( this has been gone over before will try and dig the thread up )

hey andy , what time you guys head over to HRTA Ver3 for sniper school?

Thanks Puding,

What kind of hop up and bucking were you using? 0.2s or 0.25s? Looks like I've managed to source shorter grub screws for the PDI hop adjustment so maybe this will give me better luck.

Cheers

hey andy , what time you guys head over to HRTA Ver3 for sniper school?

Hey Keith we normally start at 1500-1700.

Sorry i couldnt get on to answer the question about your setup as im not 100% sure of them :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭Sperminator

Hi all,
    midweek training will start on the 26/5/10 from about 7pm. there will be no club this coming weekend, but get out a skermish anyway

@bemused i reckon you would be best putting you question to the airsoft techs.

Hi all,
    midweek training will start on the 26/5/10 from about 7pm.

see you then , but will you see me???? ;)

edit: Spermy i have requested access to the airsoftsniperclub website, could you please have one of your Mods grant access thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

Spermy i have requested access to the airsoftsniperclub website, could you please have one of your Mods grant access thanks
    Don't do it !!!!:D

whydave wrote: »
    Don't do it !!!!:D

why dave, why?

Good laugh last night guys.
    thanks to spermy and Andy , sorry forgotten the other snipers name but thanks to you too :D

HRTA has some interesting sniper spots and the low sun in the evening makes the village a haven of shadows....

Thanks again

Spermy going through his wifes handbag, found Mongos nail clippers....

[IMG][/img]spermy.jpg

Spermy going through his wifes handbag, found Mongos nail clippers....

[IMG][/img]spermy.jpg
    don't know which is more worrying mongos nail clippers or the amount of hand guns :eek::eek::eek:

Seen as HRTA was closed today a few of our lads from the Airsoft Sniper Club we shall be up at HRTA tomorrow afternoon. Andy

do i dare presume that today has been canceled?

well im no fair weather gamer, but my god im lazy......

see you all at hrta tomorrow

• Advertisement

good games last night, see u all saturday

Advertisement