Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Prices on the Luas

• 11-09-2009 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

First question do you need an actualy Student Travel Card or can you just use your Student ID? And second off is there any further Student reductions on the Luas if you have one of those cards? And what are Flexi-Tickets?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

First question do you need an actualy Student Travel Card or can you just use your Student ID? And second off is there any further Student reductions on the Luas if you have one of those cards? And what are Flexi-Tickets?

Thanks in advance.

You do need the Travel Card, I've seen people get their month tickets taken off them for not having it. If you open or change over to an AIB student account you get a voucher for a free one if you really don't want to pay for it.

I think you need to buy tickets in advance to get a student rate. As in you don't just get a student rate at the machine at the stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chachabinx

I played dumb for about a year & got away with it... actually forgot my ticket one day & had to send a photocopy of my monthy student ticket in without a travel card & they didn't fine me still!
    I think it was only said to me 2-3 times that year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

fonpokno wrote: »
    You do need the Travel Card, I've seen people get their month tickets taken off them for not having it. If you open or change over to an AIB student account you get a voucher for a free one if you really don't want to pay for it.

I think you need to buy tickets in advance to get a student rate. As in you don't just get a student rate at the machine at the stop.

Already have an AIB account.:( Don't mind paying just going to be hassle getting one, especially when I need it today to buy a luas ticket, was hoping I'd get away with my student card until I get a chance to sort out a travel card.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Already have an AIB account.:( Don't mind paying just going to be hassle getting one, especially when I need it today to buy a luas ticket, was hoping I'd get away with my student card until I get a chance to sort out a travel card.:mad:

By the time AIB realise that they'll already have given you a free travelcard. Go for it anyway. Get the college to stamp it and there are several places in the city centre who'll give you a travelcard on the spot, literally 2 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Calaska

fonpokno wrote: »

I bought my 30 day student flexi-ticket at the stop today. :)

What does Night Luas count as? Says these student luas tickets aren't valid at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What does Night Luas count as? Says these student luas tickets aren't valid at night.

Special services. Christmas period has been the only time they've run them to date, I believe

MYOB wrote: »
    Special services. Christmas period has been the only time they've run them to date, I believe

Ye it's not very clear at all and I can't find any idea on the internt. Aw well if I'm stopped with it and they have a problem I'm sure we can sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ye it's not very clear at all and I can't find any idea on the internt.

You didn't try very hard ;)
    Night Luas tickets €4 from ticket machines or €3.80 using Luas SmartCard; no other tickets valid.
    Bad news! Your pre-paid student ticket ain't valid

http://www.luas.ie/news.php
    NIGHT LUAS 2009

Luas Red Line - The Point to Tallaght until 3.00am
    Luas Green Line - St. Stephen’s Green to Sandyford until 3.30am
    • Friday 18th December
    • Saturday 19th December
    • Tuesday 22nd December
    • Wednesday 23rd December
    • Thursday 31st December

Christmas Timetable

normally it's Victor who posts this info

• Advertisement

Cheer mike, should be fine. Thought it meant like every Luas after like 8pm everyday. Finished college on the 18th so won't have a pre-paid card.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Thought it meant like every Luas after like 8pm everyday.

Nah, only the special service after 00:30
    Finished college on the 18th so won't have a pre-paid card.:D

Fecking students with all their discounts! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Annual tickets are valid on Night Luas.
    mikemac wrote: »
    normally it's Victor who posts this info
    Feel free to post away. :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055753226

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Cheer mike, should be fine. Thought it meant like every Luas after like 8pm everyday. Finished college on the 18th so won't have a pre-paid card.:D

I now younger people are fond of the word "like" when not needed but I didn't realise that they actually wrote that way as well :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I now younger people are fond of the word "like" when not needed but I didn't realise that they actually wrote that was as well

There ye go Tarabuses,another shining example of the "Knowledge Based Economy" at work....like..... :D

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Do these Night Luas's apply for the whole day? If I'm getting the Luas at 1.30pm and then 10.15pm will it just be the normal fare or the €4 fare?

The night Luas tickets are single tickets, valid after 2430.

"If I'm getting the Luas at 1.30pm and then 10.15pm" - tickets as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Victor wrote: »
    The night Luas tickets are single tickets, valid after 2430.

"If I'm getting the Luas at 1.30pm and then 10.15pm" - tickets as normal.

2430? I thought there were only 24 hours in a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭markpb

Tarabuses wrote: »

Transport companies routinely use 24xx and 25xx to indicate duties that happen after the start of the day. IIRC London daily tube tickets are valid from 04:00 to 27:00 so you can use them on nights when they run late (New Years Eve for example). It's more commonly used internally for staff than for passengers.

Tarabuses wrote: »

Sure, 2430 is in the next day. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Hi all

I live in Milltown (Green 2) and want to get a 30 day student ticket that covers all 3 zones on the Green line, the machine only seems to sell zone 2 to 3 or 2 to central, do I have to travel to 3 or 1 to get a ticket that covers all zones, if so thats stupid.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Toronto just started issuing unlimited use monthly passes to post-secondary students after a sustained lobbying campaign by the student unions. Costs 70 Euro a month for access to the equivalent of DB, LUAS and DART (helpfully, all run by the same outfit unlike Dublin). For non-students, the equivalent pass would be 85 Euro.

Advertisement