Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

costs and sub judice in the Carroll case-

Options
  • 11-09-2009 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭

I was wondering when the sub judice rule finishes for a case. Is it when the judgement is given - no examinership; or when the judgement is actually published giving reasons; or even after if there is time to lodge a appeal.

Then in the case of a creditor trying to stop an examiner being appointed would the costs be awarded against the zoe group or would it be each pay their own or how do these things go.

If zoe is liquidated, before the costs are decided, then are acc's legal team - assuming they are awarded costs in the position of creditors like al the rest?

Or more generally how are the costs decided and actually paid when companies are facing examinership/receivership/liquidators etc.
    If a company takes on a good( read expensive) legal team and loose will the lawyers be left in line with the other creditors
    or are you forced to get less expensive legal team and reduce the likelihood of succeeding in a good outcome.

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Read Order 75 - for a costs explanation, re. Examiners. Sub Judice is somewhat different in this context. This is a petition heard in open court. I think I had a thread with you on that before.

Advertisement