Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mobile for a restricted SIM

• 11-09-2009 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi there,
    I'm one of the many seeking your advice. I'm hoping you might be able to help me choose a new mobile, there's just too many to choose from and it's breaking my pedantic techno heart.

I've got a business mobile with the bonus that all my calls & texts are paid for by the job, but with the negative that that's all I get: they absolutely will not allow data on the account, so no picture messaging, internet or general data stuff for me. :(

So here's my wished for specs:

* Camera isn't too important. 2 meg & up will do.

* Memory: Maybe 8gb and upwards (Might be nice to have some emergency movies, games or music on there if possible). Although I'll still be keeping my ipod for my music.

* It's gotta be able to sync with my Microsoft Outlook calendar & tasks.

* I'm leaning towards touch-screen and/or something with a nice mini keyboard

* Internet: My job won't enable 3g but it would be nice to have wifi since that won't affect my tariff.

* It's a vodaphone SIM but I don't mind unlocking a mobile myself if it's easy enough. I guess SIM free would be easier.

* I can't spend any more than €400, so the iphone is probably out but then without 3g I'm not sure it's worth having an iphone.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for rocking the board & helping :)

Travors.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

I believe a used iPhone would suit you well. I bought my iPhone 3G used on adverts for €300, which is way below your budget. I use it on Vodafone, unlocked the phone myself, it is pretty straightforward. The camera isn't stellar, but you say you don't need a good one. You can easily disable all data by clearing off the data APN settings, then you will only be able to use WiFi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

no data might as well get a 2g. save another 100e

Advertisement