Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1st session using flash

• 11-09-2009 12:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭

So I finally bit the bullet and went out to the lovely folks in Gunn's and bought an SB-600 for the camera - I've a gig coming up soon that absolutely requires flash, so off I went. I also had a gig today which I felt would benefit from a bit of strobe, so here is the result - a bit atypical I suppose - zombie girl meets Heath Ledger - but I'm liking what the flash lets me do. Going to read everything I can on strobist.com
    DSC_4699-Edit.jpg
    makeup artist: bridget rose
    model: alina b
    photography: hugh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Love it.

Although I was about to make a "Why so serious" joke intially, I must admit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

1st time using flash? I have to say I really like it, only problem I can find is the hand is a wee bit distracting from some reason but thats to me I don't think it would bother other people as much if at all!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

For your first time using flash, well, I have to say well done. I like the tones in the image. What diffusion/light modifer are you using on it?

I agree with dazftw about the hand. The face is being wiped by the hand but the hand looks like it is just being held there. The implied action is not coming through to the image IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Thanks boardsies, take your point about the hand being distracting, mostly my fault in posing the shot.

Lighting setup was two daylight fluorescents at 45 degrees either side of the model about 1.5 to 2 metres away and the flash bounced off the ceiling for a diffuse toplight. The model is great fun to work with, she's about 6'2" so bring a ladder :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Another in the series, different look, amazing hair ...

3908647193_af7ce95d21.jpg
    makeup artist: bridget rose
    model: alina b
    photography: hugh c

• Advertisement
Advertisement