Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I says to Sony & Capcom...

Options
  • 11-09-2009 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭

I says AAAAAARGH!!!

Just upgraded the HDD in my PS3.
    Except, despite it being the simplest POP to do -- I can't restore the drive the way it's supposed to go.

Tried 2 times. Not waiting another 1hr to do it again.
    So, bye-bye downloaded games (have to re-download you all -- on my 2 accounts).
    And bye-bye saves. I won't miss them.

Except for my FSCKING ALL-BUT-SETH CHARACTER UNLOCKS IN SFIV.
    :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Jesus, that's bad. I putting off upgrading my own, thankfully there's not too much on there that I could lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

*Fake edit*
    Also will be losing all my installs... but since I only play SFIV & Ridge Racer now... :D

Wait...
    I just lost my Valkyria Chronicles save.

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Did you back any of these up on a USB stick? Id so, is it that they won't reload? Or is it that you didn't back them up?

Either way, that's a pain in the ass. You have my sympathy!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Game Over Kiki.

Game Over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Wait...
    I just lost my Valkyria Chronicles save.

:(:(:(

Ouch, I heard that was a deadly game.

I was gonna say , just buy the pc version of sf4 and unlock everything instantly, but then I remembered your a mac user. tsk tsk tsk.

I was gonna rip the piss a bit on the mac user part but outta respect for your loss (:p) I'll leave yea alone :pac: hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

:eek: Ouch!
    I would really hate it if that happend to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Game Over Kiki.

Game Over.

4750935_std.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Did you use the backup tool to make an image of your hard-drive, or at least backup your old saves onto a pen drive? If not, what did you expect to happen to all your old stuff? :P

You can just put the old HDD back in, back your stuff up, then put the new one in again.

Oh, and you don't have to download your PSN games on every account on your system, just the once per system and any profile on that PS3 can play it.

• Advertisement

I *DID* use the backup tool to make an image of my 40Gb drive to the 120Gb.
    Then, when I put the 120 inside the PS3, it wouldn't start unless I reformatted.

Anyway whatever. I can download VC saves if I need, and have all characters now (even though Seth sucks).

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Yeah, you format a new HDD to install the PS3 firmware on it and make sure it'll work with the system. Then you run the Restore utility with your backup plugged in via USB and hey presto it's all there just as you left it.

Advertisement