Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Declan Ganley is back

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

They haven't gone away, you know.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Declan who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I think the correct term is African American.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

ohh for f**k sake can the SOB not just accept defeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

lol hopefully people will laugh him off the island.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

ya it looks like he will return this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

when will it stop. Librate lib a lis .bon 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

it will but the ****s up the yes side. They looked home and dry but now they have someone who can talk the talk to deal with now. Should be pretty fun none the less

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Declan Ganley doing a U-turn makes him ideal for Irish politics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

skelliser wrote: »
    it will but the ****s up the yes side. They looked home and dry but now they have someone who can talk the talk to deal with now. Should be pretty fun none the less

Not really. RTE won't give him the time of day, they don't have to this time. Neither does any private media outlet.

He'll get some time but nothing like what he got last year I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Great news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

skelliser wrote: »
    They looked home and dry but now they have someone who can talk the talk to deal with now. Should be pretty fun none the less

Anyone can "talk the talk". Anyone.

Ganley the fella who claimed he never held a British passport despite . . . erm, holding a British passport now follows up with another fib: He would duck out if he lost election.
    Well he lost election and now that people are seeing the likes of Cóir for what they are, has decided that the 'no' side needs help badly.
    He will harm their transparent cause more than help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I hope he achieves something.

Part of me wanted to see him come to power as a dictator as he'd signed a copy of his Fight for Democracy book for me.

Once he'd been deposed I could sell it on eBay for a tidy profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 kissmyrs

Thank god he came back to save Ireland.

We need someone who knows whats going on leading us.

Fair play to you.

well done

Francie..

VOTE NO

www.bringganleyback.com
    www.libertas.org
    www.libertas.eu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

kbannon wrote: »
    Declan Ganley doing a U-turn makes him ideal for Irish politics

He'd make a perfect mod on Boards then too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

kissmyrs wrote: »

From his extensive experience as a politician is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

Fair play to you.

well done

Francie..

:rolleyes:
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Has he paid all the bills Libertas left around Europe yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Fair play to you.

well done

Francie..

VOTE NO

www.bringganleyback.com
    www.libertas.org
    www.libertas.eu

How come on the 'bringganleyback' website there's a comments page, but nowhere to enter a comment!?

Hardly a case of a commissioned and manufactured website now is it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

How come on the 'bringganleyback' website there's a comments page, but nowhere to enter a comment!?

Hardly a case of a commissioned and manufactured website now is it!?

Sorry, only looked at that site now. It's hilarious. What's all this crap about him having a "right to represent" the people who voted for him. He didn't win, go swivel. That means anyone who gets a single vote in anything now has the "right" to represent that vote, somewhere, somehow :pac: Sorry but it's comical, especially on a site where Ganley is requested to "get democracy", er sorry we have democracy and Ganley sucked at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Livster

Hello Everyone

I was so glad to learn today in the Wall Street Journal of the long awaited return of Declan Ganley. This great Irish Man will once again represent the views of the majority of Irish people who voted No in Lisbon I. We the people declared that we would not ratify the treaty and now 15 months later we find ourselves being asked to vote again. It is a disgrace, i no longer trust the politicans of my great country Ireland to protect my treasured Irish Constitution which was written nearly a hundred years ago by the Irish people for the Irish people.

Eamon Gilmore (leader of Labour political party) went on the national news and told me and every other Irish person that the “People have made a decision … the decision that has been made by the Irish people has got to be respected by everybody, got to be respected by the Taoiseach, the government, by the other member states, by the political leadership in Brussels. They [the Irish people] make up their own minds. They are the ultimate Jury in this and it is a great strength of our democracy. I don’t think there is any question of this treaty being put a second time to the people … At this stage there is no point re-running the campaign. The fact of the matter is that a decision has now been made. The Lisbon Treaty is dead".

This is just one of the men who is now campaigning for a Yes vote. Like most of our politicans he has broken his promise. It is only we the people of Ireland who can be trusted to ensure that are Irish Constitution is not eroded and is protected for our future and that of our nations children and the generations to come.

Same Treaty, Same Answer, VOTE NO! Policiticans i implore you to LISTEN , HEAR US and RESPECT our democratice voice which is soverign!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Livster wrote: »
    Hello Everyone

I was so glad to learn today in the Wall Street Journal of the long awaited return of Declan Ganley. This great Irish Man will once again represent the views of the majority of Irish people who voted No in Lisbon I. We the people declared that we would not ratify the treaty and now 15 months later we find ourselves being asked to vote again. It is a disgrace, i no longer trust the politicans of my great country Ireland to protect my treasured Irish Constitution which was written nearly a hundred years ago by the Irish people for the Irish people.

Eamon Gilmore (leader of Labour political party) went on the national news and told me and every other Irish person that the “People have made a decision … the decision that has been made by the Irish people has got to be respected by everybody, got to be respected by the Taoiseach, the government, by the other member states, by the political leadership in Brussels. They [the Irish people] make up their own minds. They are the ultimate Jury in this and it is a great strength of our democracy. I don’t think there is any question of this treaty being put a second time to the people … At this stage there is no point re-running the campaign. The fact of the matter is that a decision has now been made. The Lisbon Treaty is dead".

This is just one of the men who is now campaigning for a Yes vote. Like most of our politicans he has broken his promise. It is only we the people of Ireland who can be trusted to ensure that are Irish Constitution is not eroded and is protected for our future and that of our nations children and the generations to come.

Same Treaty, Same Answer, VOTE NO! Policiticans i implore you to LISTEN , HEAR US and RESPECT our democratice voice which is soverign!

O god, not this sh1t again, i dont think i can take it !!!!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭donkey balls

he is going be on the last word with matt cooper on monday fot those interested

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

he is going be on the last word with matt cooper on monday fot those interested
    I hope he has some better arguments than Cóir and even a pinch of truth to his arguments would be nice too this time.

Yes it's the same treaty, but there are different conditions attached to its implementation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

so whatever may have thought about him before, Declan Ganley is now a proven liar.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0608/breaking59.htm
    Conceding defeat tonight, Mr Ganley said: “I will not be involved in the second Lisbon campaign, I’ve said that upfront. I’ve got to get back to work,” he said.

“I sought a democratic mandate and I didn’t get one, and that’s how democracy works. And as I said I can take no for an answer.”

I have nothing but contempt for Declan Ganley.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

... I have nothing but contempt for Declan Ganley.

I can't even rise to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ganley is essentially an opportunist/dilettante. I had a bit of time for him initially if only cos its nice to have a maverick causing some trouble for Official Ireland but the thrill has gone. His only virtue is that he isn't actually mad which most on the no side appear to be these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I can't even rise to that.

Elaborate..

Do I not have a valid point? There is absolutely no morality or accountability in Irish politics, and chancers like Declan Ganley putting their name forward for the ballot will only serve to substantiate this point.

Even if you are a fan of Declan Ganley, his word is worth nothing. And I have to say, when I heard him make the "I sought a mandate and didnt get one" speech, I thought "wow, somebody accepting the democratic result, taking it on the chin, and gracefully bowing out". But I should have known better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

so whatever may have thought about him before, Declan Ganley is now a proven liar.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0608/breaking59.htm

I have nothing but contempt for Declan Ganley.

Thats a bit strong. Bet you arnt calling those politicians who said there wont be a second Lisbon vote 'proven liars'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Elaborate..

Do I not have a valid point? There is absolutely no morality or accountability in Irish politics, and chancers like Declan Ganley putting their name forward for the ballot will only serve to substantiate this point.

Even if you are a fan of Declan Ganley, his word is worth nothing. And I have to say, when I heard him make the "I sought a mandate and didnt get one" speech, I thought "wow, somebody accepting the democratic result, taking it on the chin, and gracefully bowing out". But I should have known better.

I think you misunderstand me. I don't consider him worth the psychological effort of nurturing a sense of contempt.

Advertisement