Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Declan Ganley is back

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

prinz wrote: »
    Like to explain why?

I'd love to but not now , sorry a few friends just droped in ,keep at me though ,slan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Tarobot

puffdragon wrote: »
    I'd love to but not now , sorry a few friends just droped in ,keep at me though ,slan

HAHAHA!! Oh man, you are just the best. Yes, 91% of economists, all the major political parties, the main trade unions, the organisations that represent Irish businesses that create and support Irish jobs, large companies like Intel that employ hundreds of people. International development agencies like Concern and Trocaire. The Irish Exporters Association!! (80% of our wealth comes from exports, 65% of which come from Europe).

All of these people are wrong and it's organisations like Sinn Fein (who actually are pro-Europe in the North) and Coir and people who tell us that Lisbon will take our children and introduce abortion that have our best interests at heart?

Riiighht.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

So sad! just called in before going to bed .Wonder why Poland got all of our "industries" think about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

So sad! just called in before going to bed .Wonder why Poland got all of our "industries" think about it?

because we became uncompetitive

instead of doing the right thing FF and the people went crazy all over the property bubble and we lost our competitiveness, nothing to do with EU who gave warnings about our collective delusions

voting against Lisbon will not address competitiveness

if anything without a common Energy policy in Lisbon, we will continue to have highest electricity rates, hitting businesses directly where it hurts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Tarobot

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    because we became uncompetitive

instead of doing the right thing FF and the people went crazy all over the property bubble and we lost our competitiveness, nothing to do with EU who gave warnings about our collective delusions

voting against Lisbon will not address competitiveness

if anything without a common Energy policy in Lisbon, we will continue to have highest electricity rates, hitting businesses directly where it hurts
    Absolutely correct.

Add in higher wage prices, property and rental prices and contracts that can only be revised upwards.

puffdragon, mentioning two unrelated issues and trying to connect them does not an argument make. Try again. Oh and still waiting for that explanation of why the trade unions, employers and economists and Labour are in favour of Lisbon and only Sinn Fein, Coir and Joe HIggins are opposed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Ecobluff

If you want to see intel and microsoft et al heading there as well & send Ireland into an economic stone-age vote no. Look at Iceland think about that !
    The collapse of our economy and the property bubble burst has clearly shown to everyone how much we depend on Europe - ie the money supply and financial market sentiment.
    A No vote will damage sentiment and push up the cost of borrowing money = more taxs + higher national debt = longer deeper recession. Its simple basic economics.

It will also damage our image in american board rooms. It will make the task of people trying to stop companys pulling out of ireland harder and indeed attracting new FDI. I'll be voting YES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

Wonder why Poland got all of our "industries" think about it?
    The same reason that we were lucky to have overseas industry and the same reason that they are not produced in their entirety in said industries' homelands.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Wonder why Poland got all of our "industries"
    Minimum wage in Poland is about €200 a month. You'd get well more than that a week here, on minimum wage.

the_syco wrote: »
    Minimum wage in Poland is about €200 a month. You'd get well more than that a week here, on minimum wage.

let me fix that for you

Minimum wage in Poland is about €200 a month. You'd get well more than that a week here, on the dole doing nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭optocynic

let me fix that for you

Minimum wage in Poland is about €200 a month. You'd get well more than that a week here, on the dole doing nothing

Bravo sir..

And people call me a 'class warrior' when I point out this insanity!!!

• Advertisement

optocynic wrote: »
    Bravo sir..

And people call me a 'class warrior' when I point out this insanity!!!

the people who just lost their jobs are more than entitled to it, they did pay for PRSI

but people who are long time sponging on dole (years+) well thats a whole thread on its own :(

i think it does highlight that there is no incentive for Ireland to be competitive, we became competitive because everyone was having a tough time living and working hard was the only way out

nowadays thats no longer the case, one wont starve or not have a roof over head thanks to social welfare, reducing the incentives to work

the people who just lost their jobs are more than entitled to it, they did pay for PRSI

but people who are long time sponging on dole (years+) well thats a whole thread on its own :(

i think it does highlight that there is no incentive for Ireland to be competitive, we became competitive because everyone was having a tough time living and working hard was the only way out

nowadays thats no longer the case, one wont starve or not have a roof over head thanks to social welfare, reducing the incentives to work

I couldn't agree more!
    Once again I would raise the issue of workfare as a (the) realistic solution!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

on the basic topic of declan ganley being back, i'd like to see what he would be like in a general election, not just a european situation.
    after hearing willie o'dea and pat rabitte on pat kenny's show on the radio yesterday arguing over whether willie o'dea was lying because he said he left his blackberry at home and didn't see john o'donoghue's statement about his expenses, he would be an interesting alternative to the civil war politicians we still have.
    not saying that i would vote for the guy, but seriously, we do need a lot of fresh faces in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

not saying that i would vote for the guy, but seriously, we do need a lot of fresh faces in this country.

There already are political parties looking for support and membership out there. Join them and become a politician yourself. Or, failing that vote for me.

There already are political parties looking for support and membership out there. Join them and become a politician yourself. Or, failing that vote for me.

And you are....???

yeah i'll vote for you! go you!!!

yeah i'll vote for you! go you!!!

As it is I actually am toying with the idea of running in future. The problem with Ireland is, and has been the same for years, people will complain and clamour for new faces etc, but when push comes to shove they will still vote for the same old crowd, even the younger members elected always seem to have family ties etc. What are the realistic chances of a young idealist new face to get elected - virtually zero, compared to an oul publican county councillor.

As it is I actually am toying with the idea of running in future. The problem with Ireland is, and has been the same for years, people will complain and clamour for new faces etc, but when push comes to shove they will still vote for the same old crowd, even the younger members elected always seem to have family ties etc. What are the realistic chances of a young idealist new face to get elected - virtually zero, compared to an oul publican county councillor.

I like to think, that as a nation, we are no longer as stupid as we once were. If you have honest ideas, and speak clear and straight... and are, most importantly, capable of simple yes/no answers... you would have a chance.. in the right city!

from your previous post, apart from the greens (who have been completely discredited over the past few years imo) and the natural law party, what other parties aren't descended from civil war politics? the people for profit are a spin off from the workers party which were once official sinn féin as far as i know.
    also, there's something 'polished' about declan ganley. i can't picture him shouting about the roads in south kerry..

optocynic wrote: »
    I like to think, that as a nation, we are no longer as stupid as we once were. If you have honest ideas, and speak clear and straight... and are, most importantly, capable of simple yes/no answers... you would have a chance.. in the right city!

a politician with yes/no answers?? it'll be beaten out of him sooner or later! that's what bugs me about eamonn keane, his trail on newstalk goes on about not asking the question that counts and regretting it later, but when it comes to the actual interview, he never fights for a real answer.

• Advertisement

from your previous post, apart from the greens (who have been completely discredited over the past few years imo) and the natural law party, what other parties aren't descended from civil war politics? ..

Christian Solidarity Party
    Pirate Party of Ireland
    I know there has been a libertarian movement established, not yet formed a political party.
    There has been plenty of loosely associated groups whose candidates have run as independants.

Christian Solidarity Party
    Pirate Party of Ireland
    I know there has been a libertarian movement established, not yet formed a political party.
    There has been plenty of loosely associated groups whose candidates have run as independants.

speaking of the pirate party.........

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

i knew it was one of these days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Declan Ganley, people. Returning, arguably prodigal, subject of this thread. Keep that in mind and I won't have to start deleting things. It makes me turn bright green and start flinging infractions around like confetti.

If we talk about his background/history the thread gets locked. His present has been done to death, so that leaves the future... what does the future hold for Mr Ganley, not a lot I suspect, his experiment and attempted glorious rise as a defender of democracy etc failed miserably. I think he will go back to writing for the FPRI, and opioniating on what is, and isn't in America's best interests, while he rolls in cash gained through his various dealings with the unelected elites stateside.

If we talk about his background/history the thread gets locked. His present has been done to death, so that leaves the future... what does the future hold for Mr Ganley, not a lot I suspect, his experiment and attempted glorious rise as a defender of democracy etc failed miserably. I think he will go back to writing for the FPRI, and opioniating on what is, and isn't in America's best interests, while he rolls in cash gained through his various dealings with the unelected elites stateside.

i disagree, i think he would have a fair chance of being elected a TD in galway east. he would more than likely be on his own in the Dáil though, making him a glorified independent.

i disagree, i think he would have a fair chance of being elected a TD in galway east. he would more than likely be on his own in the Dáil though, making him a glorified independent.

I'd nearly like him to get in for the entertainment factor. I have doubts that he would run though. He has minions to do the ground work.

I'd nearly like him to get in for the entertainment factor. I have doubts that he would run though. He has minions to do the ground work.

well, he has gone back over his words already, i wouldn't be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Tarobot wrote: »
    HAHAHA!! Oh man, you are just the best. Yes, 91% of economists, all the major political parties, the main trade unions, the organisations that represent Irish businesses that create and support Irish jobs, large companies like Intel that employ hundreds of people. International development agencies like Concern and Trocaire. The Irish Exporters Association!! (80% of our wealth comes from exports, 65% of which come from Europe).

All of these people are wrong and it's organisations like Sinn Fein (who actually are pro-Europe in the North) and Coir and people who tell us that Lisbon will take our children and introduce abortion that have our best interests at heart?

Riiighht.

These people also supported the last Treaty - which was rejected because our politicans were more concerned about employing bogus consultants for EUR90k annually and taking other expenses than securing guarantees or derogations relevant for the Irish state.

Now in desperation the guarantees on abortion, neutrality etc have been given - and the treaty will likely be passed.

Perhaps Cowen and the other money grabbers should in more in step with what the Irish electorate wants and not what the European political establishment deems necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

These people also supported the last Treaty - which was rejected because our politicans were more concerned about employing bogus consultants for EUR90k annually and taking other expenses than securing guarantees or derogations relevant for the Irish state.

Now in desperation the guarantees on abortion, neutrality etc have been given - and the treaty will likely be passed.

Perhaps Cowen and the other money grabbers should in more in step with what the Irish electorate wants and not what the European political establishment deems necessary.

But the guarentees mostly weren't sought because they weren't issues.

Abortion was never ever ever an issue, it was an artificial construct designed to pull at the heartstrings of the politically uninformed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭homer1916

kissmyrs wrote: »
    Thank god he came back to save Ireland.

We need someone who knows whats going on leading us.

Fair play to you.

well done

Francie..

VOTE NO

www.bringganleyback.com
    www.libertas.org
    www.libertas.eu

You loser fool, this lad was involved in a murder plot in Latvia, exposed by RTE, is a liar and has contracts with the american military worth over €300 million. God i wonder why he wants a no vote:rolleyes:

Advertisement