Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for advice on selling or trading camera equipment.

• 11-09-2009 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I was thinking of moving from a 50D to a 5D MK II. I was thinking of either trying to sell or trade the following.

Canon 50D (9 months old)
    Official Battery Grip (Bought in January)
    2 X official batteries
    Possibly the Canon 85mm F/1.8, 100mm Macro & 10-22mm EF-S lenses (bought in January)

I was wondering where would be the best places to try and sell these? Given the state of the economy, what price should I look for and is it worth considering a trade in Conn's?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Rael wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I was thinking of moving from a 50D to a 5D MK II. I was thinking of either trying to sell or trade the following.

Canon 50D (9 months old)
    Official Battery Grip (Bought in January)
    2 X official batteries
    Possibly the Canon 85mm F/1.8, 100mm Macro & 10-22mm EF-S lenses (bought in January)

I was wondering where would be the best places to try and sell these? Given the state of the economy, what price should I look for and is it worth considering a trade in Conn's?

Thanks for any and all advice!

you'll lose alot of money by trading it in in some local shop, you should put it on adverts.ie

I'd keep the 85mm f1.8 if I where you

why do u want to move to the 5d mkII?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

what I mean is keep the 85mm if youre only selling it to get some money for a new camera, its prob the best canon lens you can get for under 600euro.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Please, no offers.

This thread is only allowed as it's asking advice on selling. Buying/Selling is against the charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Koushki

sorry Mod my bad, try adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

you will lose a lot of money on the 50D, that's even if you get any offers at all on it. I was hoping to sell mine a few weeks back, had it on adverts and got no offers, not even the usual cheeky ones :-)
    The rest of your stuff is pretty saleable, in fact I was contacted by PM over the weekend from someone looking for my battery grip.
    IMO you would be mad getting rid of both the 100mm and the 85mm, both of which are fantastic lenses that would easily do justice to the new camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Just out of curiosity, what do you think you'll gain by going from the 50D to the 5D ? Do you have specific examples of shots that you could have gotten had you the 5D instead of your current setup ? As someone said once ... "It's not the equipment that you don't own that prevents you from fulfilling your potential as a photographer" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

adverts.ie and buyandsell.ie are both good options. Conns list prices can be v high and dont offer much in trade in to start with. Good luck with the sale.
    Edit: I would maybe hold off on selling some of the lenses until after you switch if possible. Moving to a full frame sensor will change how you use each lens but on the flip side you will probably want to change lens more after you purchase a 5dmII

Advertisement