Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone want to set up a band? (dublin based)

• 11-09-2009 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

hey,

I'm female 20, north dublin, I can play guitar (acoustic + electric), violin and sing and songwrite. smile.gif

Anyone up for a bit of craic and jamming every now and then or whatever. (I'm easy going with jamming sessions), may get serious. :D Looking for people who play ANY instrument. (doesn't have to be only guitarists,drummers and bassists.)

Preferably people between ages of 18-22 and have at least 3-4 years of playing their instrument. Males and females welcomed! :cool:

Experiences:
    My experience wise: would be performed at school charity gig a few years ago, a few talent shows and just a bit of jamming with friends. so nothing big.

Influences:
    Music i'm into would probs be something ranging like (long list, but not ALL of them): lady gaga (acoustics), beyonce, lily allen, sara bareilles, bruce springsteen, the calling, artic monkeys, bon jovi, oasis, red chilli peppers, the veronicas, bullet for my valentine, nine inch nails, korn, blink 182, metro station, nirvana, flyleaf, the script, velvet revolver, stained, soil, seether, evanescence.. etc etc. (i hope that gives a general idea of what music i'm into)

Let me know if you're interested. smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DRAYELECTRO

Sounds good!
    Im In the humor of doin something different myself you on msn or anything?

-Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 fso

Hi,
    I listen to some of the bands you mention.
    Jaming sounds good if suits.
    I play guitar. Glasnevin area.
    fso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Looniatic

awesome guys! I just PM'ed yaz. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CMajor

Im an experienced guitar player trying to get back into playing after a few years off... Im 28 but would be interested in any jam sessions you would like to invite me along to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 fso

Hi, PM'd you back. Any news?
    Fso

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

where are you in dublin? looking to set up a band myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Looniatic

:D Ok. I PM'd you all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 EthanWM

I'm 20, male, play guitar, small bit of piano and sing.

Lovin' the violin I must say.

My influences would be slightly different though, the likes of John Mayer, Matchbox 20, Alter Bridge, Goo Goo dolls. This would be the type of stuff I generally play really. Just left a band a few weeks ago.:confused:

Advertisement