Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Samurai Showdown game

• 11-09-2009 1:51am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Never even knew this was coming:

It's been made on the same arcade board as SFIV and looks rather nice. It should be coming to both 360 and PS3. I'm a bit tentative about this game. It seems rather combo heavy even though in the original games you would be lucky to pull off a 5 hit string. SS was never about combos but was a much slower game all about blocking and catching your oponent off gaurd. Still I love SS so kind of looking forward to this and it's also after under going an extended development cycle, delays and beta testing to persumably polish it. Doesn't look like there's many of the interesting characters in it like the screen sized Earthquake.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Well, it's SNK -- I think the whole concept of "advertise your game, build hype, profit" is alien to them :D

Looks cool, but needs more sword effects.
    And more colours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well don't let the look of the new samurai shodown game put you off the series. The old 2D games are amazing and one of the greatest fighting games series ever made. Samurai Shodown 2 was regarded as being on par with SSF2T.

I'm worried because the new one plays nothing like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

and yet i can tell you right now, months in advance, this game made by SNK, that when this game is realeased, it will be PLAUGED by lag, so badly it will need 3 patches to fix, even after that, it will still be bad, it will die, & the game will be forgotten.

Thus is written in the gospel according to Capcom 3:16

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Very true. SNK really need to sort their ****e netcode out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

This looks absolutely awful, haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah that doesn't look too good I must say. It doesn't seem to have any of the colourful cartoon-like aesthetic that the old games had and just looks like a dulled down Soul Calibur. Also no Earthquake - no deal :mad:

I'm more interested in SS: Anthology, if it ever comes out. It has SS6 which looks like a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Ah yes, back to slashing people and spilling blood. My kind of game. I better start collecting apples for Mr. Ukyo to chop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Interest re-ignited.
    NSFW :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I spent so much on the original SS. It's great fun.

This looks really dull but hopefully the gameplay will be there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement