Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair trends...

Options
  • 11-09-2009 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi... just wondering what are some of the hair trends right now around where you live or got to school.. what are you seeing a lot of on the streets as far as how ladies are coloring, cutting and wearing their hair ? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The "Harney Bob" is massive right now, especially with the side parting and up-turned flicking at the back, if you can pull it off it looks tremendous

mary-harney.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Blonde is kinda out atm. Brunette is definately the colour now . . depends what age you are on what haircuts are in at the moment really.
    Oh but the Harney-Bob is definately something I'll be going for:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Huh. Didn't know normal hair colours can be "out".

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

its the only way i can describe what ive been seeing on the "young wans" round here, the teenage ladies of the district seem to have collectively lost their minds- its a funny mix of long short and spiky with a fringe!

so imagine fringe, face framed in short layers, hair half way down the back but the top half is cut short and spiked, its bizarre to say the least:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

its the only way i can describe what ive been seeing on the "young wans" round here, the teenage ladies of the district seem to have collectively lost their minds- its a funny mix of long short and spiky with a fringe!

so imagine fringe, face framed in short layers, hair half way down the back but the top half is cut short and spiked, its bizarre to say the least:D

I call that one 'the Jareth'.

jareth.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

thats perfect!!! its exactly it :D ha! poor misguided youth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Huh. Didn't know normal hair colours can be "out".

blonde is usually "in" during spring/summer, and then brunette takes over in autumn/winter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Oh well, I can safely say I won't be dying my hair brown anytime ever!

(how blonde did that sound!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

I'm paranoid now about blonde being out of fashion!:( :eek: dark doesn't suit me and red is too high maintenance! guess i'll just have to be unfashionable!:p

I've noticed that strange layered hairstyle/mullet as well, it's so weird and must look awful when it's growing out!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm noticing a lot of teenage girls working the 'combover' look - their side partings are so far over to one side that it looks like they're covering up a bald patch!

What is with that? It looks so stupid!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

Don't forget the random patches of "blonde" (orange) in otherwise dark hair! You aren't fooling anybody!:pac:

Or the girls who wear clip in hair entensions that a) don't match their hair and b)with visible clips! Like surely it's better to have short hair than two different colours?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bellat99

hmmmm some "What Not To Wear" hair going on....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 eveb2

Red is really big around where im livin. From ginger(loads of my mates have dyed theirs) to firetruck red!
    I've noticed a lot of bleach blonde too.
    As far as the style its backcombing, backcombing backcombing! To the back to the side, everywhere! Short, short boy hair is also a big one, and if not then its the clip in extensions!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

I've had a few boutiques send their brochures out to me, it seems to be curls all the way for autumn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭carasbars

Yep, seems to be reds alright...lots and lots of reds around the place...big curls seem to be back on the agenda too

Advertisement