Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charlie Sheen's Video Message to President Obama

• 11-09-2009 3:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very interesting to watch (slick and selective editing of clips), but not really suited to Television.

Moving to Conspiracy Theories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Awh, we got two already. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

like all these ...... we can only see what we want to see ....now give us the answer we want to hear and we'll believe we were right ....otherwise ...its all a conspiracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,297 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He's representing the families of the victims of 9/11? Who appointed him to represent them? He has no right saying that when I'm sure most of the families believe the official report.

What right has he to demand anything? If a new independant report came back, after having millions of dollars spent going over all their points, and re-evaluating everything, and still didn't agree with what they said, they'd say its lying.

I think its time for them to Wake Up™

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Captain Furball, 3 threads for the same video counts as SPAM to me. I've closed the other 2 threads and you've received an infraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I haven't seen that video yet, thanks for the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

I'd say fair play to him.. But really.. does he think the President is going to listen to him because he's an actor... ah.... NO!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭weiss

He has no right saying that when I'm sure most of the families believe the official report.

911 families DO NOT believe the official story, and why would they? it's full of so many inconsistencies, only a fool would.
    "If you want to believe what they want to snow you under on like the 9/11 Commission - that's a total fallacy,"
    "The continuing cover-up is beyond belief," - Bill Doyle, representative of largest 911 familes

Some of you are simply afraid to face reality.
    Even with incontrovertible evidence, you'd dismiss it all and believe in fantasy just to sleep better at night.

I'd say fair play to him.. But really.. does he think the President is going to listen to him because he's an actor... ah.... NO!!

Yeah but it wouldn't matter if he was Morgan Freeman or Zombie Jesus or any high caliber people coming to support "the cause". It doesn't matter because once you side with the movement, put forward the questions and be seen with Jones, you are labeled a cook and the end goal/target (investigation) is impossible.

The Truth Movement has killed off any change of that end goal. "If you have any questions about that day please consult your psychologist!" (not an insult)
    weiss wrote: »
    [/LEFT]
    Even with incontrovertible evidence, you'd dismiss it all and believe in fantasy just to sleep better at night.
    No, its not like that at all, the valid questions have been overshadowed by a large proportion of CT'ers putting forward the same arguments and skewing quotes, even doctoring images.
    I never doctored images myself but I did bring up the same arguments a couple of years back on this very forum.
    The Official line (story) didn't help much by having such ambiguity and secrecy surrounding some questions that they put down to security issues or refused to comment on. Actually all this conspiracy probably helped divert the attention away from themselves and their failings.

People here aren't afraid to face reality. Please don't act like you are the only enlightened person here. A lot of people get worked up about 9/11 on both sides and most that will would hesitate to admit that they were at least somewhat obsessed with the subject.

Sad Anniversary!

• Advertisement

People here aren't afraid to face reality. Please don't act like you are the only enlightened person here. A lot of people get worked up about 9/11 on both sides and most that will would hesitate to admit that they were at least somewhat obsessed with the subject.

Many are aware both invasions of Iraq/Afghanistan are largely about oligarchs making money in the middle east and central asia, this is easily proven when you read up about it.

It's just business, making money from oil and gas while many many more people believe it's about fighting terrorism, about conflicting ideologies and religion which is nothing more than a distraction.

It's just business as usual..and they'll tell you anything you want to hear, if that makes you more comfortable with it all.

911 is just one of many events where loss of life occurred because of corrupt people in power making decisions in their own self interests.

Yes The Bush Administration used 9/11 to invade these countries, Oil is a laughable excuse to use when you consider the billions of dollars of deficit or debt that the USA has built up over these wars.

I do believe Bush should be tried for crimes and violations of conventions and code. The supposed links between Saddam and Al-Queda, the yellowcake uranium. The 45min fearmongering strike time... Yes, in the context of 9/11 it would make you think, and I certainly have thought about it, but your focus is misdirected in my opinion, either the absolute evidence with clear links that Bush or whoever are responsible for the event or they are not. They certainly took advantage of the situation, and whats worse, they tied Saddam with Usama. That was really bad.

Step back and look what credibility the movement has, whether it be the MSM or the average Joe. Nothing can be accomplished with that sort of credibility IMO.

Yes The Bush Administration used 9/11 to invade these countries, Oil is a laughable excuse to use when you consider the billions of dollars of deficit or debt that the USA has built up over these wars.

Yes, tax payer dollars, big difference wouldn't you say?

And oil as excuse wasn't used, but it is the main reason.I'm covering ground of another thread, but what i posted was:

On Iraq:

“I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil,” - Alan Greenspan

The Iraqi National oil company are in charge of 17 oil fields while the remaining 63 are controlled by foreign oil companies.

Excluding those 17, current reserves are estimated between 110-150 billion barrels but there's thought to be twice this amount or more just waiting to be pumped out of the ground.

Lets say there are 300 billion barrels, which would be sold at a cost of $50 each, this would generate $15 trillion, at current prices, we're looking at $21 trillion in revenue..most of this money is going to the foreign oil companies!! not Iraqi people!!

US also took the liberty of making some changes...

All Iraqi oil fields found in future will be developed exclusively for foreign companies.

The Corporate tax rate was dropped from 40% to 15%.

Foreign oil companies were granted contracts of 25-40 years.

Afghanistan

Traditionally, Russia have controlled most of central asias gas and oil.

There are rich oil fields in Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan, but the problem was acquiring it.

To break up OPEC and control the world's oil supply, it is also helpful to control Middle East and central Asiatic oil producing countries through which oil pipelines traverse.

The first attack and occupation was of Afghanistan, October 2001, in itself a gas producing country, but primarily a country through which Central Asia and the Caspian Sea oil and gas will be shipped (piped) to energy-starved Pakistan and India.

Afghanistan also provided an alternative to previously existing Russian pipelines. Simultaneously, the U.S. acquired military bases-19 of them-in the Central Asian countries of Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Turkmenistan in the Caspian Basin, all of which are potential oil producers.

After the invasion and occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq, the U.S. controlled the natural resources of these two countries and, once again, Iraq's oil began to be traded in U.S. dollars. The UN's oil for food production program was scrapped and the U.S. Iaunched its Iraqi Assistance Fund in U.S. dollars. In December 2003, the U.S. (Pentagon) announced that it had barred French, German, and Russian oil and other companies from bidding on Iraq's reconstruction.

If you're curious, some research on Enron and their dealings with the Taliban would go along way to explaining the invasion of Afghanistan.

And i'm sure you're aware the invasion of Afghanistan was planned years in advance.

Yes, but what you are missing is that the US didn't bother with the UN and just went ahead with the invasion anyways. Even if 9/11 didn't happen they could have done it without the support of the people for whatever nefarious reasons. 9/11 helped a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You're still glossing over the point. Your claim is that 9/11 was commited by the government as an excuse to invade those countries. Everyone else is saying that 9/11 was simply used as a good excuse, but wasn't caused by the government.

I doubt they would have had the same level of support had 9/11 not happened..

Since the bush administration had been planning an invasion years in advance, 9/11 appears to me, a way to gain support from the american people.

For me anyway, it's all about making money.

Not for american people, not for iraqi people or anyone else except the oligarchs.

But that doesn't mean they commited 9/11, they simply took it as the perfect excuse.

You're still glossing over the point. Your claim is that 9/11 was commited by the government as an excuse to invade those countries. Everyone else is saying that 9/11 was simply used as a good excuse, but wasn't caused by the government.

Not sure if you're referring to me ;)

But i never argued the government was behind 911, correct me with some quotes if i'm wrong.

What i would say is that corruptible elements with authority inside the government had some part to play in it.

It would make sense if they needed an excuse to invade Iraq/Afghanistan for the gas and oil.

Bush couldn't just go on TV and tell american people "me and my friends want control of oil and gas in middle east and central asia and we're going to use your tax dollars to do it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

Nice to see that they have 55,000 views already on youtube.
    They have it on the front page where i assume it will remain.
    My hats off to charlie for doing this it took a lot of balls and in fairness he does have power.A lot more than the person reading this post has.So get off your high horse whoever is moaning about this or that.

I can't understand it, what does it take to please some people?

http://www.youtube.com/news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I was going to ask if people thought this was career suicide but then I don't know if its possible to sink any lower then Two and a Half Men.

Martin must be so proud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lame.

He's just regurgitating the same old long debunked crap that every other bull**** site spews.

I can't decide if he's trying to make a buck or if he's drunk the Kool-aid.

Either way I'm unimpressed by Charlie Sheen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Captain Furball, infracted for baiting and post removed.

Not sure if you're referring to me ;)

But i never argued the government was behind 911, correct me with some quotes if i'm wrong.

I just took it from your posts that you were saying that the US government commited 9/11 as an excuse to invade. Sorry if I'm wrong about that. For what it's worth, I do believe the main point of the invasions was oil and land (as well as deflecting away from a horrific presidential term), but that 9/11 happened and the spin doctors thought it was a perfect excuse that lots of people would back.

Anyway, that's kind of getting off topic. :D

With regards Sheen, as I said in another thread, I feel that he's definitely the wrong person to use as a figure head. He doesn't exactly give off an air or respectability that, say his father would give. And his sordid past will be brought up pretty much every time this stunt is brought up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,297 ✭✭✭✭Penn

humanji wrote: »
    With regards Sheen, as I said in another thread, I feel that he's definitely the wrong person to use as a figure head. He doesn't exactly give off an air or respectability that, say his father would give. And his sordid past will be brought up pretty much every time this stunt is brought up.

Exactly. Why Sheen? Why is he getting involved? He wrote that letter, the fake conversation between himself and Obama, and he wrote that Obama likes his show, and compliments him at the end for being so thorough in his research. He also makes Obama seem rude, like how he asked for a 30 minute interview, but Obama only had time for a 20 minute one. Its not real. Why are you placing these fictional limits on yourself?

He's crazy. He's completely flipped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

ah i thinks he is ok :)

he is geting a message out there that 9/11 was not as it seems at first.
    i dont now for sure who exactly did it. but we can all agree the persons benefiting the most were involved in oil and security etc
    and not iraqis or anyone else over there unless you want to count some isreali guys selling land resources etc....i dunno.

i just have a strong feeling after looking at the stuff that has gone on in the past that it isnt just coincedence it looks like history is repeating. i think it actually is.

Torakx wrote: »

i dont now for sure who exactly did it.

i just have a strong feeling after looking at the stuff that has gone on in the past that it isnt just coincedence it looks like history is repeating. i think it actually is.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Nope, he is saying the opposite, that it is exactly what it seemed at first to him:

Charlie Sheen: "it just didn't look like any commercial jetliner I've flown on any time in my life and then when the buildings came down later on that day I said to my brother, 'Call me insane, but did it sorta look like those buildings came down in a controlled demolition?"

So to his untrained eye it resembled a controlled demolition and he is sticking by that despite plenty of evidence out there that it only superficially resembled a controlled demolition.

you misunderstood me i think.
    regardless of his motives i think its good he is putting A message out there be it true or not it will gain attention and hopefully shake people a bit and make them wake up and look around at life and politics a bit more.
    too many are just watching TV and not really learning what is going on out in the big bad world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Since the bush administration had been planning an invasion years in advance,

Really does the Bush administration have a tardis? cause 911 happened 8 months after Bush was inaugurated. And the previous administration was democrat so please can you provide evidence that the invasion of Iraq was planned years in advance

• Advertisement

Diogenes wrote: »
    Really does the Bush administration have a tardis? cause 911 happened 8 months after Bush was inaugurated. And the previous administration was democrat so please can you provide evidence that the invasion of Iraq was planned years in advance

there probably is no proof available. if there was he would be slandered even more. albeit not actually sentenced to jail time as he is untouchable.
    i guess you have to consider alot of things when looking at so many of these topics.

theres a bigger picture and it has been in the process of painting for many generations.i think it was noticeably started when the monetary system managed to get a hold of the USA.most likely before that.

now dont ask me for direct evidence on all that.youd have to look at what happened through history regarding alot of topics then stand back and get an idea of where it is going etc.

il try give an example of the bush families intents.
    one of the previous Bush's not george W bush anyway. stated back in the 1940's? that there will be a new world order.he said it with alot of conviction and assured us that it will happen.
    so 40-70 years later(excuse the time frame)we see the new world order being openly talked about on TV.
    i dont think it is coincedence at all.im pretty sure G.W.Bush is also looking for a new world order.and obama and anyone else who makes it into public office there.

So to his untrained eye it resembled a controlled demolition and he is sticking by that despite plenty of evidence out there that it only superficially resembled a controlled demolition.

Dunno if I can stretch my imagination that far, all I can say is I don't know.
    How people can talk with certainty about the events around 9/11 amazes me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I wouldn't be surprised if Osama was a creation of the CIA, that is he was trained up and psychologically manipulated, with great caution as he is a smart individual, so that a few years down the line he would successfully begin a religious crusade against america and attack some convenient spot, using all the tricks of the trade, so that they could justify a war(s) in the middle east to secure oil. In this way the government isn't directly responsible for what happened but they still get their end result. Watching legitimate non conspiratorial documentaries on 911 its been proven that the Bush admin were consistently warned that they were going to be attacked but they did nothing about it, now I don't think Condelezza Rice (phd) , Rumsfeld (philosophizing about unknown unknowns) et al were that dumb not to notice that this was significant.

very little difference overall between the factions of the business party.

Diogenes wrote:

You know exactly what i'm talking about.

And provide evidence invasion of Iraq was planned years in advance?

where did i say that? nowhere..

Diogenes, millions of Iraqis are dead and no WMD were or ever will be found, do you understand?

The US authorities said THEY KNEW where WMD were in Iraq, THEY KNEW EXACTLY..this is what they claimed..and yet,there's nothing found?

Do you want me to drag up all the "evidence" ? lol...ffs

What kind of fool would listen to these scumbags and actually believe a single word that comes their mouth?

The ignorance is beyond belief sometimes..the people who constantly believe all the lies we're fed, you're brainwashed!!

Gullible..

The last American president to ruffle some feathers and look to change things for the better, ended up being assassinated, I think it says a lot about the powers that (REALLY) be in that country.

''Obama'' in the true sense was killed in 1963, all that's came after have been carbon copies who have kept the show on the road.

''There's no smoke with fire''.....and over the past 45 years in American history, there's been a lot of potential ''fires''

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ihatewallies

Diogenes, millions of Iraqis are dead and no WMD were or ever will be found, do you understand?

The US authorities said THEY KNEW where WMD were in Iraq, THEY KNEW EXACTLY..this is what they claimed..and yet,there's nothing found?

What kind of fool would listen to these scumbags and actually believe a single word that comes their mouth?

The ignorance is beyond belief sometimes..the people who constantly believe all the lies we're fed, you're brainwashed!!

Gullible..

so, let's recap.

Bush and the CIA organised 9/11 displaying phenomenal skill, coordination and secrecy but

they couldn't even arrange for WMD to be found in Iraq, a country totally under their control.

:D:D:D:D

they key thing to remember is they are smarter than us.
    they have guys working around the clock while we are sleeping :)

so i would think for them alex jones is a good thing.
    he is still alive so it tells me he is to be suspect.if they can kill former president kennedy, alex jones should be a piece of cake.

the 9/11 controversy is to benefit them.
    while we are crying in the streets trying to get one or 2 guys into a court that works for the banks,they are busy securing the rest of the plan assigned to them.

so forget 9/11 7/7 omagh etc etc
    that is already done the milk is spilled.
    more important is to try keep up to date and figure a way to stop whats going to happen.
    non compliance i think would be great but not easy to get the world to stop playing the bankers game.
    monopoly is so much fun :)

Ah thats what they want you to believe! They're smart but not that smart.

Post 17 on this thread genius
    you wrote:

Since the bush administration had been planning an invasion years in advance,

You flat out contradicted yourself within two posts
    post 19 wrote:

So elements of a non existent government administration planned the invasion of Iraqi years before it happened, but hey you're not saying that Only y'know you did

Hey my dentist has a great chiropodist next to him with you want to sort out the whole foot in mouth business.

No because like I've not read a newspaper in the last decade.

You accuse someone of a crime the onus is on you to provide the evidence. why the "lol" or "ffs"? what's so troubling about this concept to you?

Gullible..

Again you seem to think that anyone who doesn't believe your conspiracy theories is a idiot who buys everything the government says.

There's a charmless naivety to your arrogance.

there probably is no proof available.

Weirdly and y'know call me crazy but I require this piddly little things called "evidence" to support a claim. Call me a weirdo.
    l try give an example of the bush families intents.
    one of the previous Bush's not george W bush anyway. stated back in the 1940's? that there will be a new world order.he said it with alot of conviction and assured us that it will happen.
    so 40-70 years later(excuse the time frame)we see the new world order being openly talked about on TV.
    i dont think it is coincedence at all.im pretty sure G.W.Bush is also looking for a new world order.and obama and anyone else who makes it into public office there.

Wow you mean no ever used the term new world order between Bush and his granddaddy!!! :eek::pac::p:rolleyes::P

What were all these people thinking!

It's a common turn of phrase, trying to make a conspiracy about it is stupid.

• Advertisement

Weirdly and y'know call me crazy but I require this piddly little things called "evidence" to support a claim. Call me a weirdo.

Wow you mean no ever used the term new world order between Bush and his granddaddy!!! :eek::pac::p:rolleyes::P

What were all these people thinking!

It's a common turn of phrase, trying to make a conspiracy about it is stupid.
    lol thanks for the link.it backs up what i am saying.
    there is an international group pushing for world control.
    yes the bush family is a part of it.
    no i personally dont have proof.maybe someone else has found some.

lol thanks for the link.it backs up what i am saying.
    there is an international group pushing for world control.

No it simply means that the phrase "new world order" is a common term in international politics in the last 60 years.
    yes the bush family is a part of it.

Yes because if I was a member of a global international conspiracy theory, I'd mention it infront of journalists all the time.
    no i personally dont have proof.maybe someone else has found some.

Hey it's not like I have proof Bush rapes goats. I just heard he does, and someone perhaps has video of it!

Jesus wept.

Diogenes wrote:
    You flat out contradicted yourself within two posts

I didn't contradict myself.. I was talking about Afghanistan, but you already know this.

Are you saying America didn't plan years in advance invasion of Afghanistan?
    I don't expect you to give me a sensible answer...you're obviously trying hard to avoid the main issues.
    So elements of a non existent government administration planned the invasion of Iraqi years before it happened, but hey you're not saying that Only y'know you did

Hey my dentist has a great chiropodist next to him with you want to sort out the whole foot in mouth business.

Diogenes, all you're doing is being pedantic, arguing about my grammar.
    Is that the best you can do? because your posts are pretty pathetic.
    No because like I've not read a newspaper in the last decade.

Maybe you should read something else.
    You accuse someone of a crime the onus is on you to provide the evidence. why the "lol" or "ffs"? what's so troubling about this concept to you?

If i said millions of jews didn't die during world war 2, i'd be ridiculed, labelled "anti-semitic" perhaps even 6th would ban me.

But it's perfectly acceptable for you to come on here and dismiss what most of us know to be reality, millions of Iraqis are dead, and it's because of American propaganda.

But I go back to my previous point in that most of your responses are on the quality of my grammar and don't really deserve rebuttal.
    Again you seem to think that anyone who doesn't believe your conspiracy theories is a idiot who buys everything the government says.

There's a charmless naivety to your arrogance

Conspiracy? yes..millions of dead iraqis, that's a conspiracy, torture, rape, abuse, pillaging of a countrys natural resources...we don't know if these things happened, it's not fact.

Can I say the holocaust didn't happen and get away with it?
    Would that be acceptable to you? I doubt it..
    Hey it's not like I have proof Bush rapes goats. I just heard he does, and someone perhaps has video of it!

Jesus wept.

I don't think it would be asking too much for you to give me your answer on why Iraq and Afghanistan were invaded now.

I've already said it's about making money, but you don't agree with this, so what is your opinion? do you have one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

If i said millions of jews didn't die during world war 2, i'd be ridiculed, labelled "anti-semitic" perhaps even 6th would ban me.

But it's perfectly acceptable for you to come on here and dismiss what most of us know to be reality, millions of Iraqis are dead, and it's because of American propaganda.
    You going to back that figure up by any chance?

Cause the more accurate counts are around 100,000 to 150,000.

I didn't contradict myself.. I was talking about Afghanistan, but you already know this.

Are you saying America didn't plan years in advance invasion of Afghanistan?
    I don't expect you to give me a sensible answer...you're obviously trying hard to avoid the main issues.

You were talking about invasion you didn't specify which country. having a plan doesn't equal carrying out a plan. Do you know that knock airport has a massive runway, designed to carry planes much larger than the small hoppers planes that land there? Why? Because it was partially funded by the US government to use as a contingency airbase if a nuclear war occured in Europe. Planning for a war doesn't mean you plan to carry out a war.
    Diogenes, all you're doing is being pedantic, arguing about my grammar.
    Is that the best you can do? because your posts are pretty pathetic.

No sorry you claimed that the Bush administration planned an invasion of Afghanistan years in advance. Then you denied making any sort of claim. It's not pedantic, and it's not pathetic, it shows how basically dishonest you are about your own position.
    Maybe you should read something else.

I read alot. And nothing I've read supports your claims.

You be surprised with what the mods will let you away with when the

Iraq Bodycount puts the deathtoil in the six figures not millions, so perhaps you can tell us where you get your "millions" from.
    But I go back to my previous point in that most of your responses are on the quality of my grammar and don't really deserve rebuttal.

No most of my posts are about your claims and language. Not the same as grammar.
    Conspiracy? yes..millions of dead iraqis, that's a conspiracy, torture, rape, abuse, pillaging of a countrys natural resources...we don't know if these things happened, it's not fact.

Can I say the holocaust didn't happen and get away with it?
    Would that be acceptable to you? I doubt it..

Have you finished trying to stuff words into my mouth? Good. Okay we can carry on. Tell me what have you done to protest these outrages?

Before the start of the Iraq war, most the shannon peace camp used my flat as their Dublin base while the went to the high court in Dublin to challenge the US military presence in Shannon. I've challenged the producer on Prime Time over a debate in the days prior to the war.
    I don't think it would be asking too much for you to give me your answer on why Iraq and Afghanistan were invaded now.

I've already said it's about making money, but you don't agree with this, so what is your opinion? do you have one?

I think ideology, American industrial interests, and y'know protecting america from terrorist attacks all played a part. I'm sorry you don't seem to get the bigger picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

911 families DO NOT believe the official story, and why would they? it's full of so many inconsistencies, only a fool would.
    "If you want to believe what they want to snow you under on like the 9/11 Commission - that's a total fallacy,"
    "The continuing cover-up is beyond belief," - Bill Doyle, representative of largest 911 familes

Well said between me and my relatives that live in States we must have spoken to least 21 families that lost love one(s) and yet only one family believes the official report from Government.

Now maybe its still minority i dont have answer but i tell you anybody who believes that everybody is happy with 9/11 and offical story are badly mistaken

Well said between me and my relatives that live in States we must have spoken to least 21 families that lost love one(s) and yet only one family believes the official report from Government.

Now maybe its still minority i dont have answer but i tell you anybody who believes that everybody is happy with 9/11 and offical story are badly mistaken

And yet weirdly nearly a decade on they need a sitcom actor to voice their complaints. Funny that.

King Mob wrote:
    You going to back that figure up by any chance?

Cause the more accurate counts are around 100,000 to 150,000.

Wouldn't give you the time of day, King Mob.. so sorry :D
    Diogenes wrote:
    You were talking about invasion you didn't specify which country....

"didn't specify which country" is it not obvious?

Did Bush administration plan an invasion of Afghanistan years in advance?

My answer is, yes.
    There's overwhelming evidence to support this.

Did Bush administration plan an invasion of Iraq years in advance.

I would also say yes.

However it was certainly more difficult for the oligarchs to justify their reasons, hence the phony WMD story..

But of course, that's an isignificant fact which proves nothing..right?

The oligarchs got the approval required for invasion and that's all they needed.

It's too fantastic to think bush, cheney, rumsfeld, wolfowitz, bolton, perle and the other fine honest, decent hard working individuals could ever lie to the american people.

If they argue invasion was about terrorism and protecting american people, then it must be true...

Yet, since 9/11 bush and his cronies have more less wiped their ass with the constitution and slowly taken away most of the freedoms american people used to have..

Any concern or dissent from american citizens and you have Bill O Reilly on Fox news telling them to "shut up"
    No sorry you claimed that the Bush administration planned an invasion of Afghanistan years in advance. Then you denied making any sort of claim. It's not pedantic, and it's not pathetic, it shows how basically dishonest you are about your own position.

You've either misinterpreted what I posted or you're deliberately misleading anyone trying to follow the thread.

You're just causing distraction, that's all.
    I read alot. And nothing I've read supports your claims.

So america did find WMD in Iraq? what newspaper are you reading? weekly world news? the daily rat?
    Iraq Bodycount puts the deathtoil in the six figures not millions, so perhaps you can tell us where you get your "millions" from.

Unicef reported ~500,000 deaths of children due to sanctions between 1991 and 1998

ORB in london estimated 1.2 million deaths since 2003 invasion.

Apart from trying to rationalise the number of dead people..like they were livestock.

Can there can be acceptable loss of lifefor you?
    Have you finished trying to stuff words into my mouth? Good. Okay we can carry on. Tell me what have you done to protest these outrages?

Before the start of the Iraq war, most the shannon peace camp used my flat as their Dublin base while the went to the high court in Dublin to challenge the US military presence in Shannon. I've challenged the producer on Prime Time over a debate in the days prior to the war.

I seriously doubt you personally invited shannon peace camp activists to stay at your flat.

I'm interested to hear what your "challenge" to the Prime Time producer was.
    I think ideology, American industrial interests, and y'know protecting america from terrorist attacks all played a part. I'm sorry you don't seem to get the bigger picture.

You believe the soviets during cold war times would have read Karl Marx at bedtime?

You honestly believe ideology is more important than making money?

Industrial interests would be the only priority imo.
    Both "wars", financially motivated..ideology has little to do with making money.
    The threat of terrorism and conflict of ideology were used as distractions.

Theatricality and deception are powerful weapons.

Diogenes wrote:
    And yet weirdly nearly a decade on they need a sitcom actor to voice their complaints. Funny that.

adrian280582 made a valid point and you're once again avoiding the issue here.

Families have tried to get justice for their loved ones but they've been blocked by the government.

People are not stupid, Diogenes.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭barochoc

I don't see whats so funny about that. He could be anyone!

The fact is "Charlie Sheen" is a well known celebrity in the USA & around the world. His father Martin has very strong political views & regularly takes part in protests. He has been arrested many times while protesting.

Charlie Sheen is getting off his ass & doing something unlike many others who are probably afraid of repercussions or maybe they'd rather be visiting 3rd world countries surrounded by security while trying to look like they're making a change.

He is a voice, a voice people may listen to. He's using his status to speak up for those who are ignored. How many hits do you think you'd get on You Tube using your name in the title with the same video.

Not many i'd imagine but this is being watched by tens of thousands & will probably make the million or more.

And just for the record, Charlie Sheen has been doing this for a long time. He started asking questions very soon after 9/11. He's been on many TV shows voicing his concerns & stating the facts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement