Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printing photographs

• 11-09-2009 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hey folks,

Just want to ask, if i have some photos from my dslr that i want to be printed, where can i print them in Dublin? (Like proper photograph quality, not on normal paper)

Thanks,
    Billy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

hacketts reprographic - baggot street.

or

Steve (here on boards) stcstc ..... he's done work for loads of people on this site and I've yet to see anyone say it isnt top quality...everyone is impressed. (Personally I havent had any dealings with him but from noticing other posts I would say you cant go wrong there)

Ps. Steve (Stcstc)....if you read this - will probably try to get some stuff printed from you in next couple of weeks...just need to figure out what pics I want printed up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

If it's just standard prints 6x4's, 5x7's, etc.. then any corner developing lab (chemist / fuji centre / etc.) will be able to do it.

The Harvey Norman's stores do a while you wait service.

You can also order online from fujipix and pick up in store.

If its a print (enlargement) that you are really going to care about in terms of fine detail quality and so forth then certainly Steve stcstc produces the goods.

With film, the spot on abbey street was recommended only in the last few days.

The gang in the camera centre in Blanchardstown (of which there are at least 2 regular users on here) do a good job too. Mention you heard about them on boards.ie and if the mood is right you might even pick up a discount.

With many of the labs there is a booth type service where you stick the memory card from your DSLR into the booth and organise what you want printed yourself.

There's lots of choice really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Dr.Louis

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    The gang in the camera centre in Blanchardstown (of which there are at least 2 regular users on here) do a good job too. Mention you heard about them on boards.ie and if the mood is right you might even pick up a discount.

Luckily I'm usually in a good mood :P And so is Katie.

If you're looking for regular sizes like 6x4, 5x7 etc it's worth your while going to a normal photo lab. I'd stay away from harvey normans and small chemists. Generally the labs in actual camera shops are the better ones.

If you want cheap(ish) enlargements with good quality then these labs are also your best bet. However if you're looking for that little bit (or actually a lot) more quality and finish, then go to a fine art printer like Steve here. They can print you up a nice enlargement on some fibre based paper etc... Obvisously you won't be getting every single photo printed like this, but it's nice to get a few special ones done every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

I'm going to make prints as gifts and now find it difficult to buy Ilford paper in the shops. PCWorld used stock a wider range, notably the matt Pearl finish.

Is there a good stockist in Dublin's city centre or on the Southside, please?

Advertisement