Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doherty knocked out in quater finals

• 11-09-2009 9:21am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Ken lost 5-0 to Shaun Murphy in todays quater final match.It was live on eurosport and Murphy totally outplayed Ken scoring very heavy every time he got in the balls.
    Ken will surely be dissappointed but a quater final appearance in the seasons first ranking tournament is a major step forward in his push to rejoin the top 16 and games elite.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

zack01 wrote: »
    Ken lost 5-0 to Shaun Murphy in todays quater final match.It was live on eurosport and Murphy totally outplayed Ken scoring very heavy every time he got in the balls.
    Ken will surely be dissappointed but a quater final appearance in the seasons first ranking tournament is a major step forward in his push to rejoin the top 16 and games elite.

Murphy must be playing well. Ken will be happy enough to make the quarters, he would have taken that before the tournament.....
    "I've had a decent run here and won some good matches. Hopefully I'm out of my slump now,spite today's result I've got more optimism and more confidence. It's someting to build on for the rest of the season."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

A shame for Ken but I'm sure he has no complaints, he just wasn't allowed to play. Murphy was excellent.

Having said this now though Liang Wenbo (The funny guy who never rufuses a pot) has just beaten him 6-5 in the semi. I didn't get to see it but both of them have been playing great all week.

Higgins vs O'Sullivan is the afternoon match, it could be a classic. Believe it or not, I read this morning that Ronnie hasn't beat John in a ranking event since The 2003 Irish Masters final. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Delighted for Ken to be back playing well. Very disappointing that his form slumped recently. Probably a long way off, and possibly unrealistic, but it would be some achievement if Ken got back into the top 16.

Advertisement