Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday lunch

Options
  • 11-09-2009 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Looking for somewhere to go with family for sunday lunch. any suggestions? need good value for money and nice atmosphere as it is a joint celebration for daughters exams and hubby's b day
    thanks in advance for help
    cheers;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Alkalimetal

Well, there are a few places in Ashbourne I found nice...

1) Jamuna (above Macari's Cafe) - Indian, good value for money, friendly staff, nice food

2) Corks (near Milltown) - Nice food, atmosphere

3) Big Ciceros (near Tesco) - Good value, lovely food, nice atmosphere, nice staff

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Where in Meath ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Well, there are a few places in Ashbourne I found nice...

1) Jamuna (above Macari's Cafe) - Indian, good value for money, friendly staff, nice food

2) Corks (near Milltown) - Nice food, atmosphere

3) Big Ciceros (near Tesco) - Good value, lovely food, nice atmosphere, nice staff

I'd add La Bucca to that list.

And The Resident's Hotel have a nice bistro (http://www.theresidentshotel.com/no7bistro.htm) and do good bar food too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

La Bucca is good. Have been to the one in Ratoath. If it's a special occasion The Stationhouse in Kilmessan, I think they do a Sunday dinner. Caffrey's in Batterstown is good too, may be a little bit on the pricey side for what you get but the grub is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭niffle

thanks for all your great suggestions had a lovely meal in Big Ciceros in the end staff were great !:D cheers for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Wiley1

niffle wrote: »
    Looking for somewhere to go with family for sunday lunch. any suggestions? need good value for money and nice atmosphere as it is a joint celebration for daughters exams and hubby's b day
    thanks in advance for help
    cheers;)

Niffle, great place to go for Sunday lunch is the Royal Tara gold club, great food, for kids and adults, great staff (kiddies chairs etc) and there's a lovely view of the golf course and most of all you'll get a great deal on the food, It's a carvery before 4 and then from a menu after 4, both are very reasonable, a good family of 5 feed for in or around 50 euro and the place in general is really clean and has a nice atmosphere...

Turn right at Garlow cross (Tara Na Ri pub) if you're coming from Navan and drive about a mile and take a left up the hill and the golf club is there on the right hand side.

Hope this helps...Enjoy (we're regulars when the money is available):D

Advertisement