Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bomb scare donegal town

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I always find it hilarious that whenever there's a bomb scare anywhere people always flock to it.
    Really makes life easy for the people planting it. :rolleyes:

Also I bet anyone who works around there and got sent home is thinking how lucky they get a long weekend now, and the lovely weather for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

I always find it hilarious that whenever there's a bomb scare anywhere people always flock to it.
    Really makes life easy for the people planting it. :rolleyes:

Also I bet anyone who works around there and got sent home is thinking how lucky they get a long weekend now, and the lovely weather for it too.

too right wouldnt mind bein sent home on a day like this...would get a good auld day on the bike for a tour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

yeahhhhh.. fair play to the mad donegal bomber.. least he picked a nice day.. so considerate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

is this the same incident as what sky news are reporting as "suspected bomb explodes outside home of relatives of policeman in northern ireland"?

NOOOOOOOOO ! there are things we might joke about but that would not be one of them.

• Advertisement

No, Donegal isn't in Northern Ireland.

That one was in Derry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

i know that donegal isnt in northern ireland, but you know sky news and their piss poor reporting. ive only seen reports of this other bomb on the ticker, i didnt even know that one was from derry

Oh right, sorry.

Yeah the one on Sky is from Derry. This one probably won't be mentioned on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

a mate sent me this photo

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

1967.. I hear Matt is ripping that you got a much better of the scene than him!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

who needs rte, this is their take on it

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0911/donegal.html

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Anyone fancy going Knacker drinking at the chapel and see how things unfold.??
    I'll bring the Dutch Gold!!

No mention of it on the UTV news either. God but the news channels are rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The lengths I go to just to get 3 pages on the same topic in the Donegal forum - all within a few hours too.

LoanShark wrote: »
    1967.. I hear Matt is ripping that you got a much better of the scene than him!!

Ah I suppose at Matt's age his eye isnt as good as it used to be;)

muffler wrote: »
    The lengths I go to just to get 3 pages on the same topic in the Donegal forum - all within a few hours too.

Wouldn't a garage in your neck of the woods not have been a much better target. Those working today could have got the day off ;)

irish1967 wrote: »
    Those working today could have got the day off ;)
    Dont think anyone would notice :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rhondster

irish1967 wrote: »
    Was just comiong on to post this.. you beat me to it.

Traffic is all snared up. Roundabout at Micky Macs particularly bad. :(

is the bypass bad i have to go to galway today!!!???

rhondster wrote: »
    is the bypass bad i have to go to galway today!!!???

As long as you stay on the bypass you will be fine. In fact you wont even notice. Its just coming into the town that would cause the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

dayrih8r-donegalpost.jpg

• Advertisement

Oh dear oh dear... Someone has way too much time on their hands. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mossir

Appearently it was a bomb?

Yeah , all joking aside the fact that it was a viable explosive device is to say the least worrying. The fact that it was found on a public street where kids walk to school is even more worrying.

Lets hope that some security camera somewhere sheds some light on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

bomb squad just arrived
    Have they got their own bomb with them.

If they are the bomb squad then they must always have a bomb just in case there is no bomb at the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭IsItJustMeOr...

Yes we were with the intial topic and it's comical at times if you've the time to be a 'prime' reporter in the whole thing.

However, there is a time and place for taking the p*ss and the date that was in it, is not it.....

Have a little respect.... Just 'cause we're on a Donegal forum, doesn't mean we're all from Donegal!

Mods, I've seen people receiving an infraction or a temp ban for a heck of a lot less ..... When does diplomacy kick in?loljj.jpg[/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

I sure everyone here is thankful nobody got hurt and appreciate the seriousness of yesterdays events. We'll never forget the horrible events of 9/11 and I'm sure no disrespect was meant by any posts. Good to see we can have a wee laugh about our eventful day aswell.

Humour never killed anyone.

Lobster wrote: »
    I sure everyone here is thankful nobody got hurt and appreciate the seriousness of yesterdays events. We'll never forget the horrible events of 9/11 and I'm sure no disrespect was meant by any posts. QUOTE]

Was that in 99?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

blinding wrote: »
    Have they got their own bomb with them.

If they are the bomb squad then they must always have a bomb just in case there is no bomb at the scene.

They are not called a bomb squad,they are called Explosive Ordnance Disposal,no need for them to have bombs;)

The volume of work the EOD gets through is ridiculous,they do a great job.Glad nobody was hurt in this.What kind of scum would plant an explosive on a busy street:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

Lobster wrote: »
    I sure everyone here is thankful nobody got hurt and appreciate the seriousness of yesterdays events. We'll never forget the horrible events of 9/11 and I'm sure no disrespect was meant by any posts. QUOTE]

Was that in 99?

9/11 was 2001 if thats what you mean?

Advertisement