Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bomb scare donegal town

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

so anyone claim any responsibilty yet or was it just a random attack

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

No word yet.

It would be really scarey if it were a random attck.. I mean someone had to have the will and the knowledge to actually build a pipe bomb.. carry it down town and leave it in a doorway.

That is scarey

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Orion101

I'm really struggling to come up with a reasonable explanation as to who would do this and why. Not in the sense of, oh dear my beloved homestead has been attacked, the sky is falling, etc. (well that too I suppose). There's just no logic to it.

Every explanation seems to end up as a Tom Clancy or John Grisham style narrative...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Darr3nG

Orion101 wrote: »
    ... a reasonable explanation as to who would do this and why.

Disgruntled movie-buff in protest, demanding return of cinema to the locality. :D
    father_ted_001_003_002_0011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Darr3nG wrote: »
    Disgruntled movie-buff in protest, demanding return of cinema to the locality. :D
    father_ted_001_003_002_0011.jpg

but the cinema was on whats now the ulster bank site

:D

• Advertisement

You know when you are down town and you meet someone and the start off.."Did you hear...?" well apparently...

CCTV showed a guy in a hoodie place the device in the doorway in the middle of the night... light some kind of fuse and run like hell. A few minutes later a car is seen slowly passing the doorway. The same car then returns hoodie guy re-emerges and tries again to light fuse or whatever and car speeds of in the direction of Lidl roundabout.:eek:

So and so heard this from so and so who is a cousin of so and so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Any More news on this then

Here's a story from today's news which I found interesting

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1019/roscommon.html

2 Provincial Towns
    2 Towns in geographically the same quarter of the country
    2 Towns very rarely associated with bombs
    2 Pipe bombs
    2 Devices that fail to go off
    2 Premises selling property
    2 Alerts beginning at around 6.30am - 7.00am

Surely this is being considered slightly more than a coincidence.

If we were really into conspiracy theories I guess we could wonder at the following:

Donegal Incident - 11th September = 11 09 09 = 1+1+0+9+0+9= 20
    Roscommon Incident - 19th October = 19 10 09 = 1+9+1+0+0+9= 20

Wonder if anything will happen on 9th November ( 09 11 09)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

Id say expect alot more of those sort of attacks in the upcoming months, banks, building societies, estate agents, aucctioneers, slum landlords. People will feel as if they have nothing to lose... theres alot of poeple in this country whose backs are up against the wall now. 3-4 mortgages, all in negative equity, fortunes lost on over valued land and property. Investors feel as if they have been lied to; and they do have a fair point when you consider who funded the property supplements in the sunday papers for years.... Sherry Fitzgerald, Gunne, Remax etc. of course their going to tell you how extremely valuable your cardboard shoe-box in Mullingar is.

Sunday Times: "..thanks for the cheque Remax, you can print whatever you want now"

And all this was sanctioned by the financial regulator, and the government because they were making a huge killing on stamp duty (is it any wonder their expenses fund was as large as it is)

alot of very angry people out there

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

We are straying off topic here. Can we stick to issue at hand please.

• Advertisement
Advertisement