Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OSI maps on Garmin. Eire Discoverer announced

Options
  • 11-09-2009 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

http://garmin.blogs.com/uk/2009/09/complete-coverage-of-the-republic-of-ireland-available-with-garmin-eire-discoverer.html

"Global leader in personal satellite navigation Garmin is proud to announce the launch of a new series of the award-winning Garmin topographic maps. Garmin Eire Discoverer is the latest in the mapping range, offering full coverage of the Republic of Ireland.

These revolutionary new maps bring outdoor enthusiasts the opportunity to view a wider variety of highly detailed mapping from the Ordnance Survey of Ireland (OSi) map series, whilst navigating with turn-by-turn accuracy on the road network. "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Is this the "whole" of ireland or the areas that were covered by the old tailmaster cds?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Those prices are utterly ridiculous. Who will they be marketing this at, because it sure as hell can't be the average recreational hiker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

anyone try these yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

duckysauce wrote: »
    anyone try these yet?
    They don't appear to actually be on sale yet. The press release said mid-November, so it may be a short while yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Alun wrote: »
    They don't appear to actually be on sale yet. The press release said mid-November, so it may be a short while yet.

thanks santa might sort me out with them so :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

duckysauce wrote: »
    anyone try these yet?

Yep - Have had a few Oregon 300/400 models on trial for a couple of weeks with members of the DWMRT. Work very well indeed.... We'll have a (cursory) review up on the refreshed team site early next week.

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    Yep - Have had a few Oregon 300/400 models on trial for a couple of weeks with members of the DWMRT. Work very well indeed.... We'll have a (cursory) review up on the refreshed team site early next week.
    Sounds good .. will you give us a shout here when you put it up? I'm particularly interested in some screen shots at different zoom levels to see how well the raster imaging fares when zoomed in close. See page 23 of the manual on how to save screenshots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

I can probably go one better Alun. You busy this weekend? If not, I can probably get you one to play with for a couple of days, as long as you can scribble a piece for us by Monday :-)

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    I can probably go one better Alun. You busy this weekend? If not, I can probably get you one to play with for a couple of days, as long as you can scribble a piece for us by Monday :-)
    Sounds very tempting, but as it happens I'm going to be a bit tied up over the weekend I'm afraid.

Advertisement