Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paramore concert dec 12th anyone??:D

• 11-09-2009 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

anyone going to the paramore concert and excited as i am??:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I am, love the band....it wont be the regular room full of angry men for a change to its going to be weird haha. Too bad about the support though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I am indeed. Three tickets booked. Should be good. Who's the support (never expect greatness when it's an Irish gig - sometimes nicely surprised!)

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

wooo! really want to!! once i get some cash together soon :D hope tics arent sold out by then!:rolleyes:

Support is you me at six, god i detest that band with a passion. O well just means i get to grab a few beers before paramore plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

I got a text from O2, the priority ticket thing for this show. My response "Para who?" :D Great venue for a concert though I hope y'all enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

something i might have to go to.... i dont hate them (paramore), theyve a couple of catchy tracks

DOnt get me started on you me at six .............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

ah there support sucks:(..ill go just to see hayley shes mega hot:D:D

That indeed she is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Looking forward to this gig, haven't been to the O2 yet so it should be good! Not that fond of Ignorance however, and the support... *head in hands*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    Looking forward to this gig, haven't been to the O2 yet so it should be good! Not that fond of Ignorance however, and the support... *head in hands*

Have to say i do like 'Ignorance'...although every time that mini-solo is played I have a feeling that they're about to break into the part of Misery Business that comes after the mini-solo.

Kinda hoping they do an acoustic number or two after watching some clips on YouTube. Haley can sing!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Have to say i do like 'Ignorance'...although every time that mini-solo is played I have a feeling that they're about to break into the part of Misery Business that comes after the mini-solo.

Kinda hoping they do an acoustic number or two after watching some clips on YouTube. Haley can sing!

Completely - in my mind it sounds like a bit of a rewrite of 'Misery Business' with the chorus from 'Fences' shamelessly thrown in as well.

Their Live Lounge recordings are pretty impressive alright! Pity I'm not big on the Kings of Leon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Gonna buy ticket tommorow :) Don't think anyone I know likes them though... I'll be a loner probably

aye - she sure is!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

They were great last year in the RDS, might head up to see them again, shame about the support but its better than it was last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ninwilky

cant wait. and they'll be boasting stuff off the new album too =D

This thread needs more Hayley....34dkilz.jpg

indeed it does
    sooooo pwettttyyyyy

805732894a6077401622o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

What happened to the old Rock & Metal forum, if this thread was posted last year, the OP would have ripped to shreds (I actually dont mind Paramore at all, but you've changed forum, you've changed)

Fad wrote: »
    What happened to the old Rock & Metal forum, if this thread was posted last year, the OP would have ripped to shreds (I actually dont mind Paramore at all, but you've changed forum, you've changed)
    Cause Paramore are one of the few poppy bands i think metal heads actually like(or at least tolerate cause the front woman is so hot).

Its the same deal on the andy sneap ultimate metal forum, that place is usually strictly a metal recording forum but at the moment theres a paramore covers thread going and everyone seems to like em.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ninwilky

the drummer and guitarist are actually really talented in my opinion as opposed to other bands. hayley herself is an extremely talented singer too :)

• Advertisement

ninwilky wrote: »
    the drummer and guitarist are actually really talented in my opinion as opposed to other bands. hayley herself is an extremely talented singer too :)
    I do like zacks drumming alright, he may not be mike portnoy but his style is great i think. Josh is a fairly handy guitar player as well, he isn't your usual metal shredder but hes a solid player and composer.

Jeramy Davis the bassist is a lot more nifty than he shows, apparently when hes off the road he likes to play a lot of funk and tones down his playing to suit the music.He still manages to throw in a few bits and pieces here that most players in the genre wouldnt think of.

Hayleys a good singer I think but not unreal, sometimes live you can hear her struggle a bit. I dont know if this is because of a lack of ability or more along the lines that they toured so much since riot came out and her voice is therefore going to be stressed a lot.

And not forgetting taylor york, great rhythm player.

At the end of the day they really dont seem to be a phony made for mtv band (especially before they released decode), they can all play for real and write catchy tunes. On top of this Hayley being smoking hot gives metal heads the incentive to give the band a chance and i think its all these reasons why there tolerated.

Fad wrote: »
    I wasnt here last year :pac: but i get what you mean. I like heavy music and all, but a cute front woman and pseudo-rock/pop-rock sound combo like paramore have is sometimes likeable for the most metal of all metalheads on the metalist day of their metal-dependant lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 katie_X

im seriously likn ignorance!,..,
    nd heeey home star runner are the all time!,.:)
    them at oxegen and the fall out boy concert was v.tasty..esp the lead singer!;)
    i heard ts only seating tickets left??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sinead09

anyone got a standing ticket for sale?????
    theres only seating ones left:(

Youmeatsix are class aswel.,.,,.:L really wanna go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 katie_X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sinead09

Home Star Runner are unreal,..,.
    Roisin Dubh - 17th of oct.,., gotta be there!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

:( Sold out for standing. I didn't get any one to go with in time and now I can't go :(

Fukn O2, why so many seats?? Who sits at a rock concert??? Same as the Prodigy. No standing left. About 1/5 of the space is floor. Fcuk that. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

I'll be there. Just got there new album today. I like it but I don't think it's as good as Riot. There's not as many 'hits'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JadeLovesYou

Heyy im goin but hav no one to go with :(
    my mate was supose to get one n nevr did
    im standin n entrance 1
    anyone else same??

• Advertisement

Dunno as i dont have the ticket with me but looks like my mates after bailing on me too... O wells, still going to go like!

Advertisement