If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an price for upgrading

Options
  • 11-09-2009 10:48am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I have a Pioneer 507 plasma at the moment and I was thinking that current tvs probably have a lot to offer over mine. It's a brilliant TV and probably stands up to a lot of tvs even now but sometime you just get the itch to upgrade.

My criteria are:
    - Large screen - hopfully not smaller than the 50" I have
    - Excellent SD image, especially with sports/soccer. 1080p for the HD
    - Not too concerned with connections as everything will go through my amp
    - Looking for the best TV available at the moment
    - Happy to go LCD or Plasma. The LED lighting looks interesting - not sure of the availability of the 9704 especially in the larger screens
    - extended warrenty would be a bonus

thanks

Chris

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Hyzepher.

Pioneer screens are hard to upgrade from (In my opinion, I own a 42" Pioneer;)).

With that said the Philips 52PFL9664 is a fantastic screen and one for the finest on the market at present!

The review for the 42" version in What HiFi could a 5 star review:

Philips42PFL96642.jpg

I dont have a price on the 52" version at the moment but im sure that Ash will read this post and throw up a price to tempt you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Guys

Yep the 9664H range is pretty fantastic - just ask any of the Boardies that have scooped one up:)

The only downside is........they top out at 47" im afraid.

We have both 42 and 47" verisons on display running BR films
    Call on in and have a look.

Cheers
    Ash

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Is the 9704 coming in a 52"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi there

The 9704 range will max out at 46"

It looks GREAT though:)

There is the 56" Cinema 21:9 to consider.....................................

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.