Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet Student

Options
  • 11-09-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am a first year veterinary student trying to come to grips with the course.Not having studied biology to leaving cert I am finding it difficult. Are there any vet students from previous years who would be willing to help me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

Im not a vet student but I would strongly recommend you buy a leaving cert biology book if ya didnt do it for the LC. It might help a bit. Otherwise I would wait till I had a few lectures and then approach the lecturer, where you having problems, who would more than likely be willing to help you! Otherwise I always find study groups good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Ask for help at one of your coffee mornings with the 5th years, or whatever it is you vet people get up to. They should be pretty helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Hey,

Im in 4th yr vet, I did do biology for the LC, but as the other person said, I would advise getting your hands on the leaving cert biology book. Definitions and things are probably what you're missing....I know a few people in my year hadn't done biology and did find it hard, but they still managed to get through. Is it cell and molecular that you're struggling in- Torres sweeney ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 michangelo35

Many thanks for your replies and suggestions. Ado86 you understand exactly where I have the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

If you're finding the cell and molecular is hard, dont just leave it there. Make sure you work at it and get to grips with it early. Just a piece of advice, and dont worry...it's not overly important in the grand scheme of things. Think they just have to give some sort of course in basic biology becase we're deemed to be a science course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement