Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will we beat united

Options
  • 11-09-2009 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

anyone care to make predictions on this:

im a little wary of a united romp to be honest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

I wouldn't think it will be a romp tbh. Spurs are on form so should be well up for the game I'd like to think we'd get the win but I'm leaning toward a draw for some reason.

Will Krancjar be playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

id say keane will start on the left. kranjcar hasnt even met his new team mates until today. harry likes him though. i really think this is a match for crouch, palacious is only back today after 2 tough games and jet lag. not good. looks like bassong and king will b ready though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

no reason why we cant win...id take a draw though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Its a real Head V Heart Situation for me.

Heart is saying 1-0 or 2-1 maybe win

Head is screaming 3-0ish.

I just cant shake the feeling we are gonna crash back down to earth.

But in the interest of this thread I'm going for
    2-0 (Defoe & Bassong)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Spurs romp to a 2-0 victory...Defoe (of course) & Lennon!:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yes we can. Those of us knocking around Limerick, come to the Stillhouse for the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

0-1 to Man Utd
    Based on team news re Modric, Bassong and King

Hopefully I'm wrong.
    I never predict a Spurs win against top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

0-1 to Man Utd
    Based on team news re Modric, Bassong and King

Hopefully I'm wrong.
    I never predict a Spurs win against top 4.
    I always fancy them against big teams. Top 4 is when we really seem to up our game and add that to our form at the moment... Good feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

would like to see crouch start this one, i will go for a cagey 1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I thought at 2-1 with 20 mins left in the game we were looking good for a draw then we left Rooney in for a soft goal,for me we were well out of it in midfield when wilson was taken off Hudd and Jenas weren't at the races,but we had our chances though.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hmm, im going for 1-3 :)

i had a bad feelign about this match all week . but i thought at 2-1 we always had a chance , that was until hutton was brought on. the man just cannot play football. two games in a row now he has cost us goals. he did his best to stop us winning against birmingham and cost us the game yesterday

terrible decision by harry to bring him on and put him on rooney who was having the game of his life. why not leave corluka on, take off keane, move lennon to left as evra was keeping him too quiet and being on bentley on the right who could always swing one in for crouch .

we were beaten on the day but shouldnt have been really. we coudl have had a draw except for the introduction of hutton .the man has to be dropped!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ouch, that result hurt. I was full sure that we'd give them a run for their money as I really don't consider their midfield to be all that any more. I only saw the highlights on 101greatgoals but some of our defending was pretty bad, especially for Rooney's goal.

I'm still gutted by it and won't come across any Utd fans until around 9am, which will be great fun I'm sure. Still, I'd rather we were brought back down to earth by a team like Utd than a Burnley or Stoke. Another very tough game coming up this weekend but then a run of 4 games that I'd hope we can get back on form for.

Nobody mentioning the blatant foul by Vidic on Lennon that should have seen us with at least an edge of the area free kick?

Utd. get the benefit again of poor refereeing...:mad:

bolt = to be honest with that free you are talking about. lennon got the pass away and if defoe was alert he would have scored. he didnt expect the pass and was late to the ball. advantage was played

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Bit of a reality check. Well beaten i thought.

mickman wrote: »
    bolt = to be honest with that free you are talking about. lennon got the pass away and if defoe was alert he would have scored. he didnt expect the pass and was late to the ball. advantage was played

Aye, and if the ref had any balls he would have seen no advantage accrued and given the free....bastards....

And I must admit that 'a bit of a reality check' is getting on me tits...

but bolt the advantage was played and received. defoe was clear but he messed up. thats his fault, not the refs

Advertisement