Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Night in Town

Options
  • 11-09-2009 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Did anyone see them...?? no more than 16 years old at the most.....did you see the cut of them.....the "dress" of them......
    sickening. The Parents should be located, charged and put away.
    DISGUSTING.
    (them = the gangs of junior cert girls out in town last night)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, what a nation of little tramps we are producing.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I was in the shop up the street from me and a bunch of them asked me to buy them drink, and I wasnt the first person they'd asked either, it looked like a national hookers convention was in town*

*may be jealous they didnt dress like that when I did my JC

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Some people might refer to it as "Jailbait"

I cannot understand how their parents let them out dressed like that and it would be disingenuous to think they change when they leave the house so their parents do not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Liam79 wrote: »
    Did anyone see them...?? no more than 16 years old at the most.....did you see the cut of them.....the "dress" of them......
    sickening. The Parents should be located, charged and put away.
    DISGUSTING.
    (them = the gangs of junior cert girls out in town last night)

Problem is they probably got ready in a friends house/ got changed again when they left the house. It is sickening to see the amount of girls who think dressing like that is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Berty wrote: »
    Some people might refer to it as "Jailbait"

I cannot understand how their parents let them out dressed like that and it would be disingenuous to think they change when they leave the house so their parents do not know.

here ye go.
    GARDAI are investigating a horrific rape in the city centre on Wednesday
    night in which a young girl was dragged into an alleyway and attacked by a number of males.

The incident took place between 11pm and 11.30pm in Augustinian Lane, just off Catherine Street, at approximately the same time that several Junior Cert discos that had been taking place in the city were finishing.

Gardai believe that between two and three men attacked the victim on the street and forced her into the laneway.

The scene at Augustinian Lane was sealed off on Thursday morning ahead of a full examination by Garda technical teams.

The victim, who is understood to have suffered a number of injuries in the attack, was taken to the sexual assault treatment unit at the University College Hospital, Cork.

Inspector John O'Reilly of Henry Street garda station said that gardai intend to examine CCTV footage taken in the Catherine Street and Thomas Street areas at the time of the attack, and that officers are particularly keen to speak to anyone who may have been in the area between 10.45pm and 11.45pm.

"This is a serious sexual assault, involving between two and three males, and we're looking to speak to anyone have may have seen or heard anything at the time."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thats fairly horrific

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    here ye go.
    FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It is another scary example of some of the sick animals that prowl the streets here in Limerick.

While I agree with many that we had children, and that is what they are, dressed like hookers all over the city on Wednesday night, being dressed the way they were is no excuse for the animals that attacked that girl.

While a knee jerk reaction may be "oh well she was looking for it", it is the wrong reaction. Our culture may be wrong in that the only way that children think to celebrate exams is to dress that way and get drunk, it is not the reason why animals are on the street.

The only thing that girl did wrong, if you can call it that, was to out in an adult world when rapists were looking for an easy target.

The animals that did that to a young girl should not see the light of day again in my eyes. If a person is found guilty of such a crime, then it should be a life sentence with no early release crap, and no being kept safe fromthe general prison population either.

Another scary thing about it is that it will not change people's views on junior cert/leaving cert celebrations, next year we will see the same amount of children dressed the same way and just as drunk, and just as tempting a target for the sickos.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

These guys should be castrated and subsequently flogged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

These guys should be castrated and subsequently flogged.

Agreed. And if the person raped was a young one out for the Junior Cert night, her parents should be re-educated on what their parenting responsibilities are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

There was a gaggle of them outside Goosers in Corbally that night, dunno what they were doing, where they were going but it was the saddest thing i have seen in a long long time.
    i absolutely agree that their dressing like that does not in any way dilute the guilt of the attacker of that girl, BUT, if she at 15 was NOT dressed like that, she would most likely not have been attacked. Its not excusing the scum cretin sadists who perpetrated this act, not for a second, hang him high I say, but gilrs that age should not be allowed put them selves in a position to have these creeps see them as potential victims. And again...the Parents.....they are the worst offenders of all :mad:
    and whats with girls barely old enough to watch a 15's movie seeing fit to take off their knickers going into clubs???!!!!:(
    When i was a teenager the "peer pressure fashion" was Juice jeans, Naf Jackets and Xworx tops.......what the hell has happened since.....

Is this really Britneys fault??!!!

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

jmccoy wrote: »
    Agreed. And if the person raped was a young one out for the Junior Cert night, her parents should be re-educated on what their parenting responsibilities are.
    According to the news report on 95fm it was a 16yo girl.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

the usual whispers around town have already started......
    no one ele saw it...no one heard anything....etc etc etc :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

koth wrote: »
    According to the news report on 95fm it was a 16yo girl.

They seem to know an awful lot about it..........

Liam79 wrote: »
    the usual whispers around town have already started......
    no one ele saw it...no one heard anything....etc etc etc :mad:

Nobody sees anything in Limerick. Nobody hears anything.

Then when it happens to themselves or someone they know, they are up in arms over it.

Of course ringing the Gardai when you do actually see something often goes nowhere as I found out last Saturday night, when I had to ring Roxboro station three times and got no car out. Despite ringing them back to say there was a problem.

Got a broken car mirror for my own troubles, as I went out to make it obvious I could see who was trying to force my neighbours house window, thanks for not bothering Gardai.

Went in on Sunday Morning to the Garda station and was told the garda in question was not there and when I asked about making a complaint, I did not get a friendly response.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Kess73 wrote: »
    Nobody sees anything in Limerick. Nobody hears anything.

Then when it happens to themselves or someone they know, they are up in arms over it.

Of course ringing the Gardai when you do actually see something often goes nowhere as I found out last Saturday night, when I had to ring Roxboro station three times and got no car out. Despite ringing them back to say there was a problem.

Got a broken car mirror for my own troubles, as I went out to make it obvious I could see who was trying to force my neighbours house window, thanks for not bothering Gardai.

Went in on Sunday Morning to the Garda station and was told the garda in question was not there and when I asked about making a complaint, I did not get a friendly response.
    ombudsman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Look let them have their night out,dress a bit slutty but i was shocked by no garda prescence on o connell st wed night when there was 100's of them wandering around

zuroph wrote: »
    ombudsman.

Yes, if I had any faith in the system, which I do not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭mormank

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, what a nation of little tramps we are producing.

Hmm..good to know i have something to look forward to when i finally get back there!!! :p (dont worry, they will be all grown up by the time im back!!)

*gets his coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

zuroph wrote: »
    ombudsman.

You mean Joe Duffy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

garda presence sadly lacking on Wed night. I was in town 3 times Wed night
    (6.30pm, 7.30 and again at 11pm) between drop offs and collections and didn't see a single garda between Patrick St, William, Catherine or O'Connell St. When disco in Teds finished (11pm) hundreds of teens milling around - all in good behaviour mind you, again not a single garda visible. where in god's name were they. There should have been patrols up and down the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,312 ✭✭✭✭phog

oh well wrote: »
    garda presence sadly lacking on Wed night. I was in town 3 times Wed night
    (6.30pm, 7.30 and again at 11pm) between drop offs and collections and didn't see a single garda between Patrick St, William, Catherine or O'Connell St. When disco in Teds finished (11pm) hundreds of teens milling around - all in good behaviour mind you, again not a single garda visible. where in god's name were they. There should have been patrols up and down the town.

Actually, at work on Thursday I commented on the exact opposite, I tought there was a reasonable garda presence, though I wasn't around after 10.

I was passing Teds at around 7.30 as well and saw one of the security guys walking along a line of girls and taking a bottle of "coke" from one of them and emptying it on the ground, the coke looked very diluted :). fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Junior Cert night in Teds. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I was working in the vicinity where the rape took place on Wed nite, and throughout the whole nite, there was a right scummy crowd of young lads milling around outside O'Riadas pub. These guys were up to no good. I dont believe for a second that there was not a single witness to this crime. My guess is that it was down the quieter Catherine St side of Augustinian Lane. Anyone walking down Catherine St would have heard the young girls screams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Hopefully some good will come of this incident and girls will think twice before leaving the house dresses as sluts..

grenache wrote: »
    I was working in the vicinity where the rape took place on Wed nite, and throughout the whole nite, there was a right scummy crowd of young lads milling around outside O'Riadas pub. These guys were up to no good. I dont believe for a second that there was not a single witness to this crime. My guess is that it was down the quieter Catherine St side of Augustinian Lane. Anyone walking down Catherine St would have heard the young girls screams.

That's only if she was able to scream, she may have been threatened with worse if she screamed by the cowardly animals that attacked her.

I hope those that did this are old enough to have their names and faces put in the paper if they get caught. So that this kind of vermin can be known so that other young women do not have to have the same fate.

I would have no sympathy if they were to meet with some accident or another after what they did to that girl, by that I mean in a karma kind of way where they crash a car into a wall or fall into a river or something like a gangland shooting where one piece of scum knocks off another worthless piece of scum.

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Hopefully some good will come of this incident and girls will think twice before leaving the house dresses as sluts..

The girl may or may not have been dressed in a risque manner, but that should have no bearing on what she has suffered. Those sick animals that did this would have gotten someone else if not her, and may have done so before as well.

While I do not agree with Junior cert kids going out getting legless to celebrate, it could just as easily have been a 26 yo woman dressed in a risque manner that got attacked or a woman dressed in a conservative manner.

The clothes did not cause the attack, it was the sick minds of the scum that attacked the girl that caused it. If caught they need proper prison time for this and no early release crap. At some point the legal system has to send out a message to scum who commit crimes like this that they are getting locked away for a long time for what they do.

My own view is a rapist who is caught, and proven beyond any doubt to have done the rape, should be chemically castrated, and repeat rapists, those who got away through reasonable dount the first time they were caught but then got caught again, should get the same. We should also have a very public sex offenders list for these scum.

I only have the above view as there is no chance of the death penalty being brought in for these animals. As far as I am concerned they have no human rights after they showed none to their victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

No suspects questioned in alleged city sex attack
    >Inquiry is 'almost complete' say gardai > CCTV footage of 16-year old 'excellent'

Anne Sheridan

Gardai inquiries into an alleged rape of a teenager in Limerick City on the night of the junior Certificate results are "almost complete"
    No suspects has been questioned in relation to the case however a file is expected to be sent to the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions in the coming weeks.
    Gardai at henry street station confirmed that CCTV footage from the area near the Augustinian Lane, just off Catherine Street, has been obtained.
    A garda source said the footage is "excellent" and the 16-year old girl who was allegedly raped can be clearly identified in the film.
    However it hasn't been confirmed whether the two to three males who allegedly committed the act can be viewed in the footage.
    It had been alleged that the young girl was dragged into the alleyway and attacked by a number of males between 11pm and 11.30pm, at approximately the same time that several junior cert discos that had been taking place in the city were finishing.
    The victim was taken to the sexual assault treatment unit at the University College Hospital, Cork.

Limerick Chronicle, Tuesday 15 September, 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

foinse wrote: »
    i love how earlier in the thread people were saying sick whispers were starting that no1 saw it happen etc... will those people retract if it comes out that she made it up? From what I've heard, she can be seen entering the alleyway of her own free will on the cctv. Now that may be false info, but I'll keep an open mind til the evidence comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

That laneway is well lit from any time ive been to mickey martins even on the mollys o riadas side so strange choice for a rape

Advertisement