Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Night in Town

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

zuroph wrote: »
    i love how earlier in the thread people were saying sick whispers were starting that no1 saw it happen etc... will those people retract if it comes out that she made it up? From what I've heard, she can be seen entering the alleyway of her own free will on the cctv. Now that may be false info, but I'll keep an open mind til the evidence comes out.

I presume I am one of the people you are talking about.

My comment was that in Limerick nobody ever seems to see or hear anything when something happens. It was a sweeping comment about crime in general in this city

Examples of this would be the rugby player shot dead in Kilteragh and Roy Collins shot in broad daylight and in either case nobody sees or hears a shooting.

I made no comment saying there were sick whispers just relating to this case. My comments on this case was that if the girl was raped that those who did it should be harshly punished and I won't retract anything about saying that any rapists should be punished.

And as for keeping an open mind, nobody has been caught or charged so there is no person being blamed for it at present.

Having seen two people I know in this city suffer from attacks from an animal, I have no tolerence for rape or the sub human scum that does it, especially as it often seems a taboo subject in this so called modern society to talk about it. I accept that it is an emotive subject, but I will never accept any excuse from a person who gets found guilty of it.

And if a person makes up that they were attacked I would be just as quick to vilify a person who would use the pretense of such an attack to blacken another person's name. I would go as far as to say that anyone who makes up attacks should do time as well.

That laneway is well lit from any time ive been to mickey martins even on the mollys o riadas side so strange choice for a rape

No offence, but rape is not something that only happens in dark quiet laneways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

i didnt say other wise but that laneway is lit up pretty well,there is plenty of darker areas around that part of town.Im sure mickeys,aubars,o riadas and that school down that lane all have good cctv

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Liam79 wrote: »
    the usual whispers around town have already started......
    no one ele saw it...no one heard anything....etc etc etc :mad:
    This is the one i was talking about Kess.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Having seen two people I know in this city suffer from attacks from an animal, I have no tolerence for rape or the sub human scum that does it, especially as it often seems a taboo subject in this so called modern society to talk about it. I accept that it is an emotive subject, but I will never accept any excuse from a person who gets found guilty of it.

And if a person makes up that they were attacked I would be just as quick to vilify a person who would use the pretense of such an attack to blacken another person's name. I would go as far as to say that anyone who makes up attacks should do time as well.

Likewise, knowing people who have been raped, I despise the scum responsible.
    On the other hand, many years ago I was dating a girl for a month when it turned out she'd forgotten to dump her ex. :rolleyes: lie after lie was spun by her when he figured it all out, finishing ultimately in her claiming to him that i had raped her. He got in the car and drove to find me in a rage. Only for the intervention of a close mutual friend, who got him to come talk to her before hunting me down, I'd be dead right now. She gave him the proof needed to show that I was innocent, and that his gf was lying.
    My story isnt uncommon, and until the evidence is out in open, people should resist the urge to round up the mob and start shouting for castrations and the like. This forum jumps to conclusions far too often, and points the finger of blame in the wrong direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

i didnt say other wise but that laneway is lit up pretty well,there is plenty of darker areas around that part of town.Im sure mickeys,aubars,o riadas and that school down that lane all have good cctv

AFAIK,there are no cameras in that lane..well,there wasnt a few years ago neway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭adaminho

There are numerous cameras on that side of the lane not counting Mickeys side. Also Catherine street and possibly Ersons lane also have CCtv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

If it is the case that she made it up as seems increasingly likely then she should be dealt with with as much contempt as the would be rapist would have been :mad:

Likewise, knowing people who have been raped, I despise the scum responsible.
    On the other hand, many years ago I was dating a girl for a month when it turned out she'd forgotten to dump her ex. :rolleyes: lie after lie was spun by her when he figured it all out, finishing ultimately in her claiming to him that i had raped her. He got in the car and drove to find me in a rage. Only for the intervention of a close mutual friend, who got him to come talk to her before hunting me down, I'd be dead right now. She gave him the proof needed to show that I was innocent, and that his gf was lying.
    My story isnt uncommon, and until the evidence is out in open, people should resist the urge to round up the mob and start shouting for castrations and the like. This forum jumps to conclusions far too often, and points the finger of blame in the wrong direction.

Well I stand by my chemical castration comment. There is a scarily large number of repeat offenders in this country for both rape and child molestation, and I do think that it should be the punishment for them.

In the case of the people I know, it was the same guy in both cases, and he was brought to court and he did admit what he did, and he did get to walk out of the court afterwards with a suspended sentence and having to pay compensation as his punishments. Plus he did try intimidation afterwards. Great to see what happens when the convicted person is the nephew of a Limerick businessperson with influence.

He even tried to get restraining orders against his second victim's father and I, as we were the two who walked in on it and saw her with her face all bashed and him on top of her. Thankfully he did not get that request as the judge ruled that while I may have been a bit "energetic" in how I stopped it, that it was concern that caused my reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Reading between the lines of the article that i posted yesterday, nobody has been questioned in relation to it. Gardai have the CCTV and are preparing a file for the DPP, would lead me to believe that it was made up.

If she did make it up then she should be prosecuted for making a false complaint, It's a big waste of manpower, and time for the Gardai and the HSE to deal with bogus complaints of this nature. but even if any action is taken, because she's 16, she'd need to be considered for JLO which is a joke considering the seriousness of the allegation.

and before anybody (zuroph who likes to point out what i do for a living) asks, no i have no information on this other than whats in the public domain. I found out about this through this site and not through work.

• Advertisement

i never pointed a finger specifically at you good sir. IIRC there was a few people on the thread you speak of who i was pointing fingers at, without using names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

foinse wrote: »
    Reading between the lines of the article that i posted yesterday, nobody has been questioned in relation to it. Gardai have the CCTV and are preparing a file for the DPP, would lead me to believe that it was made up.

Given that the statement said the only person they've identified on the CCTV footage is the girl herself, and they are sending a file to the DPP, then it seems likely that she is the one in that file.

If she did make it up then she should be prosecuted for making a false complaint, It's a big waste of manpower, and time for the Gardai and the HSE to deal with bogus complaints of this nature.[/QUOTE]

Worse again is that false claims like this make it harder for real victims to come forward, for fear they'll be labeled a liar too. Someone who lies about being raped is every bit as bad as a rapist. Once that allegation is made against someone, it can ruin their life, and may never be retracted. Similarly, false claims breed doubt about the real claims, resulting in real victims being thought of as having made it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

listern guys ffs stop saying this was made up.....................

listen no suspects are found yet but it doesnt mean it didnt happen. if and im only saying if it is a false claim then we should put her in the stockade:D

but right now this is and should be treated as an actual rape and lets not forget that poor 16year old!!!!!!!!!!!!!! child that must be going through an awful time right now because she wont know if her friends and family believe her or not. seriously thso animals that did this.............. there is no difference between them and the scum that set fire to the car with the 2 kids a couple years back

lets not stone the victim just because the accused has not been brought to the publics attention yet!!!!!!!!!!

we dont need people slagging this young girl right now

anybody found doing so should be banned from the boards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paulegend wrote: »
    listern guys ffs stop saying this was made up.....................

listen no suspects are found yet but it doesnt mean it didnt happen. if and im only saying if it is a false claim then we should put her in the stockade:D

but right now this is and should be treated as an actual rape and lets not forget that poor 16year old!!!!!!!!!!!!!! child that must be going through an awful time right now because she wont know if her friends and family believe her or not. seriously thso animals that did this.............. there is no difference between them and the scum that set fire to the car with the 2 kids a couple years back

lets not stone the victim just because the accused has not been brought to the publics attention yet!!!!!!!!!!

we dont need people slagging this young girl right now

anybody found doing so should be banned from the boards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    or we could treat it as an alleged attack and not presume theres a guilty party either, and wait for the evidence?

or we could treat it as an alleged attack and not presume theres a guilty party either, and wait for the evidence?

if your daughter came home one night crying and told you she was raped would you say its alleged or would you believe her?

now i have no prob if you wanna say its alleged but i do have a problem with people claiming its a false acusation

after all if this turns out that she is right then is everyone saying she is lying making a false acusation??????????????

dude at the end of the day it is a little girl

Paulegend wrote: »
    if your daughter came home one night crying and told you she was raped would you say its alleged or would you believe her?

now i have no prob if you wanna say its alleged but i do have a problem with people claiming its a false acusation

after all if this turns out that she is right then is everyone saying she is lying making a false acusation??????????????

dude at the end of the day it is a little girl
    I havent said she's lying, I've said people need to step back from rounding up the posse just yet. likewise, saying its false is wrong yet too. but the newspaper article hints in that direction.

If its true, its a horrible thing to happen an innocent little girl
    Its its false, Its a horrible thing for a supposedly innocent little girl to say and accuse someone of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I'd be amazed if it was true, the subtext of the various articles about it clearly suggest it's a made-up story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Paul, if the incident was caught on CCTV, then the press release would have said so, and also said that the gardai were following a definite line of inquiry and would have made no mention of the DPP. The press release instead says that she is visible entering the laneway and that nobody is being questioned in relation to the incident and a file is being prepared for the DPP.

You're right on one thing, If I had a daughter and this happened to her, i would personally castrate the bastard with a rusty spoon.

However reading the newspapers it would appear that the allegation is false.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭burner2009

it was disgraceful espicall 23 people hostipalised after a disco wen i got my results it was a quiet night but there was no need for it

Paul, if the incident was caught on CCTV, then the press release would have said so, and also said that the gardai were following a definite line of inquiry and would have made no mention of the DPP. The press release instead says that she is visible entering the laneway and that nobody is being questioned in relation to the incident and a file is being prepared for the DPP.

You're right on one thing, If I had a daughter and this happened to her, i would personally castrate the bastard with a rusty spoon.

well i def agree that from the news articles it sounds like a short tale but its kinda bad to be slagging her off before anything is proven or not proven.

and yea i think we all would castrate the muppet if it happened to our daughters. just said it to make people realise what her parents aswell must be going through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

also I noticed the word "alleged" mentioned alot. This is also a give away.

Advertisement