Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Static X

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

i remember someone sending me wisconsin death trip from the states years ago and i listened too it aaa lot, black and white was a great tune too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

I saw them at the download festival in Donnington this year and they're really good live too.
    Waynes hair is mad looking :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

saw them ten yrs ago in the states. Great live band. Fave track in december from wdt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

They played Download? Hmm, must have been watching someone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Good band, not amazing,just pretty good. Wisconsin Death Trip,Cannibal and Cult Of Static are my favourites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I loved Machine but I haven't really been impressed with much of their other stuff.

They do score bonus points for Wayne's rockin' hair :)

Wayne-Static-Hair-hair-381917_141_250.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

They supported Down in June for couple of shows in the Academy. Good band. I met them after the show, really nice guys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    They supported Down in June for couple of shows in the Academy. Good band. I met them after the show, really nice guys :D

Short but sweet set, really enjoyed them, id say i was a fan just not a really big fan. Mind you their latest album got more than a few spins , loved it.

Z-28 and Terror-fied are great songs, from that.

They played black and white at the down show in the academy and i'm with stoopid which are 2 of my favorites.

Got me a nice Tshirt at the show with "a decade of evil disco" written on it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Some band, love machine,shadow zone and cannibal the best. Is trip out of prison yet does anyone know(not that id want him back in the band).

Patricide wrote: »
    Some band, love machine,shadow zone and cannibal the best. Is trip out of prison yet does anyone know(not that id want him back in the band).

No he was put back in the slammer for a parole violation.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Got too near to a creche did he? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

calex71 wrote: »
    According to here he's due out on October 19th.
    Got too near to a creche did he? :p
    Quite possibly, he's certainly got issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Chaosangel

jaysus havent thought of these in a while,machine is a great album,must give it a listen again,saw them support korn in the point some year,very good,got to see the dirty bastard himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

First two albums, amazing. The latest one (Cannibal?), that was pretty rockin as well. But surprised that Brux didn't at least have B&W! Hmm. Haven't been in there in a while, knew it was slipping.

If it was the baldy fella he only plays power metal and that sort of crap I'm not really in to. Aw.

chin_grin wrote: »
    First two albums, amazing. The latest one (Cannibal?), that was pretty rockin as well. But surprised that Brux didn't at least have B&W! Hmm. Haven't been in there in a while, knew it was slipping.

If it was the baldy fella he only plays power metal and that sort of crap I'm not really in to. Aw.
    Cult of static was there latest one, thought it was a bit boring myself but it had a few great tracks, cannibal is one great album for sure thought!

Cult of static was there latest one, thought it was a bit boring myself but it had a few great tracks, cannibal is one great album for sure thought!

Ah no, Cannibal was the one I was talking about then! I think "Reptile" and "Goat" are the only two tracks on it I don't like.

Bruxelles DJ doesn't have Korn either :( He tole me that if I brought in a CD of songs I want he'd play it. haha!

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Bruxelles DJ doesn't have Korn either :( He tole me that if I brought in a CD of songs I want he'd play it. haha!

Korn!? Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he was just yankin yer chain! :pac: Haven't heard them played in Brux in the last five years. Even on the jukebox.

Although it might be a turning point in the conversation to say that I'm pretty sure that Statix X are Industrial Metal and absolutely nothing along the lines of Nu Metal (that Korn are).

Korn!? Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he was just yankin yer chain! :pac: Haven't heard them played in Brux in the last five years. Even on the jukebox.

Although it might be a turning point in the conversation to say that I'm pretty sure that Statix X are Industrial Metal and absolutely nothing along the lines of Nu Metal (that Korn are).

I always play Korn on the jukebox. :D I play whatever songs I like. Especially stuff that gets the metal heads grumbling and looking at me!

Static X are neither, they are evil disco .... well at least thats what my tshirt says :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Rockettmeister

****ing love this band, they're awesome industrial pop metal and Wayne Static is a ****ing dude

Advertisement