Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

just seen the line up,not amazing but still worth goin for!

was wondering if anyone here got in before if they were under 17?
    ill be turnin 17 two frickin days before it!:mad:

replys needed asap before i go out and buy tickets!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

storm2811 wrote: »

If you're under 17 you just need an adult to sign you in. I've seen U17s just ask random people in the queue to sign them in, most will oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Lineup is kinda lame, but I rarely go for the headliners

Hope the Ting Tings are back, they put on a great show

Defo goin though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

storm2811 wrote: »

You shouldn't have a problem tbh.
    Looking forward to this, obviously the organisers can never please everyone but there is some very decent acts playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

€250 me hole!

Only a couple of decent bands there. Think it's time they started calling this a pop festival because its connection to rock n roll has become loose to say the least.

Rock am Ring and Rockness for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 El Futurismo

Only a few acts I really want to see, but there's plenty of others that I'll go to anyway. How does everyone know what day bands are playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

The day the music died ! cant believe the line up :( they advertise it as a rock n roll festival but not one but two [EMAIL="R@B"]R@B[/EMAIL] acts as headliners shows where the future of festivals has headed , im not against different genre of music performing at festivals but this is a new begining! Black eyed peas will also be high up the bill im sure ,they will defo sell alot of tics this year as organisers have clearly targeted main stream chart as a method of success , personally I would of loved a couple more big name rock bands which I do not see coming in the next round! The Strokes or Artic Monkeys would of been great. I also worry about security this year as Eminem will be sure to attract trouble makers I may well be wrong but im seeing alot of peroxide blonds with baseball caps running around causing trouble! I personally would go see him but I do think the festival is missing that something special , I think Jay Z did not prove himself at glastonbury and people are trying to convince themselves he did . I really do think we need a couple more special acts to make this year amazing but I think thats not going to happen sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

This is the best lineup I have seen for Oxegen since Witnness started.

Apart from the multitudes of scumbags it will attract I would almost go myself.

Might pop down anyway but it'll depend on cashflow at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

fair play, some lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm not an Oxegen fan but that is a pretty good lineup if you like that kinda thing.

Saw Muse in 2004 so I recommend them, although I'm not a fan, I respect them. Also saw the Black Eyed Pea's that year too. And Faithless come to think about it (having said that I couldn't bear to watch much of them)
    Ron DMC wrote: »
    Apart from the multitudes of scumbags it will attract I would almost go myself..

Eminem, cannot comment too much, although there'll be a lot of happy faces (or at least happy knackers*) descending upon Kildare this year

Jay Z will also bring in the punters...the only band on that lineup I'd go to see in concert is Wolfmother and possibly the Stereophonics

*I'd like to point out that I don't believe everyone who likes Eminem is a knacker, but in my experience, some of his fans are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

since when has oxegen not attracted scumbags?????:)

anyway im just delighted muse are there, they are great live but it isnt much of a rock festival kasabian maybe should be headliners aswell, eminem:rolleyes: thats one clown i wont be seeing

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

HOT CHIP, STEVE ANGELLO, SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO, EROL ALKAN, STEVE AOKI, A-TRAK, AEROPLANE

That's my line up...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

not one but two [EMAIL="R@B"]R@B[/EMAIL] acts as headliners
    Who the **** thinks Eminem and Jay-Z are R&B artists??
    I think Jay Z did not prove himself at glastonbury and people are trying to convince themselves he did.
    Were you there? I wasn't, I'm just going by the overwhelmingly positive reviews he got from media and Glastonbury fans alike.

As for those thinking the place is going to be full of scumbags this year because of Eminem, you really need to cop on to yourselves. There are scumbags there every year - this is Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    As for those thinking the place is going to be full of scumbags this year because of Eminem, you really need to cop on to yourselves. There are scumbags there every year - this is Ireland.

Nuff said!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 El Futurismo

We can all agree that there are scumbags there every year, but I definitely think that there will be a big increase this year. It's like an extra incentive for them to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

robz18 wrote: »
    Erol Alkan
    Fake Blood
    Four Tet

That's all I'd go see from that line up :(

I don't see any mention of Fake Blood in the line up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

well looks like the rock side of the oxygen festival is finally gone :( and i was actually considering going this year :( muse the only real stand out act there :( wonder how many shams will be there though

electric picnic all the way it looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

no ian brown:mad:

yet......

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"The greatest rock & roll weekend ever"

More like

"The greatest knacker infested field of twats ever"

Maybe our cries for extermination of scumbags has been answered and they just needed to try and get them there at the one place. Good plan Oxegen. Good plan.

It's a good line up if you're into that sort of music. I like Jay-Z and I can bare Eminem but they really need to add more rock bands to that lineup.

No doubt that Kasabian will probably be the second last band on stage before Muse.

Good to see Rise Against playing there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I'd nearly consider getting a day ticket as I'd love to see The Prodigy (for the third time), and Faithless as well. Muse would be worth a look also.

• Advertisement

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    I'd nearly consider getting a day ticket as I'd love to see The Prodigy (for the third time), and Faithless as well. Muse would be worth a look also.

I've seen Muse and The Prodigy before. Both at Oxegen.

Unfortunately the sound wasn't the best for The Prodigy but I made the most of it and I thought they were pretty good.

Muse were just epic. Amazing stage put out for them and add that to their music and it's a massive spectacle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

That_Guy wrote: »
    I've seen Muse and The Prodigy before. Both at Oxegen.

Unfortunately the sound wasn't the best for The Prodigy but I made the most of it and I thought they were pretty good.

Muse were just epic. Amazing stage put out for them and add that to their music and it's a massive spectacle.

I saw The Prodigy in the Marquee Cork and the 02 Dublin.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lineup.jpg

They have Muse,Eminem and Kasabian as headliners.

Maybe we will have Muse/BEP , Eminem/Jay Z and Kasabian/Prodigy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

"The greatest knacker infested field of twats ever"

FFS, enough with this stereotyping. I like Eminem - does that make me a knacker? Plenty of these "scumbags" will be going for The Prodigy, Kasabian and Faithless among others.

Only in Ireland and the UK is Eminem associated with chavs/scumbags.

Please God let them announce Brand New.

FFS, enough with this stereotyping. I like Eminem - does that make me a knacker? Plenty of these "scumbags" will be going for The Prodigy, Kasabian and Faithless among others.

Only in Ireland and the UK is Eminem associated with chavs/scumbags.

Eh........

I never called you or any other poster a knacker at all. I'm just pointing out the type of people that this year's lineup will attract.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Eh........

I never called you or any other poster a knacker at all. I'm just pointing out the type of people that this year's lineup will attract.

I think that's very true

And I must have missed Prodigy because now I'm even more convinced that this will be a scumbag fest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

happy with kasabian muse sterophonics vamp weekend florence the coral prodigy calvin harris and nutini . bep emienem jay z cudnt give a toss der not rock n roll man and i dont wana b watching dem surronded by 14 year old girls gee eyed on e nd vodka falling all over d place.

now for a bit of ian brown and chemical bros and dat b classic

I think that's very true

And I must have missed Prodigy because now I'm even more convinced that this will be a scumbag fest

It's always attracted a good few trouble makers but it'll attract a lot more I think than previous years. Eminem will be massive seeing as he failed to show up the last time at Slane.

I'm all for change and broadening out the lineup so in a way it's good but personally I think there'll be too many troublemakers at Eminem and Jay-Z and it'd really discourage me from going to see them.

Would like a bit of metal there myself. Never really any there. Although that in itself would also bring a lot of troublemakers too.

Can't really win. Fair play though to MCD for taking another chance with Eminem and for bagging a few great artists. Looking forward to seeing Mumford & Sons myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

il be disapointed if kasabian dont get a headline slot

Advertisement