Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

T in the Park looks quality.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

aflib wrote: »
    il be disapointed if kasabian dont get a headline slot

I'd say they will. Oxegen usually follows the T in the Park format.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'd say they will. Oxegen usually follows the T in the Park format.

Except in 2008 where KOL only headlined at Oxegen but was under REM when they were at TITP.

I hope Kasabian do get a headline slot as they have been unreal everytime ive seen them since 2006 and get better each time

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

sure it remains to be seen i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Except in 2008 where KOL only headlined at Oxegen but was under REM when they were at TITP.

I hope Kasabian do get a headline slot as they have been unreal everytime ive seen them since 2006 and get better each time

true id be very dissapointed if they dont have a headline slot and it goes to a tosser like eminem r jay z , im hoping they give us a sneek peak of a song of there 4th album.

hopefully black eyed peas play durin d daytime like gaga did last year (to b honest id rather see 4 puffs and a piano instead)

im also hoping sterophonics dont clash with any one im hoping to see

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    I saw The Prodigy in the Marquee Cork and the 02 Dublin.

The 02 was a great gig,sound was top notch. As for the line up not happy with BEP. . Really happy with Muse,The Prodigy,Florence,Vampire Weekend and Faithless. Was hoping to see Pendulm,Deadmau5,30 Seconds To mars,Blink 182...hopefully more announcements will come.

ricero wrote: »
    true id be very dissapointed if they dont have a headline slot and it goes to a tosser like eminem r jay z , im hoping they give us a sneek peak of a song of there 4th album.

hopefully black eyed peas play durin d daytime like gaga did last year (to b honest id rather see 4 puffs and a piano instead)

im also hoping sterophonics dont clash with any one im hoping to see

The way I'd like it to plan out.

Kasabian, Muse and Eminem are given their headline slots on whatever day.

Jay-Z would most likely play before Eminem and do a little rapping with him as the evening goes on which is fair enough.

I'd like Stereophonics to play before Kasabian and I'd love to see The Prodigy play the main stage before Muse. Now that'd be quite epic.

Probably wouldn't turn out like that though.

I can see Eminem and The Prodigy clashing though... Well depends on what T in the Park is like for them.

seanbmc wrote: »
    The 02 was a great gig,sound was top notch. As for the line up not happy with BEP. . Really happy with Muse,The Prodigy,Florence,Vampire Weekend and Faithless. Was hoping to see Pendulm,Deadmau5,30 Seconds To mars,Blink 182...hopefully more announcements will come.

Pendulum and 30 Seconds could still be added. They've both got upcoming gigs and I don't think they'd announce them yet to avoid a loss in ticket sales.

Deadmau5 would be also cool and I'm still hoping for that. I can't see Blink 182 playing it as a non-headliner tbh. Never know though.

EDIT: Deadmau5 has a gig in May so again it could be announced after that gig. Here's hoping anyway.

would love a bit of seasick steve in the tent that b quality. i was quite suprised dizzie rascal wasnt announced but its still early days i spose

would love a bit of seasick steve in the tent that b quality. i was quite suprised dizzie rascal wasnt announced but its still early days i spose

Ah yeah. Ton of acts still to be announced.

For my remaining bands I'd love to see:

Brand New
    Pendulum
    The Used
    Enter Shikari
    30 Seconds To Mars (even though I'm seeing them on Friday)
    The Mars Volta
    Fleetwood Mac

Please Oxegen... Tis the least you can do. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Ah yeah. Ton of acts still to be announced.

For my remaining bands I'd love to see:

Brand New
    Pendulum
    The Used
    Enter Shikari
    30 Seconds To Mars (even though I'm seeing them on Friday)
    The Mars Volta
    Fleetwood Mac

Please Oxegen... Tis the least you can do. :)

Enter Shikari are doing the warped tour in the summer so they said they wont be coming to Oxegen. Suprised to not see Pendulm on the list,they were class last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

bep emienem jay z cudnt give a toss der not rock n roll man
    And Florence, Calvin Harris and Paulo Nutini are?? Good man. Couldn't understand the second half of your post by the way.
    Eminem will be massive seeing as he failed to show up the last time at Slane.

Are you talking about the time he cancelled his European tour several months in advance due to health issues?

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    And Florence, Calvin Harris and Paulo Nutini are?? Good man. Couldn't understand the second half of your post by the way.

Are you talking about the time he cancelled his European tour several months in advance due to health issues?

true they arnt rock n roll but more related to it then eminem nd jay z. to b honest i cant relate to jay z nd eminems music der 2 yankee tossers.

what i meant in me 2nd part of my post is that d likes of eminem jay z bep are going to attract drunken young teenage girls barley able to stand nd off there face getin sick

*Sigh*

I didn't mean it like that and you know it. I don't have it out for Eminem. In fact I actually like some of his songs. And by the way it was never proven that Eminem had "health issues". He just claimed that. Personally I don't care either. As long he puts on a good show then what does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

*Sigh*

And by the way it was never proven that Eminem had "health issues". He just claimed that.

He was in rehab. He had a "drug problem". He had a dependance on sleeping tablets and possibly other things. I don't think he just "claimed that". This was widely reported in the media. It also the focus of much of his new material.

On another note Wow I would buy a ticket for Eminem alone! Jay Z, Faithless & The Prodigy excellent! If I'm not away I'd love to go! And I was never really keen to go to Oxygen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

dont really agree with having both jay z and eminem playing, wont be 2 bad as long as there not headlining on different days. anyway there will be other acts playing at that time:) not 2 mention the dreaded enevitable clashes:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Another year, another **** line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Faithless should be good, there always needs to be a top dance/electronic act at Oxy. But Jay-Z and Eminem?? I dont like Jay-Z but he's good at what he does, so dont mind that. As for eminem..... meh

Remember when Oxegen used to be about the music and not the shweahs in their Yankees tracksuits??

jimmay wrote: »
    He was in rehab. He had a "drug problem". He had a dependance on sleeping tablets and possibly other things. I don't think he just "claimed that". This was widely reported in the media. It also the focus of much of his new material.

On another note Wow I would buy a ticket for Eminem alone! Jay Z, Faithless & The Prodigy excellent! If I'm not away I'd love to go! And I was never really keen to go to Oxygen!

Apologies. I thought it was just speculation seeing as the court case was done in private AFAIK.

Haven't heard his new album so didn't realise that the majority of songs were based on his health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Hoping for Pendulum and a few more rock bands. Also some of the class dance acts from last year...

Crookers
    Tiga
    Boys Noize
    Bloody beetroots please...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

So happy Eminem is playing Ireland again,

I wish he was playing his own gig, seen him in 2003, best gig I was ever at and I have been to 100`s.

All the negative comments about him playing there are ridiculous.
    He is the biggest hip hop artist on the planet and artist in general.
    Still as big as ever.
    Oxegen is not just about Indy that ended when it crossed over from witness.
    It’s all about ticket sales at the end of the day

From the way oxegen are portraying, Eminem seems to be there headline artist of the 3 headlines, nice to see Eminem back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I don't get people giving out about the line up, it's a predictable line up for Oxegen, with headliners that will get people to pay €220+ for a camping ticket and with a few gems thrown in.

to b honest i cant relate to jay z nd eminems music der 2 yankee tossers.

Two Yankee tossers? Seriously man, stop talking. You sound like an idiot. Jay-Z is one of the most successful recording artists of all time. He's worked with some of the most influential people in rock music including U2, Coldplay and Linkin Park. It's your problem that you can't relate to him because you're not willing to give him any of your time. He's widely considered as the best rapper alive.

If he's a tosser, then what does that make you?

Two Yankee tossers? Seriously man, stop talking. You sound like an idiot. Jay-Z is one of the most successful recording artists of all time. He's worked with some of the most influential people in rock music including U2, Coldplay and Linkin Park. It's your problem that you can't relate to him because you're not willing to give him any of your time. He's widely considered as the best rapper alive.

Agreed.
    If he's a tosser, then what does that make you?

Disagreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

true they arnt rock n roll but more related to it then eminem nd jay z. to b honest i cant relate to jay z nd eminems music der 2 yankee tossers.

what i meant in me 2nd part of my post is that d likes of eminem jay z bep are going to attract drunken young teenage girls barley able to stand nd off there face getin sick

I bet they can spell and punctuate.

Disagreed.

You disagree with a question :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 emememem

headliners are ****.
    way to attract scumbags.

but worth it for florence and the machine, mumford and sons (amazing last year, best band i saw) la roux, black eyed peas, vampire weekend and broken social scene.
    hopefully they'll announce a few more decent acts, few good dance acts. c'mon deadmau5!!
    oh fingers crossed for passion pit and summer camp and bon iver!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 emememem

haha they censored me!!!

emememem wrote: »
    headliners are ****.
    way to attract scumbags.

hopefully they'll announce a few more decent acts, few good dance acts. c'mon deadmau5!!

You're bitching about Eminem attracting scumbags yet you're hoping Deadmau5 will be announced :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

jimmay wrote: »

+1, if I wasn't in Thailand I'd definitely go. I was never too interested in going to Oxegen before but this years line up would really tempt me :pac:

Advertisement