Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Really Disappointed with that line-up Rise Against and muse are the only bands i want to see im off to pukkelpop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

NTMK wrote: »
    Really Disappointed with that line-up Rise Against and muse are the only bands i want to see im off to pukkelpop
    Yeah looking like Pukkelpop for me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Two Yankee tossers? Seriously man, stop talking. You sound like an idiot. Jay-Z is one of the most successful recording artists of all time. He's worked with some of the most influential people in rock music including U2, Coldplay and Linkin Park. It's your problem that you can't relate to him because you're not willing to give him any of your time. He's widely considered as the best rapper alive.

If he's a tosser, then what does that make you?

im not saying hes a bad musician for what he does he is brillant im just saying the stuff he raps about doesnt connect with me. also u2 quality band but tossers, coldplay tossers and linkin park one of the most influential bands in music, i say john lennons turning in his grave afta hearing dat statement

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I bet they can spell and punctuate.

sorry i forgot this was countdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Does anybody know how much one day tickets for oxygen are?

Also when is the days etc announced does anyone know?
    I just want to see Eminem and my eponymous hero to be honest

• Advertisement

Jigga wrote: »
    Does anybody know how much one day tickets for oxygen are?

Also when is the days etc announced does anyone know?
    I just want to see Eminem and my eponymous hero to be honest

there usually around 100 euro i think

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Quite a few quality acts on the line up. My main gripe is Black Eyed Peas. They're unbelievably ****.

Can't believe people are complaining about acts. Jay Z was brilliant when I saw him at Glasto. He should be headlining above Eminem. Eminem would have been a brilliant headliner a few years ago but his recent material isn't up to scratch. But as long as he plays all his hits, it will be brilliant.

I reckon Biffy Clyro will be added to the line-up in March seen as we're getting the exact same line-up as T in the Park.

nommm wrote: »
    Quite a few quality acts on the line up. My main gripe is Black Eyed Peas. They're unbelievably ****.

Can't believe people are complaining about acts. Jay Z was brilliant when I saw him at Glasto. He should be headlining above Eminem. Eminem would have been a brilliant headliner a few years ago but his recent material isn't up to scratch. But as long as he plays all his hits, it will be brilliant.

I reckon Biffy Clyro will be added to the line-up in March seen as we're getting the exact same line-up as T in the Park.

haha come on the same black eyed peas who wrote such classics as boom boom pow and Ive got a feeling, there song writing abilities have to be up there with Lennon and Mcartney :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

ricero wrote: »
    haha come on the same black eyed peas who wrote such classics as boom boom pow and Ive got a feeling, there song writing abilities have to be up there with Lennon and Mcartney :rolleyes:
    Don't forget 'My Humps' :p

Anyway it won't be hard to find a better act on one of the other stages.

nommm wrote: »
    Don't forget 'My Humps' :p

Anyway it won't be hard to find a better act on one of the other stages.

well believe me IL be looking very hard my friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Jello wrote: »
    I don't see any mention of Fake Blood in the line up?
    Crap, I was looking at the T In The Park line up...

How long to do the main acts normally stay on stage for?

Ive seen some sets from 1hr half to up to 2hrs

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Usually bands will stay on for about 30/45 mins sometimes an hour when they are higher up on the bill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

im not saying hes a bad musician for what he does he is brillant im just saying the stuff he raps about doesnt connect with me. also u2 quality band but tossers, coldplay tossers and linkin park one of the most influential bands in music, i say john lennons turning in his grave afta hearing dat statement
    Never meant to imply that Linkin Park were one of the most influential bands, just he did a big project album with them a few years back. My point is that Jay is not some run-of-the-mill, one dimensional rapper that only talks about guns and bitches. The list of people he has worked with is very long, those three groups were just off the top of my head.

Ricero, is there anyone in the music industry that you don't consider to be a tosser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

sorry i forgot this was countdown

You fail at humour also.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 emememem

deadmau5 doesnt have as big a scumbag following as eminem.
    plus he's savage.
    i thought eminem retired ages ago... he's a bit like early 00's isnt he?
    in fairness to jay z i probably wont go to him but he's still puttin out decent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Bit Dissapointed with the Line-Up Overall..A Few Good Ones in there..Muse will be Brill as Usual,Vampire Weekend lovin their new album,Kasabian,Temper Trap,Florence well worth a look..

Been to every Oxegen so far and always been well looked after with my favourite kind of music..Foo Fighters,Green Day,The Killers,Muse,The Strokes,Manics,Hell even liked KOL back in the Day!,So not much stands out this time around..

Having Said that this was always gonna be a tough year for ticket sales,,It hasnt sold out the last couple years so they had to do something different..Eminem has Sold Out Punchestown Twice and Slane Castle in a Matter of Minutes..OK that was years back but he'd still sell out 3 nights in the O2 no problem..Ive seen him Live Twice..Punchestown and London Arena and he does a Great Gig..I'd say the Atmosphere in the Crowd will be Electric just before he comes on at Oxegen.

As for the Scumbags they are there every year..I have friends who wont go because of them..My Answer to that is OK I have to look at them but ive never been bothered by them,,Im too busy havin a good time..Ignore Them..Make It YOUR Festival and NOT theirs and if they do annoy ya just remember Shellsuits burn a lot quicker than jeans and a T-Shirt:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

the best way to handle scumbags is to befriend them, and befriend all the people around you on the first day, so ye can watch each others tents. friendsssss!

i wonder is blink 182 still out of the question, or babyshambles, hmmm its a meh line up, hopefully there will be a few more acts to be announced, some good irish ones, lisa hannigann, damo dempsey, mundy would help sway me.

• Advertisement

Looks like Jay Z is doing 2nd stage headliner slot.
    Let’s face it, Jay-Z is a Glastonbury Pyramid Stage headliner, and here he is headlining the 2nd Stage at T In The Park… it really shows the pulling-power of the festival these days. Couple that with the news that Stereophonics are also set to play, and you add another band to the mix that could quite easily headline a main stage at any festival in Europe.

http://jimgellatly.com/2010/02/23/three-unsigned-stages-for-t-in-the-park-2010/

Jordonvito wrote: »
    i wonder is blink 182 still out of the question, or babyshambles, hmmm its a meh line up, hopefully there will be a few more acts to be announced, some good irish ones, lisa hannigann, damo dempsey, mundy would help sway me.
    Id say we can rule Out Blink182 but say we'll get them in August for Slane or the O2..Was even Dissapointed Arctic Monkeys werent announced even thou beforehand I wasnt bothered either Way..

Jay-Z and Eminem were always going to be on Different Days to help Weekend Ticket Sales and I'd say a lot of people will be surprised at how high up on the Main Stage they put Florence and the Machine after 1 Album..I Bet 2nd or 3rd from Top.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Acid Tongue

Jordonvito wrote: »

I would be very surprised to see Lisa Hannigan do Oxegen. She's a Picnic lover, that's for sure.

I would be very surprised to see Lisa Hannigan do Oxegen. She's a Picnic lover, that's for sure.

ye was thinkn that alri, she probably frowns upon oxegen, im at thte stage now where the music at ep is more appealing, but i reckon the crack at oxegen would be hard bet, nothin better than a bit of divilment at oxegen!

Jay-Z and Eminem were always going to be on Different Days to help Weekend Ticket Sales
    Is that going to be case? I certainly hope not!

Is that going to be case? I certainly hope not!
    Dont know for Sure but definitely makes more sense in them shifting the tickets and that seems to be what its all about this year but agreed they would be great doing something together..

Also with Furious-Reds Post Above-Jay-Z to headline O2 Stage that would mean they clash if they played the same day so that kinda confirms their on different days:rolleyes:

Dont know for Sure but definitely makes more sense in them shifting the tickets and that seems to be what its all about this year but agreed they would be great doing something together..

Also with Furious-Reds Post Above-Jay-Z to headline O2 Stage that would mean they clash if they played the same day so that kinda confirms their on different days:rolleyes:
    Ya but his quote is in reference to the T Festival which is in Scotland. Or does that have some significance to oxygen because i don't follow :o

Ya but his quote is in reference to the T Festival which is in Scotland. Or does that have some significance to oxygen because i don't follow :o
    Same Weekend ..Same Acts Pretty Much..Just Different Days..Ive used the T In the Park website for the last 4 years to find out whos playing on what stage..for example i found out Nine Inch Nails and Janes Addiction would be headlining the Second Stage at Oxegen last year a month before Oxegen announced it just from going off the T Site..

Oxegen obviously caught up this year with the announcement on the same day but keep a eye on the T Site cos it'll usually tell ya way quicker whos playing on what stage..

Not 100% Accurate but As Good As;)

Yea we usually share the same headliners on each stage although there is sometimes one or differences between Oxegen and TITP , like in 08 they had Kaiser Chiefs on the 2nd stage against RATM while we had Kaiser Chiefs under RATM and Chemical Bros on the 2nd stage. Last year was the same at both festivals Main and 2nd had the same headliners . Faithless are playing the Sunday and efestivals said Eminem is also on Sunday so id say that means Faithless on 2nd stage vs Eminem on Main.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Mr_Chav_by_vurtpunk.jpg

Those going to Oxegen would be well advised to read this book I just found in a local store. Available where people dream I guess.

Advertisement