Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mr_Chav_by_vurtpunk.jpg

Those going to Oxegen would be well advised to read this book I just found in a local store. Available where people dream I guess.

Ah to be fair, Oxegen and I'm sure every festival in Ireland has it's fair share of knackers attending. It's over highlighted this year due to Eminem and Jay-Z performing.

I saw Jay-Z when he played here in the RDS about 2 years ago and there was a really good atmosphere about the place.

Saw The Prodigy in the O2 last year and the amount of troublemakers there was unreal.

The Prodigy have played Oxegen a ton of times and it's never highlighted that their fans attract scumbags too.

Meh. I personally can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

That_Guy wrote: »
    The Prodigy have played Oxegen a ton of times and it's never highlighted that their fans attract scumbags too.

I've heard it said

I've heard it said

Ah yeah I've heard it myself but people are very quick to just highlight Eminem and Jay-Z's fans. I know that a lot of scumbags like Eminem and Jay-Z but I've been in some serious crazy pits at The Prodigy with a ton of people just in there to throw a few anonymous digs.

I've not seen Eminem live so not sure what the crowd is like. Jay-Z's crowd was good. Just a lot of arms going up and down for a while and a bit of dancing. That's about it I suppose.

I'm hoping Jay-Z will have his band with him at Oxegen this year like Glastonbury.

I've not seen Eminem live so not sure what the crowd is like.

You make a lot of sense, but I must tell you a funny story....a couple of years ago I remember hearing a report on FM104, I'm actually gonna look online for the news piece and see if it's still there...anyway, they claimed that on the night Eminem played in Punchestown there was virtually no crime in Dublin city centre that night....not one reported incident of theft or physical harm....I remember hearing that on the news years ago and laughing to myself

You make a lot of sense, but I must tell you a funny story....a couple of years ago I remember hearing a report on FM104, I'm actually gonna look online for the news piece and see if it's still there...anyway, they claimed that on the night Eminem played in Punchestown there was virtually no crime in Dublin city centre that night....not one reported incident of theft or physical harm....I remember hearing that on the news years ago and laughing to myself

That's actually kinda funny.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BrandonFlowers

i'm pretty sure thats an urban myth, i've heard it for all kinds of events most notably the UFC and bernard dunne boxing matches!!

but maybe it was, that would be hilarious imo

be interesting to see figures for the 9-11th of july 2010 in that case!!:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Madness look pretty certain to play since they are playing TITP on the Sunday

That's actually kinda funny.... :)

Having looked around all I can find is the support list for that night:
    D12, 50 Cent, Obie Trice, Cypress Hill & Xzibit - which kinda makes you think

And this news article, from a Kildare paper, about a stabbing at the concert - and the fact that massive delays were caused when people realised they had to pay 5Euro for carparking!

http://archives.tcm.ie/kildarenationalist/2003/07/03/story15237.asp

It doesn't paint a good picture of his fans, although doesn't specifically say about the no crime there either....

Madness look pretty certain to play since they are playing TITP on the Sunday

That'd be absolutely amazing. Would love to go see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SYLT

I'm hoping for Felix Da Housecat, saw him in the Academy last year but missed him in Oxegen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Having looked around all I can find is the support list for that night:
    D12, 50 Cent, Obie Trice, Cypress Hill & Xzibit - which kinda makes you think

And this news article, from a Kildare paper, about a stabbing at the concert - and the fact that massive delays were caused when people realised they had to pay 5Euro for carparking!

http://archives.tcm.ie/kildarenationalist/2003/07/03/story15237.asp

It doesn't paint a good picture of his fans, although doesn't specifically say about the no crime there either....
    Anybody can pick an isolated incident from a concert like that.

What about this incident when a man coming out of a Robbie Williams in Croke park couple years and bottled a fireman.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0323/dublin.html
    It doesn't paint a good picture of his fans either :rolleyes:

How about if I said for example "All fans of dance music can't enjoy it without taking e's"
    Would that be a generalisation or the truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

I heard from a good source their putting a Fence through the middle of the Site this year..

On Arrival you must present your ticket and will be invited to say the Word "Right" to the Security Guard..

If you say "ROISH" or something similiar you will be presented with a Wristband for the Green CampSite where there will be a 24 hour Spa,Showers with Warm Evian Water,Personal Appearances from Ryan Tubridy and the Xpose Team throughout the Weekend and exclusive access to your side of the Arena where u will see Muse,Florence,Mumford and Sons,Vampire Weekend,Paolo Nutini,John Mayer and Many Others..The Words "Oxegen 10" on the Top of Your Stage Will be Replaced with the Words "OMG Sooooooo ROISH 10"..

Alternatively If you say "Riiiiiii" you will be presented with a Wristband for the Red Campsite where there will be a 24 Hour Spar,Showers with Recycled Toilet Water from the Green Campsite,Personal Appearances from Bernard Dunne and Xzibit with the Pimp My Ride Team along with Bather Burger Eating and Chewing Gum Spitting Competitions along with Exclusive Access to your Side of the Arena where you will see Eminem,Jay-Zzzzzz,The Prodigy,David Guetta,Faithless,and The Black Eyed Peas along with Many Others..The Words "Oxegen 10" on the top of your Stage will be Replaced with the Words "Are ya Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii 10"

You Heard It here First:p

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

I heard from a good source their putting a Fence through the middle of the Site this year..

On Arrival you must present your ticket and will be invited to say the Word "Right" to the Security Guard..

If you say "ROISH" or something similiar you will be presented with a Wristband for the Green CampSite where there will be a 24 hour Spa,Showers with Warm Evian Water,Personal Appearances from Ryan Tubridy and the Xpose Team throughout the Weekend and exclusive access to your side of the Arena where u will see Muse,Florence,Mumford and Sons,Vampire Weekend,Paolo Nutini,John Mayer and Many Others..The Words "Oxegen 10" on the Top of Your Stage Will be Replaced with the Words "OMG Sooooooo ROISH 10"..

Alternatively If you say "Riiiiiii" you will be presented with a Wristband for the Red Campsite where there will be a 24 Hour Spar,Showers with Recycled Toilet Water from the Green Campsite,Personal Appearances from Bernard Dunne and Xzibit with the Pimp My Ride Team along with Bather Burger Eating and Chewing Gum Spitting Competitions along with Exclusive Access to your Side of the Arena where you will see Eminem,Jay-Zzzzzz,The Prodigy,David Guetta,Faithless,and The Black Eyed Peas along with Many Others..The Words "Oxegen 10" on the top of your Stage will be Replaced with the Words "Are ya Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii 10"

You Heard It here First:p

there seems to be know middle ground for my thick offaly accent though?

Jordonvito wrote: »
    there seems to be know middle ground for my thick offaly accent though?

The field... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

Is it possible to buy a one night camping ticket?? rather than 3 nights or no nights?!

p.s. scumbags are good craic, they're the ones providing the real entertainment

Jigga wrote: »
    How about if I said for example "All fans of dance music can't enjoy it without taking e's"
    Would that be a generalisation or the truth?

Now you're just being sarcastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Never meant to imply that Linkin Park were one of the most influential bands, just he did a big project album with them a few years back. My point is that Jay is not some run-of-the-mill, one dimensional rapper that only talks about guns and bitches. The list of people he has worked with is very long, those three groups were just off the top of my head.

Ricero, is there anyone in the music industry that you don't consider to be a tosser?

Yea liam gallaghar;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

p.s. scumbags are good craic, they're the ones providing the real entertainment

not when they are robbing tents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 eeefa

Yea there is gonna be alooooooot of scumbags there, but for those of you that have been will know that there is scum every year and actually i've seen drunk people that are far from scumbags act worse.

Get on your Air Classics, and just enjoy it. Hopefully the line up for EP will be better. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Is it possible to buy a one night camping ticket?? rather than 3 nights or no nights?!

Nope pretty sure you aren't able to. Check the website for info.

• Advertisement

eeefa wrote: »
    Hopefully the line up for EP will be better. :cool:

Reading is a possibility for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 eeefa

Reading is a possibility for me!
    I've been wanting to go there since forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Ah yeah I've heard it myself but people are very quick to just highlight Eminem and Jay-Z's fans. I know that a lot of scumbags like Eminem and Jay-Z but I've been in some serious crazy pits at The Prodigy with a ton of people just in there to throw a few anonymous digs.

I've not seen Eminem live so not sure what the crowd is like. Jay-Z's crowd was good. Just a lot of arms going up and down for a while and a bit of dancing. That's about it I suppose.

I'm hoping Jay-Z will have his band with him at Oxegen this year like Glastonbury.

Well tbh at The Prodigy in the 02 everyone was grand in the pits ,I thought there would be some trouble as The Prodigy attracts different types of people,but it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

not when they are robbing tents

scumbags get a lot of blame for these sort of things, but in reality, the scumbags at oxegen are often normal folk like ourselves, who with drink and freedom turn into some sort of beings mad for harm and general divilment.I'l admit it myself i done stuff at oxegen that i wouldnt do anywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Muse are headlining on Saturday night.

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=71471

Jordonvito wrote: »
    scumbags get a lot of blame for these sort of things, but in reality, the scumbags at oxegen are often normal folk like ourselves, who with drink and freedom turn into some sort of beings mad for harm and general divilment.I'l admit it myself i done stuff at oxegen that i wouldnt do anywhere else!

at oxegen in 08, there were a good few scumbags around our tents. they didnt have the armbands, they were just there to rob stuff, loads of people around us had a load of stuff taken. one of them was caught red handed and security threw them out.

nommm wrote: »
    Muse are headlining on Saturday night.

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=71471

nice one. might get a sat ticket so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Ah yeah. Ton of acts still to be announced.

For my remaining bands I'd love to see:

Brand New
    Pendulum
    The Used
    Enter Shikari
    30 Seconds To Mars (even though I'm seeing them on Friday)
    The Mars Volta
    Fleetwood Mac

Please Oxegen... Tis the least you can do. :)

30 seconds to mars are likely definately playing :) just need to wait til after the gig on friday...(as it's not sold out)
    If the used played...it'd probaly sell it to me :) I really want to see them live.
    Add My Chemical Romance to the list and i'm definately going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Muse and eminem on saturday would complete my life

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Faithless also on the sat
    http://www.faithless.co.uk/news.php?id=15

That website says Faithless are on Sunday. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

at oxegen in 08, there were a good few scumbags around our tents. they didnt have the armbands, they were just there to rob stuff, loads of people around us had a load of stuff taken. one of them was caught red handed and security threw them out.

Faithless also on the sat
    http://www.faithless.co.uk/news.php?id=15

". Faithless will be at T In the Park on Friday 9th and Oxegen on Sunday 11th July."

Hes on the sunday :)

Advertisement