Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

seanbmc wrote: »
    ". Faithless will be at T In the Park on Friday 9th and Oxegen on Sunday 11th July."

Hes on the sunday :)

:o:o:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Yeah that confirms the headliners for Oxegen..
    Friday Kasabian..Saturday Muse and Sunday Eminem
    http://www.tinthepark.com/content/default.asp?page=s3_23

Would bet on Kasabian/Prodigy Friday Co-Headline on Main Stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

To be honest I don't think there has been a lineup worth talking about since 06. RHCP, the who and James brown to name but a few along with your artic monkeys and kaiser chiefs and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Black Eyed Peas are playing on the same day as Muse. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 _Wilhelm_

nommm wrote: »
    Black Eyed Peas are playing on the same day as Muse. WTF?

whats so bad about that ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

_Wilhelm_ wrote: »
    whats so bad about that ??

The Black Eyed Peas are pure shíte live in my opinion,more of a spectacle than anything musical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 wasssuuup

anybody know what day eminem or jay z are on?...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

wasssuuup wrote: »
    anybody know what day eminem or jay z are on?...

Eminem is on Sunday not sure about Jay Z.

The prodigy are on the friday

cool, was that announced? ya know anyone else thats gonna be playing on sunday? just wanna see shady tbh!...

wasssuuup wrote: »
    cool, was that announced? ya know anyone else thats gonna be playing on sunday? just wanna see shady tbh!...

on efestivals.co.uk it says Eminem is on sunday , Prodigy have it on there myspace

• Advertisement

If you look on the bands website, most of them have Oxegen in their tourdates section.

Although Vampire Weekend are apparently playing on the 12th. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

seanbmc wrote: »
    The Black Eyed Peas are pure shíte live in my opinion,more of a spectacle than anything musical.

Then don't go see them. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Reckon they'll be one big band still to be announced for a headline slot friday along with Kasabian. I personally think they'll look for another band for after Kasabian. Kasabian are a very good band but imo they aren't big enough to headline.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Reckon they'll be one big band still to be announced for a headline slot friday along with Kasabian. I personally think they'll look for another band for after Kasabian. Kasabian are a very good band but imo they aren't big enough to headline.

I disagree. I don't know a lot of their music but their live show is absolutely amazing. They're a good festival band. I can't see who else would headline instead of them tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭joekeville

yea kasabian live are emense and are defo gud enuf t headline !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

SantryRed wrote: »

honestly hands down them and muse are the best live bands in the world at the moment in my opinion and rightly deserve to headline. i guarantee you if you see kasabian at oxegen they will play best performance of the entire festival, if not them then muse defintly will.

anybody think mgmt might be announced yano as they have a new album coming out soon

Kasabian deserve the slot tbh ive seen them at least once a year since 2006 and in the O2 it was prob the best gig ive ever been to they had to whole place jumping. I think the Prodigy are gonna be on before them. Same with Muse who i think are suited indoors , but Kasabian were a tiny little bit better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Muse indoors?!? They won't be indoors at oxegen anyway!

shoutman wrote: »

I've seen Muse twice outside now and it doesn't really matter. Inside or outside they are just amazing.

Not the biggest fan of their latest album but I'm still looking forward to seeing them.

shoutman wrote: »

Ha yea i no that , i just meant i prefer them indoors but their still unreal outside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

i might go for the one day just to see muse... haven't seen them live yet so unless they have an upcoming concert on their own i'll probably look for the 1 day ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That_Guy wrote: »
    Not the biggest fan of their latest album but I'm still looking forward to seeing them.

I must say that the new songs sound fantastic live.

The 1st batch of TITP tickets have sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

If anyone thinks Muse outdoors will be bad, just watch their wembley videos, thats out doors and amazing.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I must say that the new songs sound fantastic live.

Excellent stuff. Looking forward to hearing them. I suppose the new material will be a lot more atmospheric with a huge light show and a ton of people open mouthed and standing aghast at the sheer brilliance of the live spectacle that is Muse.

ps3man wrote: »
    If anyone thinks Muse outdoors will be bad, just watch their wembley videos, thats out doors and amazing.
    He didn't say they were bad outdoors. He just prefers them indoors.:rolleyes:

anyone know how long the headline acts play for. i.e how long will eminem play for/how many songs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Usually headline acts play for about 80 - 100 minutes.
    Anyone know if it will be just heineken again that you can buy in the festivel area this year?

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Usually headline acts play for about 80 - 100 minutes.
    Anyone know if it will be just heineken again that you can buy in the festivel area this year?

Too early to say but I'm sure it most likely will be. Wouldn't mind a JD tent. :)

• Advertisement

And we get the Bacardi tent aswell.

Advertisement