Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Usually headline acts play for about 80 - 100 minutes.
    Anyone know if it will be just heineken again that you can buy in the festivel area this year?
    heinken are sponsoring it again so that will be the only beer you can buy,wouldnt make sense to sell others, 4 them anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Does anyone know if you are allowed bring your own drink in with you if you only have a day pass?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jigga wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you are allowed bring your own drink in with you if you only have a day pass?

Nope , unless you hide it. I might bring one of those rucksacks where you can fill it up with beer and drink threw a straw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Nope , unless you hide it. I might bring one of those rucksacks where you can fill it up with beer and drink threw a straw :)
    The money hungry fcukers! Perhaps I'll have to sneak it in my circulatory system ;)

My friend had a naggin in his bag when he came in on the saturday last year , they looked threw his bag but didnt see it at the bottom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

The prodigy are on the friday
    the prodigy are on Sunday, 11 July. From their official website. Linky

They're more or less the only reason Im going. Who else is on Sunday do ye know? Eminem?

Can anyone tell me about the age restrictions? I ll be 2 weeks from my 17 when Im going..Will they let me off with it or, if not, would it be possible to ask a random adult to tell them they're my guardian blah blah blah..Any help greatly appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭joekeville

They're more or less the only reason Im going. Who else is on Sunday do ye know? Eminem?

Can anyone tell me about the age restrictions? I ll be 2 weeks from my 17 when Im going..Will they let me off with it or, if not, would it be possible to ask a random adult to tell them they're my guardian blah blah blah..Any help greatly appreciated!

Went 2 years ago when i was 16 they were very stickt on it so i had t ask a lad over 25 in the q to sign me up he did it no prob, only thing was they asked a **** load of questions like who he was how i know him and all they ask all the questions to you not together so you have to b well prepared with the person ur pulling so i wud suggest going early and hav a cuple of hours to talk to the person. They dont let ya in with the day pass till 1 anyway so ya shud have plenty time !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

I was 16 last year going and had no problem getting in and i look young(still do). Had a half a litre on me aswell which i got in no bother just had it under my belt they didnt look twice. You really shouldnt have a problem with getting drink in.

I know its not announced but what day do people figure Muse are gona play? Im missin the friday and they are the only band i really want to see. Hopefully its the Saturday and Kasabian the Sunday. Although it sounds like eminem and Prodigy on the last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    I was 16 last year going and had no problem getting in and i look young(still do). Had a half a litre on me aswell which i got in no bother just had it under my belt they didnt look twice. You really shouldnt have a problem with getting drink in.

I know its not announced but what day do people figure Muse are gona play? Im missin the friday and they are the only band i really want to see. Hopefully its the Saturday and Kasabian the Sunday. Although it sounds like eminem and Prodigy on the last night.
    Muse announced on their website that they were playing on the Saturday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

^^They're not strict at all, last year was my first Oxegen and I was 15(Turning 16 on the 14th after it) and they didnt even bat an eyelid at me(Although I was with my adult sister) just don't look ten and you'll be grand :)

• Advertisement

yea, gonna get a fake id for like a tenner anyway.just to be on the safe side of things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

yea, gonna get a fake id for like a tenner anyway.just to be on the safe side of things :D

No need. Just find someone in the crowd who looks 25 to get you in.

That_Guy wrote: »
    No need. Just find someone in the crowd who looks 25 to get you in.

But wouldn't some people be put off by having to sign some form etc? :confused:

Most people are willing to do it. Just look for someone who looks friendly.

Not at all. Sure it probably only takes a minute or two. Don't worry about it. There'll always be someone willing to do it.

Thanks lads, you're awesome! Cant wait to get my tickets =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Well I went when I was 16 one year,I went on the friday and just strolled in! I heard they were really strict on the thursday so if I were you I¬d go on the friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Any ideas when they will announce when each act is playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

shoutman wrote: »
    Any ideas when they will announce when each act is playing?

Usually they release what days bands are playing around mid-end May if I remember correctly, I think the actual timetable comes out around mid June. Better be no bad clashes this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Usually they release what days bands are playing around mid-end May if I remember correctly, I think the actual timetable comes out around mid June. Better be no bad clashes this year...

Is it not sooner than that for people buying day tickets?

• Advertisement

kateos2 wrote: »
    Is it not sooner than that for people buying day tickets?

Well they release what days all the bands are playing around mid may, I think though they release what day the big acts are playing earlier. I think you the prodigy and eminem are playing on the sunday which is already released. Correct if im wrong though, its been a year so memory not the best.

You can find out what day each act is playing if you look at the tourdates section on the bands website.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Heleboo

Can find out a lot of info on the oxegen official forum.
    Is my first Oxegen this year, a bit scary as people always have bad stories to tell - tents being used as urinals etc, but a lot exciting too! We plan to head down on Thursday, be there good and early in order to pitch tents in a good enough spot. Bringing an almighty amount of drink with us.

In terms of "scumbags" being there, sure there are scumbags everywhere in Ireland, just keep yourself to yourself (well apart from forming lifelong drunken friendships with randomers!!) and enjoy the craic!

I think the line up is pretty varied, obviously to appeal to many, and if you're determined to go but are also determined to gripe about who is playing, then go and enjoy everything else that is going on!

My only concern is re how quick the tix will go, I know it didn't sell out the last coupla years but look at TITP!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Typical my school is collecting debs money the day these tickets are out? anyone know when the times of when the acts are playing will be realised?

Heleboo wrote: »
    Can find out a lot of info on the oxegen official forum.
    Is my first Oxegen this year, a bit scary as people always have bad stories to tell - tents being used as urinals etc, but a lot exciting too! We plan to head down on Thursday, be there good and early in order to pitch tents in a good enough spot. Bringing an almighty amount of drink with us.

In terms of "scumbags" being there, sure there are scumbags everywhere in Ireland, just keep yourself to yourself (well apart from forming lifelong drunken friendships with randomers!!) and enjoy the craic!

I think the line up is pretty varied, obviously to appeal to many, and if you're determined to go but are also determined to gripe about who is playing, then go and enjoy everything else that is going on!

My only concern is re how quick the tix will go, I know it didn't sell out the last coupla years but look at TITP!
    Just a tip, if your bringing a lot of beer, cover it up a bit or something as there is thieves in the campsites that will nick beer during the day when most people are in the festivel area.

But about the scumbags, keeping to yourselves doesnt work always, some of them will just come up and not piss off, like they might not be looking for a fight or anything but they can get annoying, but its generally ok.

Yeah i think first batch of tickets will sell out so im gonna que the morning for them.
    ps3man wrote: »
    Typical my school is collecting debs money the day these tickets are out? anyone know when the times of when the acts are playing will be realised?
    As i said above, the acutal timetable with times isnt released until around mid-end june, but you can find out the days all the bands are playing earlier, around May im pretty sure. But some bands put the day their playing on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Heleboo

Just a tip, if your bringing a lot of beer, cover it up a bit or something as there is thieves in the campsites that will nick beer during the day when most people are in the festivel area.

But about the scumbags, keeping to yourselves doesnt work always, some of them will just come up and not piss off, like they might not be looking for a fight or anything but they can get annoying, but its generally ok.

Yeah i think first batch of tickets will sell out so im gonna que the morning for them.

Yeah was presuming that about the drink alright, we are prob driving up, and are considering leaving supplies in the boot, or depending on cash may book into one of the fancy yokes at the green campsite!

Hopefully we don't run into any nasty people, suppose tho can be the same going to a club or anything! Hopefully the majority of people are there for a good time.

Woohoo though, super excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I wonder if they will do that ticket deposit thong they did last year.

Ive decided if i do go i shall be staying in the Tangerine Fields for 1st time. Its not that much more expensive when you add everything up , and plus there will be no scumbags in the area :)

seanbmc wrote: »
    I wonder if they will do that ticket deposit thong they did last year.

yea,they do, yea.Linky

• Advertisement

[quote=[Deleted User];64712546]Oxegen sucks.[/QUOTE]

Alternative festival perhaps?

As for those worrying about the tickets being sold out, register with Oxegen on their website to get priority tickets a day before they go on general release.

Always handy and requires no long queue's the next day. :)
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Advertisement